Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
JUST GO HERE FOR DEALS NOW: Credit over at DVDtalk.com
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=482461

Please feel free to post any HD-DVD / BD deals in this thread.

- Family Video Store for $5 off first time orders at http://www.familyvideo.com
This coupon is good for $5 off $5 and it's only .99 cents shipping for any size order.
Coupon code: NEWMEM96
Batman Begins HD-DVD ~ $17 shipped

- Google Checkout at BUY.com / CDUniverse.com / Bestprices.com have good deals (EXP 10/31)

- Amazon seems to have competitive prices on some also. 10 % off DEAL (order 3 and get 10% off and get 10% off for a year)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/102-4264254-3012160?ie=UTF8&nodeId=160066011

HD-DVD/Blu-Ray REVIEWS:
www.dvdtalk.com
www.highdefdigest.com

[quote name='tinyandi']I bit on the deal. Thanks guys:

1 Constantine (HD) HD-DVD Price $14.36 (Savings $5.59)
1 Departed, The (BD) Blu-Ray Price $19.40 (Savings $7.55)
1 Last Samurai, The (BD) Blu-Ray Price $14.36 (Savings $5.59)
1 Troy (HD) HD-DVD Price $14.38 (Savings $5.57)

Sub Total:$ 62.50
Tax:$ 5.00
ORDER BALANCE:$ 67.50[/QUOTE]

Any particular reason you go The Last Samurai on BD and not HD?

My first movie from HDDVDWorld.com came in today. I'm a little disappointed but for the price, I really shouldn't be complaining. I placed my order on the 24th, the first part of my order shipped on the 26th, and I recieved it today on the 2nd.

I thought this was a little slow for Priority and the guy that owns HDDVDWorld had this to say about the issue.

[quote name='MovieMinded']We have a warehouse in Floriday but your order shipped from our California warehouse. Normally Priority Mail does not take this long but this week we even have Express Mail packages taking 3 days to arrive and that's supposed to be overnight, so something is up with USPS this week, most likely due to their upcoming restructuring and postage hike. Your package was shipped and will reach you any day based on the delivery delays we've seen all week long with USPS services.

[quote name='Sporadic']Does priority usually take this long? I still haven't recieved it yet.

I thought you guys had a distribution center in Florida?

[quote name='MovieMinded']Your order shipped out on Tuesday and will reach you shortly.

[quote name='Sporadic']Hey MovieMinded,

I made an order on the 24th (order #____) and I have yet to recieve my Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas.

Any idea what could be going on?

Thanks,
________[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

So let's get on to the packaging.

It came in a normal priority box.

And inside, nothing besides my movie and a little bit of crumpled up paper to keep my movie from bouncing around in the box. No order sheet, which I thought was kind of weird.

Overall, it's been a good experience so far.

It's nice to get free priority shipping and have them mail out my order as they get it in without getting charged additional fees like Amazon does. Plus their prices are on par with almost all of the big name online stores.

I had a great experience with HDDVDWorld.com last week. I placed an order on Monday for Happy Feet and Children of Men and used the free shipping code but somehow it made all the shipping options free. I clicked the Express Shipping option just to check if it worked and while I didn't get a shipping confirmation to know it shipped, the movies did get to me by Wednesday. I got no hassle for choosing a faster shipping option and wasn't charged extra. They did come in a very unprotective plastic bag but the movies were in great shape nonetheless.

[quote name='Santurio']I had a great experience with HDDVDWorld.com last week. I placed an order on Monday for Happy Feet and Children of Men and used the free shipping code but somehow it made all the shipping options free. I clicked the Express Shipping option just to check if it worked and while I didn't get a shipping confirmation to know it shipped, the movies did get to me by Wednesday. I got no hassle for choosing a faster shipping option and wasn't charged extra. They did come in a very unprotective plastic bag but the movies were in great shape nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

All Children Of Men preorders were upgraded to Express Mail to make up the fact Universal was late with them.

You can click any shipping method when you order with the HighDef code but when it mails out, it will go Priority.

Have you tried logging in to your warner account. It takes you to a spyware type site. As much as they make of the Harry Potter franchise, their site is very unproffesional.

Still 30% and free shipping. good deal.

HA ha. some guys on AVS forum said that they received their orders from 3/30. Partial orders. I bought matrix trilogy and I have to wait for grand prix.
o yeah one guy said his order was via UPS.

Warner seems worse than that site with the Babel deal.

Good News! The USD 10% off coupon is working again! Bad News is that the free shipping coupon doesn't work now. Oh well, I'd rather have the 30% off. I just ordered Matrix HD and added in Casablanca to bump my total to over $60 to get free standard shipping. I had wanted to get that some time anyway.

After coupons:

Matrix Complete $57
Casablanca $15

Can't beat that.

Just got my order I placed with Warner Bros. last week. That was damn fast.

Happy Feet HD DVD
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang HD DVD
Swordfish HD DVD

and still got Matrix Trilogy on order.

Whoever said that they don't ship until all you're items are available, wasn't accurate.

[quote name='Sporadic']My first movie from HDDVDWorld.com came in today. I'm a little disappointed but for the price, I really shouldn't be complaining. I placed my order on the 24th, the first part of my order shipped on the 26th, and I recieved it today on the 2nd.

I thought this was a little slow for Priority and the guy that owns HDDVDWorld had this to say about the issue.

[/QUOTE]
That sounds like some BS to me. What is the shipping date on the box?

I sell on ebay all the time and always go through USPS without a problem. If anything, my stuff gets there early.

[quote name='afroabdul']Good News! The USD 10% off coupon is working again! Bad News is that the free shipping coupon doesn't work now. Oh well, I'd rather have the 30% off. I just ordered Matrix HD and added in Casablanca to bump my total to over $60 to get free standard shipping. I had wanted to get that some time anyway.

After coupons:

Matrix Complete $57
Casablanca $15

Can't beat that.[/quote]

WooHoo!! Thanks for the info. Just grabbed Troy and preordered Planet Earth: The Complete Collection. Thanks again.

Got my shipping email from warner, went out on the 3rd. Grand Prix is racing its way to my screen. Matrix still processing.

so now GP is on its way and Matrix is shipping when availabe. Here's were it gets interesting.

on 3/30 70 odd dollars were pending in my bank account. On 4/3 GP shipped. on4/4 i got an email saying it shipped and that I would only be charged ~$17.and that teh Matrix would ship when availble.

So today 4/5 I checked my bank account again. That ~$70 pending isnt pending anymore. It Just there in my Bank account without any record of a purchase from warner.

GP + Matrix for $free.99!!!!

Doubt it. Ill go back and check my account tomorrow.
wasnt charged the~$17 either. ohh well.

Ill let ya'll know how this turns out.

wtf... ok so i never got to email them but i just got this email..

nice....

Thank you for shopping with WARNER HOME VIDEO.

We have shipped your order for the following:
=======================================================
QTYItem1Scanner Darkly, A (HD)
HD-DVD

Your order was paid as follows:

VISA$15.37

The order was shipped on 04/03/2007 using our Standard shipment method
to:

Thanks so much for posting this WB sale, I've just had my three HDDVDs forever because Im such a cheapskape. Got V for Vendetta, Troy and the Fugitive for about $15 each thats a decent price for even the DVD version.

[quote name='shadowrage']so now GP is on its way and Matrix is shipping when availabe. Here's were it gets interesting.

on 3/30 70 odd dollars were pending in my bank account. On 4/3 GP shipped. on4/4 i got an email saying it shipped and that I would only be charged ~$17.and that teh Matrix would ship when availble.

So today 4/5 I checked my bank account again. That ~$70 pending isnt pending anymore. It Just there in my Bank account without any record of a purchase from warner.

GP + Matrix for $free.99!!!!

Doubt it. Ill go back and check my account tomorrow.
wasnt charged the~$17 either. ohh well.

Ill let ya'll know how this turns out.[/quote]

im pretty sure they just put an authorization on your account when you make the order

Damn i ordered too much!

The Matrix ultimate collection
A Scanner Darkly
Letters From Iwo Jima
The Road Warrior
Charlie and the Chocolate Family
Terminator 3!

$149.00 with a savings of $57! woot!

wow it sounds you guys are ordering movies for the hell of it.. lol

there really isnt too much that interests me from warner so far that i didnt allready order

preordered matrix trilogy and letters from iwo jima (HD). i'll probably forget all about em when they come in the mail.

An FYI for anybody who has a Toshiba HD-A1/XA1:

Firmware 2.1 is out, however DO NOT download it if your player is connected via HDMI-->DVI. The vast majority of people wind up with no video, and if you don't have a CD copy of the 2.0 firmware you're screwed, because there's no other way to go back. There is supposed to be a new revision in a month or so that addresses this, but for now it's just not safe, again just for people with HDMI-->DVI. HDMI-->HDMI is fine.

I know this isn't a deal, but seemed like the most appropriate place to put it.

Is WB coming out with any other HD/BD soon that are not on the site? I'm tempted to order soemthing, but there is nothing I want....not a BIG enough Matrix fan.

[quote name='doubledown']Is WB coming out with any other HD/BD soon that are not on the site? I'm tempted to order soemthing, but there is nothing I want....not a BIG enough Matrix fan.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, there's a couple Warner titles I thought of like The Fountain, but then couldn't find them for pre-order on the WHV site. I did end up pre-ordering The Road Warrior, but I'm a little hesitant about how good it'll look.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']I'm in the same boat, there's a couple Warner titles I thought of like The Fountain, but then couldn't find them for pre-order on the WHV site. I did end up pre-ordering The Road Warrior, but I'm a little hesitant about how good it'll look.[/QUOTE]

Fountain should be up soon. Letters from Iwo Jima was up for pre-order a couple days after it was announced.

Thanks for the heads-up on the WB deals. All I really wanted was Planet Earth but i picked up Scanner Darkly as well because I'd rather pay $15 for that than $8 for shipping.

Now I just need to find a decent deal on Serenity... any suggestions? I JUST got my HD DVD player this weekend and I'm not sure where to shop.

[quote name='Machikunas']Thanks for the heads-up on the WB deals. All I really wanted was Planet Earth but i picked up Scanner Darkly as well because I'd rather pay $15 for that than $8 for shipping.

Now I just need to find a decent deal on Serenity... any suggestions? I JUST got my HD DVD player this weekend and I'm not sure where to shop.[/quote]I think Buy.com has the best deal on it right now at $19.82 and I do think they accept GCO if you haven't tried that yet. Free shippion on orders over $25 as well.

On friday I was looking for some real Grindhouse movies. And picked up some Aja films. DVD universe had Serenity HD for 15 something. Bumped my order to 30 plus. With the GCO I got Serenity for 12~ shipped.

Is Pan's Labyrinth on the WB site? I did not see it when I placed my order. Alos, I am drawn more toward the blu-ray version of movies. I don't really support one format over the other because I have a 360 and PS3 as well as the dual format player. Is there really a big difference? I really can't tell see a significant difference when I am watching the two formats. Feature-wise, I know Univeral adds some extra functionality, but WB seems to produce identical packages. Anything I missed?

Do'h! I got Scanner Darkly in HD-DVD. It was the only one I did get in HD-DVD. I figured I would spread the love some.

HDDVDWorld.com trip report part II

My A Scanner Darkly showed up today. Same priority box and crumpled piece of paper.

This time though they mailed it out on the 7th.

So pretty amazing turn around.

Ordered The Matrix set. These will be the first HD-DVDs I own other than King Kong.

Thanks a lot everyone!

I don't get it. So I go to order V for Vendetta, Troy, Last Samurai, and the Matrix Trilogy on HD-DVD. I apply the 10% off coupon first (works), then try the 20% off and it fails. Tried the Free Shipping code too, but that is still broken. The irony is when I go to checkout, the web page has an icon at the top mentioning free shipping on any order over $60... and I had $125 in my cart after the 10% off coupon.

Why does this always happen to me???

[quote name='merkman']I don't get it. So I go to order V for Vendetta, Troy, Last Samurai, and the Matrix Trilogy on HD-DVD. I apply the 10% off coupon first (works), then try the 20% off and it fails. Tried the Free Shipping code too, but that is still broken. The irony is when I go to checkout, the web page has an icon at the top mentioning free shipping on any order over $60... and I had $125 in my cart after the 10% off coupon.

Why does this always happen to me???[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't need a code if you have over 60 dollars in your cart.

[quote name='merkman']I don't get it. So I go to order V for Vendetta, Troy, Last Samurai, and the Matrix Trilogy on HD-DVD. I apply the 10% off coupon first (works), then try the 20% off and it fails. Tried the Free Shipping code too, but that is still broken. The irony is when I go to checkout, the web page has an icon at the top mentioning free shipping on any order over $60... and I had $125 in my cart after the 10% off coupon.

Why does this always happen to me???[/quote]

Try the 20% off coupon first, then the 10% one. That's how I got it to work on my order. Free shipping one didn't work for me, but it didn't matter since my total was over $60.

Hope that helps.

I too am able to get the 10% code to work, but the 20% code says "code already used" or something similar.

I did try using the 20% code first. Didn't work.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Not sure if this will give a new code or the same one that's been floating around but if you sign up for the WB Hi Def newsletter, they email you a 20% off coupon:

http://email-warnerbros.com/registration.jsp?source=hddvdS&title=hddvd[/QUOTE]

I did this and got a new code good for my First order and has to be used in the next 7 days. I went and tried to pre order the Matrix but it said the coupon was not eligible. I shot off an E-mail to see why I can't use it on that worse case I will find something to use it on.

Update

Can't Stack, I can use the 20% off or the 10% my choice but I can not stack the 2.

Well, when I try to use the WBNEWS coupon, it always comes up with "This coupon has already been redeemed.", even after I cleared my cache and cookied and started from scratch. And if the new 20% off doesn't work on pre-orders... well that sucks.

Anyone know how to cancel an order through that wb site? There's no option on their site, and they won't respond to my emails.

[quote name='lt_homer']Anyone know how to cancel an order through that wb site? There's no option on their site, and they won't respond to my emails.[/QUOTE]

milton.jpg

You could burn down the building...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back