HD DVD Discussion - Warner Bros exchange program introduced 4/22/09 (see first post)

KaneRobot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
[size=+1]***Warner Bros exchange program introduced for anyone interested in swapping some of their WB HD DVD discs for the Blu-Ray counterparts. It's not free, but you do get to keep the HD DVD disc. See the thread here.***[/size]

2n07olu.png

Reviews:
highdefdigest.com | dvdtalk.com | dvdtown.com

Release Dates | Picture/Audio Quality Rankings | Information on Importing

The time has come to bid our preferred format farewell. An unfortunate but obvious conclusion to the HD DVD vs. Blu-Ray battle is that one of them would have to get buried in the end. I was happy to see many dual-format owners say that they preferred HD DVD, and even now the format offers some features that Blu-Ray is still catching up with.

Although the manufacturing of new players has come to a close, Toshiba will continue to support and service current players for the next several years.

The original HD DVD thread can still be found here and does have some helpful information here and there and was quite useful during the format's life. However, as it approached the 4500 post mark, it's clear that this is as good a time as any to start fresh.

-------------

Here's a list of the top posters as well as everyone who had at least 10 posts in the old thread:

Sporadic 536
LinkinPrime 463
guyver2077 393
KaneRobot 327
thrustbucket 264
GizmoGC 151
rsigley 117
SteveMcQ 107
Sarang01 100
anomynous 94
Ruined 88
CocheseUGA 82
RedvsBlue 75
doubledown 75
ryanbph 69

Duo_Maxwell 62Deadpool 56terribledeli 54asianxcore 52mykevermin 49Richlough 46Bezerker 39propeller_head 37gunm 34captainfrizo 32dallow 31Ph8te 31DomLando 31geko29 28TheRock88 27Ice2Dragon 26Trakan 25rodeojones903 24cleaver 22bill123 22ashram 18Santurio 18tenzor 16jollydwarf 15Jedi1979 15halfbent 14dastly75 14velvet396 14pinoy530 13flybrione 13benjamouth 13chair_home 12staplerwow 12getmyrunon 12Transformah 11grendel19 11zman73 11porieux 11doctorfaustus 11Tha Xecutioner 11pimpinc333 10psychobrawler 10matowest 10nharmon91 10edison

[SIZE=+1]HD DVD
3/31/2006 - 2/19/2008
[/SIZE]​

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Corizzle']Chances are quite high that at the next free shipping promo they will be $2 higher, which counteracts the free shipping anyway[/quote]

Not just quite high, but their online support rep told me explicity. Shipping takes awhile with these guys, and shipping costs are bordering on the outrageous. You're best off waiting till the free shipping on orders over $50, and pay the extra couple $$$/movie.

[quote name='berzirk']Not just quite high, but their online support rep told me explicity. Shipping takes awhile with these guys, and shipping costs are bordering on the outrageous. You're best off waiting till the free shipping on orders over $50, and pay the extra couple $$$/movie.[/QUOTE]
Shipping is like 10 days average,so ....

With iNet, shipping costs seem high but you're still getting the movie for $2. Even after shipping, you're looking at roughly $4.xx per movie if you're just getting the $1.99 ones - not a bad deal at all. Like it was mentioned, when they run free shipping the cost of the movie goes up to $2.99 or $3.99 to offset it.

Still, for the selection they've got, you're likely not going to beat HD movies for under $5 shipped each.

I bought 300, Nacho Libre, Disturbia, and The Fountain.

Double post here but.... does anyone know where I can find a double disc HD-DVD case at? I tried Meritline and Sleeve City but neither have any in stock at the moment. Damn me finding "Alexander Revisited" for 75 cents at a garage sale.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'm making a group order for the German HD DVD version of Scorch's Negativity. Anyone in?[/quote]

Eh...I don't know. I heard the PQ stinks.

Not too sure if anyone noticed, but inetvideo currently has the ultimate matrix collection HD DVD for $22.22. I ordered one last night and they told me they would be sending me an order confirmation number soon, so they still have copies if anyone needs one.

[quote name='heartagram311']Not too sure if anyone noticed, but inetvideo currently has the ultimate matrix collection HD DVD for $22.22. I ordered one last night and they told me they would be sending me an order confirmation number soon, so they still have copies if anyone needs one.[/quote]

Whoa...

Seriously, though, you could order that, for, what...about $30 shipped? I don't remember off hand what iNet charges for boxsets. Anyway, you could then turn around and order the Blu-ray set from the Red2Blu program. All told, you would still spend less than you would for the BD set from Amazon, while still having the HD-DVD set. Nice.

[quote name='eliter1'] I have never watched Battlestar Galactica before, is it a good idea to get the first season in HD DVD since it's so cheap?[/quote]

Honestly I wasn't that impressed. I don't think it is a significant improvement over upscaled DVD.

Also, Kroger's had some preplayed HD-DVDs for $3.99-6.99 in the seasonal section.

Finally found some :hd: at Marshall's/TJ Maxx for $6.

Saw:

Talk to Me
Scorpion King
Smokin Aces
Eastern Promises
Elizabeth 2: Liz Harder
Dead Silence
Balls of Fury
Children of Men

I bought a baker's dozen :hd: in the past week.

I'm loving this LG BH200 I bought a few weeks back.

[quote name='manthing']Finally found some :hd: at Marshall's/TJ Maxx for $6.

Saw:

Talk to Me
Scorpion King
Smokin Aces
Eastern Promises
Elizabeth 2: Liz Harder
Dead Silence
Balls of Fury
Children of Men

I bought a baker's dozen :hd: in the past week.

I'm loving this LG BH200 I bought a few weeks back.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='manthing']

I'm loving this LG BH200 I bought a few weeks back.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could find one of those for a decent price.

Talk to me
was terrible, I want my $2 back Kroger.

Still waiting on my first set of r2b exchange's confirmation. :whistle2:[

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I wish I could find one of those for a decent price.[/QUOTE]

Funny story behind that. I was at a local Best Buy, and saw a $200 open box :br: player, the BH200, and googled the player to see if it was decent. When I saw it was the :hd:/:br: combo player, I couldn't give BB my $ fast enough.

Have tried Fry's? I didn't see it @ Chicago Fry's, but maybe you'll get lucky.
Talk to me was terrible, I want my $2 back Kroger.
I bought Easter Promises, Liz Harder, and Smoking Aces. Talk to me looked like an unfunny Ladies Man.

Still waiting on my first set of r2b exchange's confirmation. :whistle2:[
Me too. I know Casablanca is holding up my order. :whistle2:(

I just received Heroes season 1 and Army of Darkness HD-DVDs. I'm picking up some HD-DVDs, but a lot of the deals haven't been so good because of the shipping these places charge.

[quote name='erehwon']I just received Heroes season 1 and Army of Darkness HD-DVDs. I'm picking up some HD-DVDs, but a lot of the deals haven't been so good because of the shipping these places charge.[/QUOTE]

You're not shopping at the right places.

[quote name='munch']I got mine at Fry's, Hellbringer, but it was open box and the last one. Totally worth it for $160 :cool:[/QUOTE]
$200:hot: even worse $160:bomb: I would totally snag one for that, in a heartbeat.

to anyone that has done the redtoblu program, when you printed the shipping address they send with email conformation....was you address listed wrong and is it suppose to be?

[quote name='Bmac1775']to anyone that has done the redtoblu program, when you printed the shipping address they send with email conformation....was you address listed wrong and is it suppose to be?[/QUOTE]

My first order had my home address as the return address. My second order has the Howell address as the return address. It's normal.

probably not the right thread, but oh well.

Anyone have a Harry Potter Year One thing that's needed for the Red2Blu that they want to trade for? I have Batman Begins HD DVD and am willing to trade out the hd itself (with cover) for what is needed for the Potter blu set trade in.

Getting desperate here since no one on HDD wants to trade.

[quote name='manthing']You want to trade a Batman Begins cover for the HP boxset?

:whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Thinking the exact same thing. Here let me give you $5 for your item worth $80. You wonder why nobody at HDD wants to do the trade? You may want to at least add KY Warming to the listing so they're not getting abused quite as much.

no, for the cover that's needed for the set. Some people don't want to do the Blu exchange because they don't want to deal with getting a blu player, etc. I was one of those people until I made the swtich to purple thanks to winning some Blus on facebook. Some people don't want to doubledip on something they already have either (reason why I haven't done most of my WB HDs to Blu yet).

Am I the only one still getting these while their cheap and still availible? Amazon has Batman Begins in stock for $4.99, imo a great deal. Anybody else find some great deals recently? I have over 300 HD DVD's now and still buying more to play on my LG BH200.:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='scarface333']Am I the only one still getting these while their cheap and still availible? Amazon has Batman Begins in stock for $4.99, imo a great deal. Anybody else find some great deals recently? I have over 300 HD DVD's now and still buying more to play on my LG BH200.:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Nein, mein freund.

I just got an order of 13 :hd:s from Frys.com the other day for $58. They were primarily WB titles, ones that are HTF on the cheap, and some not on :br: just yet.

I also use Traderbora's :hd: titles when I need cheap filler on Amazon.

Finally, good to see another fellow BH200 owner. Have you updated to the newest firmware that enables BD-Live?

[quote name='manthing']Nein, mein freund.

I just got an order of 13 :hd:s from Frys.com the other day for $58. They were primarily WB titles, ones that are HTF on the cheap, and some not on :br: just yet.

I also use Traderbora's :hd: titles when I need cheap filler on Amazon.

Finally, good to see another fellow BH200 owner. Have you updated to the newest firmware that enables BD-Live?[/QUOTE]

I just downloaded the new firmware yesterday but when I tried it with Wall-e
iconbluraypng.png
it said BD live was not available in my area. I thought that was strange considering I live in L. A. !!! btw, I just recieved 8 hd dvd's from Fry's for $38.

wow i didn't know they had bd live on the BH200 now. isn't that why lg was giving away 75 bucks for bh200 owners?

[quote name='sendme']wow i didn't know they had bd live on the BH200 now. isn't that why lg was giving away 75 bucks for bh200 owners?[/QUOTE]

I think it was $50, but yeah the lack of BD-Live was the reason for the rebate.

Didn't affect me, as I bought mine 3 months ago from Best Buy.

Anyone have any opinions on the XA1? I saw an older CL ad for one, but I was thinking of pursuing it since the guy only wanted 120 OBO and it isn't like HD DVD is the hot shit anymore.

SUBJECT: INDIE ZOMBIE FILM set to resurrect HD DVD FORMAT

WETNWILDRADIO FILMS and ANTHEM PICTURES are proud to announce that the independent zombie horror film, DEADLANDS 2: TRAPPED, will be making its way to HD DVD.

This LIMITED COLLECTORS EDITION HD DVD will be made available in the HD DVD format in a very limited quantity on the films home video release date, October 27th 2009.

I'm down for 1! They are only pressing 500 discs and each comes numbered with a signed COA by the director.

I sent the email to them about that movie today. I hope I'm still able to get one but don't think I will. Also I read it was 250 were being made. As far as I know all you need to do is email them at the address below and put Deadlands 2: Trapped HD-DVD in the subject and let them know the number of copies you want. I just saw this posted on HDD.com

[email protected]

bread's done
Back