HD DVD Living Landscapes Collection 70% off

digitalbabe

CAGiversary!
Hi All,

As you saw my by signature, I am part of a 2500+ member hi-def & movie discussion group, in which I am a moderator. I am also a frequent poster and contributor to CAG, HDD, AVS, Blu-ray.com, and have 2 threads on Amazon for Upcoming Releases and BD price reductions.

For those members still rounding out their HD DVD collections, we have an exclusive purchasing opportunity available for this 9 piece Living Landscapes collection, that has been specially negotiated for our group. We do not profit on these perks-our list owner is huge movie collector and works to bring unique opportunities to our group of hi-def nuts:)

This set is a limited pressing, and includes 9 FULL LENGTH destination HD DVD's shot in hi-def. They sell at Amazon for $25/each, and you also receive a free bonus "Most Beautiful Places". If you're into atmospheric or environment hi-def content, this set is for you. The set that is on Amazon is the abbreviated version,and does not include the bonus.

We have 2500+ members, and have contests|reviews|resources| group buys, etc for all optical discs format, plus some great discussions on media, collecting, current events, etc. To join, just enter " DIGITAL BABE CAG", so we know you joined us from here, and you can see details on how to purchase. 2 purchasing options exist.visit http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/thebombshelter/

Come say hello!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello. How much is this 9 disc set going to cost? Also do these all have commentary like something you would watch on the travel channel? Thanks!

Hi Staind,

The set is $69 and includes free shipping to US customers and the bonus HD DVD. This is for the FULL LENGTH discs limied pressing, not the abbreviated versions (you can also purchase that set, which is basically a tour of 20 minutes at each location).

These are not narrated,they are set to music. Here is a description:

"The Living Landscapes HD® Collection is a series of High Definition programs designed to create sensory-immersive experiences of the world's most stunning natural environments.
This mesmerizing High Definition video brings your home theater or computer screen to life, transforming your living room into a Living Landscape. Naturally recorded surround-sound provides a true nature experience with relaxing music by Emmy Award winning composer
Gary Malkin and others."

Shipping is $15 for international customers at a flat fee.

Hi All,

OP here-sets still remain for this special promotion-while you sign up as a member of this great hi-def discussion group, take advantage of many other contests, links/resources for all things hi-def, coupon codes and more!

Enjoy!
Digitalbabe

Hello Scarface,

You can find more info here: http://hdenvironments.com/

Please note the reviews by Highdefdigest and others. All material is shot in hi-def, and only available at the 70% off price, via our hi-def group. Feel free to ask any other questions you have. All the best!

Freshzen,

Actually, the deal is not weird:) I post here regularly, and since only members of our group can take advantage of this particular deal, I thought I'd share details here.

The opportunity was negotiated with the director directly, exclusively for our group of 2500+ members-one of the largest hi-def groups on the net. As far as reviews, your free to decide for yourself, based on several sources. If you tend to like hi-def nature and travel content, the set will be of interest. If not, enjoy your collection of other movies!:)

All the best!

[quote name='scarface333']I checked and Amazon has 9 disc set for $45.[/QUOTE]

LOL,thats' pretty much what any HD-DVDs should be going for now...3-5 dollars each.
The fact that the "deal" is only for members of their group is even more laughable.

But you wont get "The set that is on Amazon is the abbreviated version,and does not include the bonus."

That bonus is worth the $30 extra easily!!!!!!??? no.

How can a person taking a HD camera out into the desert be considered a director?

Why should we have to join your newsgroup to get the deal? Sounds like a gimmick, besides is that even allowed (to come on here and tell people to join another forum)

[quote name='digitalbabe']Hi All,

As you saw my by signature, I am part of a 2500+ member hi-def & movie discussion group, in which I am a moderator. I am also a frequent poster and contributor to CAG, HDD, AVS, Blu-ray.com, and have 2 threads on Amazon for Upcoming Releases and BD price reductions.

For those members still rounding out their HD DVD collections, we have an exclusive purchasing opportunity available for this 9 piece Living Landscapes collection, that has been specially negotiated for our group. We do not profit on these perks-our list owner is huge movie collector and works to bring unique opportunities to our group of hi-def nuts:)

This set is a limited pressing, and includes 9 FULL LENGTH destination HD DVD's shot in hi-def. They sell at Amazon for $25/each, and you also receive a free bonus "Most Beautiful Places". If you're into atmospheric or environment hi-def content, this set is for you. The set that is on Amazon is the abbreviated version,and does not include the bonus.

We have 2500+ members, and have contests|reviews|resources| group buys, etc for all optical discs format, plus some great discussions on media, collecting, current events, etc. To join, just enter " DIGITAL BABE CAG", so we know you joined us from here, and you can see details on how to purchase. 2 purchasing options exist.visit http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/thebombshelter/

Come say hello![/QUOTE]

I smell fraud/scam.

HD-DVD is a dead format, anyone willing to pay your discounted" prices isn't thinking straight.

Scarface,

The set on Amazon is only excerpts-this is a limited pressing of the full length programs & a bonus disc.

[quote name='thehoweller']I smell fraud/scam.

HD-DVD is a dead format, anyone willing to pay your discounted" prices isn't thinking straight.[/QUOTE]

Hello,

I am a dual format owner myself (see my signature).

There is no fraud/scheme regarding this opportunity. The director of this seriesis simply clearing out the rest of these HD DVD sets, which are not sold on Amazon (this is the full length set), and offered a special pricing structure to our group, as there are many HD DVD collectors, who own imports, and limited pressings for SD's, BD's and other optical disc formats.

Our group also has 100's of BD owners, Steelbook collectors, etc, and promotions for both Blu-Ray and HD DVD from studios and publishers of media is not uncommon. Our group does not operate for profit, it's a movie discussion group, that actively seeks to provide opportunities to offer atypical opportunities not found elsewhere. Many of our members have collected optical media for 40 years or more, as is the case in other groups. Sorry, but there is no need for cynicism or accusation without basis. You are always free to investigate on your own or ask for more information.

We realize the HD DVD format is discontinued. However, as there are plenty of opportunities for HD DVD price reductions posted on this and many other forums, for those that choose to still round out their collections, I posted this at CAG. If you don't wish to take advantage because you're not interested, I wish you all the best.

Have a great day, CAG members!

XO-

Sorry to hear you have no interest in this opportunity, but unlike some, I respect your opinion.

There are posts on every forum, where you are asked to join some newsletter, to get a coupon, or % off, etc (Homedepot and others do this). Our group is another group, like any other hi-def forum, that has exclusive deals for their members. The company that releases these in HD DVD and Blu-Ray only works with retailers and individual groups, to provide special offers. The last HD DVD sets were offered to our group, as there are many hi-def collectors that choose to buy both Blu-Ray and HD DVD discs, limited releases, etc, there.

Like any company, they want a targeted audience, and our list owner (not me), contacted them (as well as other publishers for rare HD DVD and BD discs), to provide the opportunity to the group.

There are many people that disguise their affiliate links on forums, and otherwise attack members and act obnoxious, or violate rules in other ways. There are also many here who recruit to points and free stuff forums, by adding links to their own sign up page. Based on some people's alterior motives in posting for persnal gain, I gain nothing from this, whatsoever, except to make hi-def collectors aware of yet another group/forum, where they can discuss movies, reviews & take advantage of deals negotiated for the group. One of which-happened to be this HD DVD set, not available anywhere else.

This post was made at CAG, as it is a HD DVD & Blu-Ray deal thread. If CAG decides that there are no HD DVD collectors left in this forum, who'd like to review the opportunity to purchase a set or they decide to delete the thread, that's fine with me.

Thanks to everyone who has sent private messages regarding the set. Feel free to continue to ask meaningful questions, which will be promptly answered!

Have a great day!

bread's done
Back