HD-DVD Planet Earth $29.99 @ Discover Store

There's already a thread on this and this has been known for quite a while now.

And for the "shitty" American version, it isn't bad. The six or so minutes from each episode don't make or break the series and there's nothing wrong with Sigourney Weaver's narration. It's different from Attenborough's direction, but still excellent, I think. The American version also has some other features that give you some insight into the background of the project and it's rather interesting, too. It just seems to be the popular thing to dislike the American version, sure it's a little shorter and the quality might be a bit lower in some of the shots, but that doesn't detract from the experience as much as you'd think.

I got the American Version and its fine, I got the bbc version through netflix when I first bought my player, when I can buy the bbc version for 24.99(what I paid for the american version) I'll gladly pick it up.

[quote name='Kilger']I got the American Version and its fine, I got the bbc version through netflix when I first bought my player, when I can buy the bbc version for 24.99(what I paid for the american version) I'll gladly pick it up.[/quote]
i was lucky enough to get the bbc version at my local BB before they shipped them off...they price matched from my receipt from discovery.com. so i own and have watched both versions on my a-35 on a 46" 1080p lcd, and there is a good difference in video quality... i dont really care who narrates it, they both did a good job, but when it comes to hd, its all about the best pic,and i would have to gve that edge to the bbc version. and when i got the bbc version for the same price as the us version, i cant complain...

bread's done
Back