HD Loader vs HDadvance

Skitzle

CAGiversary!
what is the Actual differece between these two things?

(aside from the HDLoader isn't made anymore cause its illegal says sony)

[quote name='killermike3706']I've just heard that the HDAdvance is the direct rip off of HDloader.[/quote]

Yup, just has a different interface.

[quote name='Skitzle']
(aside from the HDLoader isn't made anymore cause its illegal says sony)[/quote]

I hadn't heard about that. I ordered a copy from consolesource.com about a month ago and got and it worked fine. However, I just sold it for a considerable profit and ordered another copy from consolesource.com. It's already been shipped, but do you think I have anything to worry about?

Man I really gotta get this eventually. Here's a question: Why did Sony make their OWN HDD peripheral if you can just use any old HDD?

Any HDD works with the HDLoader, but I think only the Sony HDD works with PS2 games that support the HDD (FFXI, SOCOM 2, RE:O, etc.).

[quote name='Ivanhoe']HD advance is the same thing as hdloader

However HD advance allows for using Bigger size harddrives.[/quote]

I've heard that the HDAdvance has more incompatabilities though...

ya know, copying games to your hard drive was one of the things Sony said we could do with our hard drives. It was like Sony forgot what it said, then someone came through and did it. I think the HD Loader is great.

[quote name='LeRoy']HDadvance doesn't work with the new PS2s does it?[/quote]

No, since you need an internal HDD for it, there's a thread about a USBLoader being worked on which will let you use a USB HDD with the new PS2. Not sure how good it will work though.

bread's done
Back