HD version of 300 only $10 on Xbox Zune Marketplace

cool8man

CAGiversary!
Seems like the deal was too good to be true. They've now retroactively changed it to an SD version.

Seems like Warner Bros. is testing the waters and is offering 300 in HD for only $10 on the new Zune video marketplace. This is the first movie that WB is making available for purchase on Xbox 360/Zune.

http://social.zune.net/movies/300/0ea9b6da-5b37-4364-91f3-ad9bd0155aa9

When you purchase a movie on Zune marketplace (either through Xbox or PC) you can watch it on both PC & Xbox as well as on a Zune.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the game play like on this one?

Yea, I couldn't resist. Anyway, goes in the movie deals forum.

I dunno..To be honest that seems a little expensive for a digital download...

Thats the same price as the DVD on amazon, and for a bit more you could get the blu-ray...

anyone know how the movie party thing works? like do you have to buy movies to watch them with your party? or can I just rent them? or then does each person have to rent it?

I only have a 20 gig HDD, so dd movies and full games aren't very practical for me. But I updated my X360 last night to check this out. IMO, 1200 pts for a SD download is too pricey and 800 pts is more realistic. But for a movie like 300 where every Blockbuster has mutliple used copies for dirt cheap, even 800 pts is too much. Once again the combination of greedy media companies and MS's outragious HDD pricing do their best to make dd unattractive. :cry:

I will say this about the service. I watched some previews and the service was almost instant with excellent video quality. :applause:

Once again MS shoots themselves in the foot with their crappy HD sizes from day one and still to this day. But the HD-DVD of this was very very cheap so it makes $10 look pretty bad for a digital version.

10$ for a digital download for a movie is an awful price. seriously. you can easily get the bluray (not the book version) for about 15 bucks new, or even cheaper used. hell, the hddvd copy is like a few dollars.

plus has anyone yet NOT seen this movie a bunch of times? for some unkown reason i have it in like every format...

[quote name='mogamer']I only have a 20 gig HDD, so dd movies and full games aren't very practical for me. But I updated my X360 last night to check this out. IMO, 1200 pts for a SD download is too pricey and 800 pts is more realistic. But for a movie like 300 where every Blockbuster has mutliple used copies for dirt cheap, even 800 pts is too much. Once again the combination of greedy media companies and MS's outragious HDD pricing do their best to make dd unattractive. :cry:

I will say this about the service. I watched some previews and the service was almost instant with excellent video quality. :applause:[/QUOTE]

You don't need to download the movies to your hard drive anymore. The Zune video service offers the option of both streaming like Netflix and downloading like iTunes. You can watch movies and tv shows even if you don't have a hard drive.

Right now the standard price for HD digital downloads is $20. SD movies are $10-$15 depending on how old they are.

That's very expensive.

You can get the dvd for that price and make your own portable version of it.

Yea, like most have said, 300 can be picked up pretty cheaply. I got it shipped to me (used) from another web site forum for $10 for blu.

Microsoft fiddles with the prices. Currently you can get Watchmen in HD for SD price. It's even advertised on the 360 dash.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Microsoft fiddles with the prices. Currently you can get Watchmen in HD for SD price. It's even advertised on the 360 dash.[/QUOTE]

That is a rental though and costs 360 points which in funny Microsoft math is like $4.50
I just don't see the value in a 48 hour rental to cost that much.

bread's done
Back