HDCP only important if I plan on using HD DVD?

gojitassj9

CAG Veteran
I plan on using a DVI to HDMI connection to my LCD monitor which does not support HDCP. Since I'm not getting the HD DVD add on, the issue of not having HDCP will not effect me?

On further note, has anyone compared VGA to HDMI/DVI converter quality on the 360? From what I've read, VGA has worse colors but supports all resolutions.

If you can do VGA, just do VGA.

It doesn't need HDCP and the colors don't look bad at all as long as you turn on the enhance blacks feature.

[quote name='gojitassj9']oh ok thanks!! I almost bought a DVI/HDMI cable too :)[/QUOTE]

No problem, just make sure you grab a first-party (Microsoft) VGA cable.

The monster cable is also microsoft certified. If you can find it in stock at a radioshack thier only $30 as opposed to $60. They discontinued it in store so if they have it you can get it cheap.

[quote name='jonnyredbeard']The monster cable is also microsoft certified. If you can find it in stock at a radioshack thier only $30 as opposed to $60. They discontinued it in store so if they have it you can get it cheap.[/QUOTE]

The official MS ones are only $33 at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-VGA-HD-Cable/dp/B000B6MLTG/

You could keep it even cheaper too if you don't mind used ones and can find it at EBgames/Gamestop (I think $15)

bread's done
Back