HDMI cable for 4 bucks at Amazon free shipping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='onapartyrock']If it is behind the TV, nobody will think less of you. :)[/quote]

LOL, they actually don't look too bad. :cool:

Just purchased 10 HDMI cables for 0.78 cents a piece, with shipping it totalled out to only 15.60 for all 10! That's a quarter of what you would normally pay for one in the store. BONG!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Moffman82']Just purchased 10 HDMI cables for 0.78 cents a piece, with shipping it totalled out to only 15.60 for all 10! That's a quarter of what you would normally pay for one in the store. BONG!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Woah, good thing you just posted this. I checked again for the new price, and ended up cancelling my first order of 2 cables for $8.50 and instead getting 4 for $8.04 instead. Sweet.

[quote name='joe lee']Just bought a 360 Arcade...So HDMI cable from xbox to TV is a must? Will I see a big difference between this and the standard component cables that it came with? Thanks[/quote]

Not much of a difference but since it's less than $5 you might as well switch to digital (no loss at all).

[quote name='the_deej']so how much better is hdmi on a ps3 compared to just plain a/v cables?[/QUOTE]

It's like the difference between VHS and Blu-Ray. It's a LOT better. And at $0.78 each you can't lose. I was able to purchase 2 of them from CE for $5.52 shipped. Awesome!

[quote name='the_deej']so is the link for the hdmi cable in the op, not 1080p compatible or something?[/quote]
No that summary is written very poorly. There was a thread on here where people mentioned the benefits of HDMI 1.3 but I can't find it anymore. If you google benefits of HDMI 1.3 I think that will tell you, here is one: http://www.hdmi.org/press/pr/pr_20060622.aspx
The HDMI 1.3 specification more than doubles HDMI’s bandwidth and adds support for Deep Color™ technology, a broader color space, new digital audio formats, automatic audio/video synching capability (“lip sync”), and an optional smaller connector for use with personal photo and video devices. The update reflects the determination of the HDMI founders to ensure HDMI continues evolving ahead of future consumer demands.

[quote name='J7.']No that summary is written very poorly. There was a thread on here where people mentioned the benefits of HDMI 1.3 but I can't find it anymore. If you google benefits of HDMI 1.3 I think that will tell you, here is one: http://www.hdmi.org/press/pr/pr_20060622.aspx
The HDMI 1.3 specification more than doubles HDMI’s bandwidth and adds support for Deep Color™ technology, a broader color space, new digital audio formats, automatic audio/video synching capability (“lip sync”), and an optional smaller connector for use with personal photo and video devices. The update reflects the determination of the HDMI founders to ensure HDMI continues evolving ahead of future consumer demands.[/quote]

The $4.25 cables from Abacus ($1.30 + $2.95) state the following in their listing:

Comments: New | Gold-Plated | HDMI 1.3 Compatible | Only $2.95 Shipping | Same Day Shipping | 97% Positive Feedback Seller!

So there we go. 1.3, just as good as rip off Monster...for about 5% of the price :)

I've bought HDMI from monoprice and had one fail (after a few uses) probably because I connected/reconnected multiple times. The other 15 or so that my friends and I bought are A.O.K.

monoprice did get back with me and said that I'd have to ship it back to them for replacement (wahhhh), I guess I'll do it or just drive there since I'm in the San Gabriel Valley; they are in Rancho Cucamonga which is a 25 mile drive. Some day I might just drive out there next time I order some more stuff to make it worth it, and return/exchange it.

[quote name='Rave Child']Woah, good thing you just posted this. I checked again for the new price, and ended up cancelling my first order of 2 cables for $8.50 and instead getting 4 for $8.04 instead. Sweet.[/QUOTE]

Which seller did you buy it from?

I bought mine from CE Compass for $0.78 each, but they just raised the price to $1.29 each. They also have the 1.3 HDMI for $3.06 each. If you are thinking of buying more than 1 HDMI cable in your order, you should buy it from them. I ordered 2 reg HDMI cables ($0.78 each) and 2 of the 1.3 HDMI cables ($3.06) each and all they charged was $4.20 shipping for the order. Pretty decent deal

I dont know why everyone is thinking this is some new great deal. Or some new great place other then monoprice to get HDMI cables. I have posted about amazon selling them for as low as 6 cents in the past. I have paid 2 or 3 times what the cable cost in shipping and the shiping was only at most 4 maybe 5 bucks. I have bought 2 or 3 HDMI cables from a seller on amazon and 1 or 2 digital optical cables from one on amazon. Never have I paid more then 2 or 3 bucks before shiping on one. Only bad thing is the ones that were less then 2 bucks were only 3 feet and I had just enough room. When I was looking for a 6ft cable I looked on monoprice and then went to amazon and found amazon had them for less at the time.

I have had similar experiences to others. A friend of mine kept insisting there was no point to my new HD TV if I didnt have a HDMI cable, so I went to walmart and saw the damn things for $50-$100 and about died laughing. No fucking way I am paying $50+ for a cable just to make my TV look a bit better. So I got home and checked good ole reliable ebay. What do you know found the courds by the bucketful for as cheap as $5 shipped. I picked up an extremely cheap one and again what do you know it looked just as good as my friends expensive wire.

However I can attest to the same down sides. If you unplug/replug them a lot the cheap wires can get used up pretty fast. My first wire I bought lasted like 3/4 months and my second one I bought to replace it just a few weeks. So the picture quality may be the same but you dont know how long the actual usage of the product will last.

Anyways I bought 3 or 4 of these wires a few days before this was posted. Should be getting here any day now.

[quote name='addicted2games']I wonder why plugging and unplugging the cheap ones can wear it out. Bad quality at where the connector meets the wire?[/QUOTE]

I think it might be because it stops fitting into the HDMI slot properly. The first cable I got could hardly even fit into my HDMI slot, I practically had to jam it in. Over time it came to fit in properly then it was loose. The second one I got was loose from day 1 and over the month or so I had it I had to get up once or twice and push it in because it had become loose enough that the screen went blank.

Note to people worried about this, I did not buy from this retailer or amazon even. My wires were bought from a guy on ebay so these could be of a higher quality. Even with these problems I am happier with these wires then the $75 one!

[quote name='Reverenddave']Which seller did you buy it from?[/quote]

[quote name='ps3freak']I bought mine from CE Compass for $0.78 each, but they just raised the price to $1.29 each. They also have the 1.3 HDMI for $3.06 each. If you are thinking of buying more than 1 HDMI cable in your order, you should buy it from them. I ordered 2 reg HDMI cables ($0.78 each) and 2 of the 1.3 HDMI cables ($3.06) each and all they charged was $4.20 shipping for the order. Pretty decent deal[/quote]

I also ordered from CE Compass, but the price seems to have gone up from $0.78 per cable. It's probably still better for multiples, since shipping barely increased. Although, I don't really know anything about cable quality to compare it to the Abacus cables.

[quote name='XTommyDonX']Very nice. I bought enough at MonoPrice already though. Mine were on sale for $2 each rather than the normal $4 because they were... purple...[/quote]

Purple huh? I have an orange one that doesn't match anything in my bedroom but I think it looks nice. Go monoprice! :D

[quote name='XTommyDonX']Very nice. I bought enough at MonoPrice already though. Mine were on sale for $2 each rather than the normal $4 because they were... purple...[/quote]

Ha! Same here, I got my HDMI cable from monoprice for like $3 total because it was purple. It never ceases to amaze me how some people care so much about color coordinating connections. It's unreal. Are they not hidden or at least partially obscured when plugged into the BACK of most televisions and consoles?

[quote name='ZenTrickster']Ha! Same here, I got my HDMI cable from monoprice for like $3 total because it was purple. It never ceases to amaze me how some people care so much about color coordinating connections. It's unreal. Are they not hidden or at least partially obscured when plugged into the BACK of most televisions and consoles?[/quote]

Just because the color of the cord isn't visible at all times doesn't mean that it can't be seen at all. I would rather shell a couple dollars to get a cord that actually has continuity than to have tacky colors.

This is great! I just bought a 360 as well, and need the extra component space for my Wii. Thanks OP!

[quote name='MSI Magus']...

However I can attest to the same down sides. If you unplug/replug them a lot the cheap wires can get used up pretty fast. My first wire I bought lasted like 3/4 months and my second one I bought to replace it just a few weeks. So the picture quality may be the same but you dont know how long the actual usage of the product will last.

...[/QUOTE]

I was just wondering why you would unplug/replug them in a lot? I have not unplug/repluged mine other then to clean and I think once to move some stuff around.

mines are getting shipped atm
icon_smile.gif

[quote name='mrmike']I just got a PS3 and I am a noob (please forgive me). Would this cable be good for a 720P tv?[/quote]

As long as you have an open HDMI input, absolutely :)

Did anyone else have any trouble with getting their HDMI orders fufilled? I purchased 10 HDMI cables for 0.78 cents a piece yesterday only to have the order cancelled by the seller, CE COMPASS a half hour later. Went back on and the price was upped to 1.28 a cable for the same one, it wasn't as if they ran out of stock, the same cable was posted for more money. So I called Amazon and they said they couldn't do anything. So I reordered and ate the higher fee from CE COMPASS. This morning I wake up and woah and behold my order is, you guessed it, cancelled again. Has anyone else had any trouble with them, or have any suggestions on what I can do? Thanks in advance!

[quote name='sendme']I was just wondering why you would unplug/replug them in a lot? I have not unplug/repluged mine other then to clean and I think once to move some stuff around.[/quote]
I have 20gb PS3 and sometimes I get no sound when I boot up a PS2 game.Quick fix unplug and replug the HDMI cable.I dont have that problem anymore since I switched to component.Colors are vibrant with component.With hdmi colors look bland and faded.I dont know must be my tv.
You could never have enought HDMI cables in for one.Also,I have a blue hdmi cable I got from monoprice.:cool:

[quote name='Moffman82']Did anyone else have any trouble with getting their HDMI orders fufilled? I purchased 10 HDMI cables for 0.78 cents a piece yesterday only to have the order cancelled by the seller, CE COMPASS a half hour later. Went back on and the price was upped to 1.28 a cable for the same one, it wasn't as if they ran out of stock, the same cable was posted for more money. So I called Amazon and they said they couldn't do anything. So I reordered and ate the higher fee from CE COMPASS. This morning I wake up and woah and behold my order is, you guessed it, cancelled again. Has anyone else had any trouble with them, or have any suggestions on what I can do? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

My order went through. Its been shipped and I have the tracking number as well. I bought from CE Compass and no problem here

This looks like a good price. Personally I would rather get the monoprice cable for a little more though as they come with ferrite cores and I've had experience with them in the past. Here is a comparable one at monoprice.

For people asking about differences in hdmi to component, I found this article to be interesting.
Regarding previous post about cables being hdmi 1.3 compatible -I would guess from that wording that they are not 1.3, but my understanding of it is that most people don't even need that yet.
(from monoprice knowledge base)
Question: Will HDMI 1.3a cables work with my non-1.3 devices? Will non-1.3 cables work with my 1.3 devices? Answer: Yes, all versions of HDMI are backward and forward compatible. They will all work but non-1.3 cables will not support extended bandwidth features of 1.3 devices like "Deep Color."

[quote name='Moffman82']Did anyone else have any trouble with getting their HDMI orders fufilled? I purchased 10 HDMI cables for 0.78 cents a piece yesterday only to have the order cancelled by the seller, CE COMPASS a half hour later. Went back on and the price was upped to 1.28 a cable for the same one, it wasn't as if they ran out of stock, the same cable was posted for more money. So I called Amazon and they said they couldn't do anything. So I reordered and ate the higher fee from CE COMPASS. This morning I wake up and woah and behold my order is, you guessed it, cancelled again. Has anyone else had any trouble with them, or have any suggestions on what I can do? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

They cancelled my order too but I did not place another order with them.

Eforcity was recommended by a couple of CAG in this thread so I went to Ebay to see if they sell there. I found their least expensive 6ft hdmi 1.3a cable with free shipping and used Live cashback I saved $0.98.:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-6-ft-Premiu...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:15|39:1|240:1308

[quote name='Moffman82']Did anyone else have any trouble with getting their HDMI orders fufilled? I purchased 10 HDMI cables for 0.78 cents a piece yesterday only to have the order cancelled by the seller, CE COMPASS a half hour later. Went back on and the price was upped to 1.28 a cable for the same one, it wasn't as if they ran out of stock, the same cable was posted for more money. So I called Amazon and they said they couldn't do anything. So I reordered and ate the higher fee from CE COMPASS. This morning I wake up and woah and behold my order is, you guessed it, cancelled again. Has anyone else had any trouble with them, or have any suggestions on what I can do? Thanks in advance![/quote]

Hmm, that's weird. My order already shipped yesterday. It processed really quickly after I ordered it, too.

Not a bad deal, however, I still go with Monoprice, as the 5 or 6 cables I have got from them all work, and still work fine.

And all those brainwashed, Monster cable users out there ... educate yourself and stop being so damn gullible. If you are posting on this site and just go out and buy an HDMI cable for $100 on a whim without checking it out? That doesn't make sense.

You can spew off what you like about "Monster cables being the best", but really there is no difference. My $5 HDMI cable works perfectly well, and to think I got cables for my PS3, Cable Box, Wii and a few USB cables all for 1/3 of the price of one Monster cable ... and they all work perfectly.

Lol, come on now. Monster is a total scam.

Question:

I am currently using a VGA cable and the digital audio port. How does one go about keeping the use of the digital audio cable along with the hdmi cable? I would like to use the hdmi cable from the 360 to the TV for video and the digital audio cable from the 360 to my stereo receiver.

Are there settings to make this happen?

Thx.

[quote name='kevzik']Question:

I am currently using a VGA cable and the digital audio port. How does one go about keeping the use of the digital audio cable along with the hdmi cable? I would like to use the hdmi cable from the 360 to the TV for video and the digital audio cable from the 360 to my stereo receiver.

Are there settings to make this happen?

Thx.[/quote]

You have to break off the bottom plastic part of your vga cable and just leave it hanging there to use the digital audio output and then use the hdmi as video to your tv. Unless you buy an expensive dongle that ms offers which is included with the elite system only. I have attached a link to an animated .gif image that shows exactly how to do this. Once you do this step both the hdmi cable and your original vga cable (or component for that matter) will fit. Remember just don't plug the vga cable into anything, it's only being used to send out optical audio.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1326/1473305444_e9a000bf7e_o.gif

Very close to purchasing the cable (linked below) but all I want to know is it the better value for gaming/movie watching vs. the one from the op? Also, having an abundance of positive feedback for this cable would help too.

Thanks in advance (from an hdtv owning hopeful).

[quote name='J7.']You guys should buy an HDMI 1.3a cable since it's the newest version and is the most compatible with new features, including PS3. I just ordered this one: http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Cable-6F...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1228287059&sr=1-3[/quote]

Hey guys,

quick question. I just bought a 360 several days ago and am currently waiting for it to be delivered. I also bought one of these cables last night without thinking to much about it. Are these cables safe to use with the 360 even though they are not 1.3a and HDMI certified? Also am I going to be force to break open the casing on my component cables to use these cables? I hope these are not silly questions. Normally I would just experiment, but as both items are tied up in the mail system I can't. Thanks in advance for any help.

[quote name='Foo228']Very close to purchasing the cable (linked below) but all I want to know is it the better value for gaming/movie watching vs. the one from the op? Also, having an abundance of positive feedback for this cable would help too.

Thanks in advance (from an hdtv owning hopeful).[/quote]

Depends on whether you want a cable that is more compatible with future features or spend about a $1 less on the one that is not 1.3a. Here is info on what 1.3a does for you:
http://www.hdmi.org/press/pr/pr_20060622.aspx
The HDMI 1.3 specification more than doubles HDMI’s bandwidth and adds support for Deep Color™ technology, a broader color space, new digital audio formats, automatic audio/video synching capability (“lip sync”), and an optional smaller connector for use with personal photo and video devices. The update reflects the determination of the HDMI founders to ensure HDMI continues evolving ahead of future consumer demands.

[quote name='bmoregeniusinc']MONSTER RULES Especially When you get it for free like I did.[/quote]

I have no problem with monster because I also got mine for free(I know people), but that doesnt mean its any better than the cheapo ones

[quote name='vwbeetlvr']You have to break off the bottom plastic part of your vga cable and just leave it hanging there to use the digital audio output and then use the hdmi as video to your tv. Unless you buy an expensive dongle that ms offers which is included with the elite system only. I have attached a link to an animated .gif image that shows exactly how to do this. Once you do this step both the hdmi cable and your original vga cable (or component for that matter) will fit. Remember just don't plug the vga cable into anything, it's only being used to send out optical audio.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1326/1473305444_e9a000bf7e_o.gif[/quote]

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back