HDMI cable for 4 bucks at Amazon free shipping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
any that already uses a HDMI with their 360:

Does the sound cut out once in a while when you are playing games?
or while streaming video from your PC to the Xbox?

I can switch the channel back and forth to get the sound back, it doesnt happen often only once in a while
I also seen it happen on my buddy's TV as well, I tried different HDMI cables with same result

[quote name='addicted2games']Fiber optical audio cable - toslink[/quote]

yep i agree!
icon_smile.gif

[quote name='addicted2games']Fiber optical audio cable - toslink[/quote]
Is that available for 360 or PS3?

[quote name='greyzieoriental']any that already uses a HDMI with their 360:

Does the sound cut out once in a while when you are playing games?
or while streaming video from your PC to the Xbox?

I can switch the channel back and forth to get the sound back, it doesnt happen often only once in a while
I also seen it happen on my buddy's TV as well, I tried different HDMI cables with same result[/quote]

That happened to me once... Once in about 200 hours of game play.

Hey guys,

quick question. I just bought a 360 several days ago and am currently waiting for it to be delivered. I also bought one of these cables last night without thinking to much about it. Are these cables safe to use with the 360 even though they are not 1.3a and HDMI certified? Also am I going to be force to break open the casing on my component cables to use these cables? I hope these are not silly questions. Normally I would just experiment, but as both items are tied up in the mail system I can't. Thanks in advance for any help.

[quote name='J7.']Depends on whether you want a cable that is more compatible with future features or spend about a $1 less on the one that is not 1.3a. Here is info on what 1.3a does for you:
http://www.hdmi.org/press/pr/pr_20060622.aspx
The HDMI 1.3 specification more than doubles HDMI’s bandwidth and adds support for Deep Color™ technology, a broader color space, new digital audio formats, automatic audio/video synching capability (“lip sync”), and an optional smaller connector for use with personal photo and video devices. The update reflects the determination of the HDMI founders to ensure HDMI continues evolving ahead of future consumer demands.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clear cut secision, J7, I ordered one.

[quote name='PhrostByte']That happened to me once... Once in about 200 hours of game play.[/QUOTE]

That happens with my HD cable box I have running through HDMI. It hasn't happened with my PS3 or 360 yet.

[quote name='Busyman']Wow, at monoprice I can get 15 ft for the same price.

/thread[/quote]
If someone is already ordering something from Amazon, they're better off ordering their HDMI cable from Amazon too.

[quote name='Fakinmail123']Hey guys,

quick question. I just bought a 360 several days ago and am currently waiting for it to be delivered. I also bought one of these cables last night without thinking to much about it. Are these cables safe to use with the 360 even though they are not 1.3a and HDMI certified? Also am I going to be force to break open the casing on my component cables to use these cables? I hope these are not silly questions. Normally I would just experiment, but as both items are tied up in the mail system I can't. Thanks in advance for any help.[/quote]
They are safe to use even if they are not 1.3a, I don't know what HDMI certified has to do with being safe for 360 though. I don't think you need to break the casing on your component cables unless you plan on using optical audio through them, but that's just my best guess.

[quote name='Busyman']Wow, at monoprice I can get 15 ft for the same price.

/thread[/quote]

Buy from monoprice, you will not be sorry. The quality of what they sell is great and the service is top notch.

can someone help me out. http://www.buy.com/prod/monster-113...000-hdmi-video-cable/q/loc/101/209018650.html is that a good hdmi cable ?? i got a 10 dollar coupon so it should be 25 instead. i dont want to get a 5 dollar one since i heard some people had recieved faulty ones before. and 25 is a fairly decent price. just wanna what u people think of the quality of this cable. also if u can tell me if it is whatever that category 2 version 1.3a stuff. i dont understand it but i just know its the newest and best version of the cable but i dont know if this cable is it because it doesnt have any kind of description.

[quote name='Magic24']can someone help me out. http://www.buy.com/prod/monster-113...000-hdmi-video-cable/q/loc/101/209018650.html is that a good hdmi cable ?? i got a 10 dollar coupon so it should be 25 instead. i dont want to get a 5 dollar one since i heard some people had recieved faulty ones before. and 25 is a fairly decent price. just wanna what u people think of the quality of this cable. also if u can tell me if it is whatever that category 2 version 1.3a stuff. i dont understand it but i just know its the newest and best version of the cable but i dont know if this cable is it because it doesnt have any kind of description.[/quote]

That's WAY too much for a 4 foot HDMI cable. Trust, I don't what you've "heard" about people getting faulty cheap ones, but they're just as good as that Monster one you're looking at for a fraction of the price. I've been using $5 ones I bought from monoprice for several years now with NO problems.

You're throwing money away paying that much for one.

[quote name='Smallville123']Unfortunately they still fool people into buying there 100 dollar cables.[/quote]

About a month before Circuit City announced the closings, I was behind a guy at the register who has just paid including tax $205 for a Monster 20ft HDMI cable. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was going to say something to the guy but figured it was best to mind my business!

its not like its the 100 dollar cables. of course i wouldnt even consider it if the price was that much. anyway what do u think of it besides the price ??

[quote name='Magic24']its not like its the 100 dollar cables. anyway what do u think of it besides the price ??[/quote]

I think it's no better than the much cheaper alternatives. An HDMI cable is an HDMI cable, your picture will look the same whether you buy that one or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back