HDMI Cable

MasterOGA

CAGiversary!
I bought a HDMI Cable for $0.13 with $2.98 shipping from Amazon (HDMI 6 foot cable HQ 1080P 1.3b, and it shipped from Eforcity.) like a week ago, and it still isn't here. I ordered my monitor on the same day, and I got it a while ago. The link they gave me for tracking the shipping doesn't work, does anyone know if this place actually ships the cables?!?

Anyways, I think I'm gonna order one from monoprice.com, but I want to know a bit more about cables since they have soooo many to chose from. The link is http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240 and I'm looking at these two kinds:
28AWG HDMI 1.3a Male to Male Cables
28AWG HDMI 1.3a Category 2 Certified Male to Male Cables.

So can someone explain the difference between them? The Category 2 are slightly more expensive, so are they better?

Just get the Category 2 it works on all hdmi enabled equipments; basically (I think, I'm not sure) that regular HDMI cable has only been certified to transfer 1080i quality images effectively while Cat 2 has been certified for 1080p (please correct me if I'm wrong). I believe Cat 2 should work will all HDMI enabled devices.

bread's done
Back