HDMI Question

MrDubbs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
Alright, I know to buy cables at monoprice, but have some questions.

If I don't have it already, will HDMI 1.3 make any difference over what I have? Which I think is 1.2A

and how can I tell what cable version I have? I ordered from Monoprice, but it's been awhile, I think before 1.3 was out? iunno

anyway the cable says E119932 AWM Style 20276 80 C 30 V, is there anyway to tell from that, what HDMI Cable I have?

I happen to have 2 cables laying on my desk right now. I ordered some stuff for a guy at work and grabbed a few extra to have around since he was covering shipping.

Mine have all you said and then after the 30V it says: VW-1 hdmi 1.3 cable copartner

This is the cable PN 3948: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10240&cs_id=1024007&p_id=3948&seq=1&format=2

Probably you have whatever since it says 1.3 right on it. Going to a new 1.3 is probably not going to be much of an upgrade if any at all.

Well, I just managed to look up my old monoprice account ( I guess) didn't realize I had two, but just happened to try an old email addy.

The cables that I bought don't appear to still be there at monoprice, but it gives this description

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] HDMI Cable male to male 28AWG - 3ft w/Ferrite Cores (Gold Plated)

if I put that into google, the specs show it to be 1.2A on different sites, so I don't know if it would be an upgrade over that?

My cable doesn't give the version of it
[/FONT][/FONT]

360 is a HDMI 1.2A device, so any cable that does 1.2A, 1.3, 1.3A or 1.3B will be fine.

PS3 is a HDMI 1.3 device, so any cable that does 1.3 or better will work OK.

Beyond that, you'd have to say what the device is to know what HDMI spec it is.

BR players would be 1.3 or better for their HDMI class. A DVR of some kind would probably be 1.2 or lower for HDMI spec. A receiver, unless it's doing 1080p upconversion, would be 1.2 or lower. If doing 1080p upconversion, it might be 1.3.

No upgrade necessary. The spec is just a certification. The cables themselves generally haven't changed at all through the various revisions, just the testing done on them. 1.2 cables (and lower) will probably work just fine with 1.3 (and higher) devices.

[quote name='MrDubbs']I'd be using them for a PS3, Motorola DCH 3416 DVR, and perhaps a Sharp BDHP21U Blu Ray Player that came w/the tv[/quote]

You'll be fine with what you have.

[quote name='MrDubbs']wow, anyone had experience or perhaps you have buying from that site? 2 for 6.99 is pretty good price[/quote]

I just bought that because Mono was OOS. Works great with my cable box.

[quote name='1969iggy']The 1.3 cables work better with a 120 Hz TV. for a regular 1080p i think the 1.2s are fine.[/quote]
120Hz and the processing associated with it is all internal to the television, so the type of cable you use makes no difference.

[quote name='Allnatural']120Hz and the processing associated with it is all internal to the television, so the type of cable you use makes no difference.[/QUOTE]

there is so much BS in audio video its ridiculous. i hear there are actually cables that are being pushed as required when using a 120hz lcd, completely illogical.

Go with the 1.3 that way you'll have the most recent version, because as more products come out they'll probobly use the newer ones.

bread's done
Back