Headphones

HuBu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
EC.JVC.HAFX33B.JPG

I know a lot of people recommend using the MX500 due to price and quality. We'll seeing how the price for the MX500 is in the $20 on Amazon.com right now. You can get the JVC Marshmallow which is on sale @ CC for only $9.99 right now.

So far the reviews are great.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=212259&page=4

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=217282&page=4

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/prod...FEED->PRODUCTS&cm_ite=1 PRODUCT&cm_keycode=66

I am picking up a pair as soon as I am out of work today. Will post my review once I get them and break them in.

Thanks for the heads up.. My Intec ones that came with Ultimate Essentials broke on me so I need some new ones.

How is the bass on these earbuds?

Oh also, if I were to price match at BB, do they only do that for weekly ad stuff, or can I print out CC webpage for those earbuds and bring that in?

I got 2 pairs of the black version from Circuit City for me and the girlfriend for $9.90 each after tax. Ordered online and picked it up at the store.

The picture on the CC website is wrong though. What CC is showing is really the JVC FX55B. The FX33B look like this:

32085392-2-200-0.gif

The bass is a little lacking for me, but I'm coming off of the bass monsters, AKG's K81DJ, and I may not be getting a good seal yet (the tips are kind of tough still). I'm used to the foamies on my Super.Fi. Nice detail and decent isolation for casual, every day use with my GB Micro and iPod. Best part is I don't worry about losing them because they're so cheap. The cord is very durable and pretty thick compared to other low-end 'phones. The cord slider is a nice touch.

[quote name='Sinistar']Hmm my local CC doesnt have them in stock according to the store search.

Oh well[/quote] If you really want them, you could try price-matching with BestBuy. Some people have lucked out and gotten the $10 FX33 deal at BB, but they got the green or blue versions instead of the black. Some have also tried Wal-Mart, too. And then there are those who didn't get the PM because the store managers wouldn't honor a PM for an item that has sold out.

An hour after I placed my order (Saturday) and picked mine up, I tried to get another pair for a gift, and they sold out at my local CCs and online. No worries though. This isn't the first time the FX33s have been on sale for

How are those JVC Gumy ear bud headphones they sell in different colors and they retail for $10?
I'm thinking I might pick up a pair of those if CC doesn't get the Marshmallow ones in.

Aren't all these headphones like pure trash for real audio quality.

For the price, I guess any name brand would work as they'll probably last a little longer than non-brands.

They're a lot better, SQ-wise, than the stock earphones I've used, but nowhere near the SQ of the nicer ones I currently own. I don't consider JVC to be a powerhouse when it comes to quality 'phones, but the reviews on Head-Fi convinced me to buy them and after trying them out, for $10, they're a bargain.

I got them as daily throw-arounds for when I don't want to take out my Super.fis. If they break or get stolen, it's not a big hit on the wallet or the conscience. At the same time, they're not as craptastic as the other crap out there for similar prices. Can't ask for much from a $10 bud, but they do fine for my more casual, on-the-go listening or gaming.

[quote name='jackul']If you really want them, you could try price-matching with BestBuy. Some people have lucked out and gotten the $10 FX33 deal at BB, but they got the green or blue versions instead of the black. Some have also tried Wal-Mart, too. And then there are those who didn't get the PM because the store managers wouldn't honor a PM for an item that has sold out.

An hour after I placed my order (Saturday) and picked mine up, I tried to get another pair for a gift, and they sold out at my local CCs and online. No worries though. This isn't the first time the FX33s have been on sale for

BB pricematch for me bc i print out the shopping cart saying that the item is available for pick up in store. meaning if i can get that item for that price in store, they have to honor it.

but yeh. BB only has the funky color like pink, green and blue. I wanted to the black one but the closest CC with it wasnt that close to me.

you need to break it in for awhile before the sound will get better, according to people from head-fi.

bread's done
Back