Headset died, need a mic.

crystalklear64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Sadly my awesome plantronics audio 350 is dead for my purposes due to a tragic kicking accident which left me without a functioning mic cord. The headphones still work but I never actually use the headphones, I have nice speakers and no need to be quiet.

Now, I could get a new one for 20$ http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Multimedia-Stereo-Headset-350/dp/B000EVSXMC but I don't actually need a headset. I just use one as a convenient way to hold the mic to my mouth.

The quality on that plantronics headset mic is amazing for the price, but I don't know if I want to get it again since there is high potential that I would break it again. I'm currently using one of my sm57's through a mic preamp, which of course sounds amazing, but its really impractical.

So, does anyone know of a nice mic, on a headset or not for 20$ or less? If I can get a cheap mic with a stand I could just keep up on my desk that doesn't pick up ambient noise, that'd be perfect.

Oh also, not USB.

That's a clip mic, it needs to be clipped onto a headphone cord. I like using a desktop boom mic, I have one by Cyber Acoustics that cost all of $10 and works great.

I didn't know your headset but I'm sorry to hear that, my prayers go out to your headsets family.

[quote name='sanistasia']That's a clip mic, it needs to be clipped onto a headphone cord. I like using a desktop boom mic, I have one by Cyber Acoustics that cost all of $10 and works great.[/QUOTE]

It doesnt HAVE to be clipped to a cord.

also the clip mic, according to the reviews, is great at picking up everything sound-wise. it would be a problem since i don't use a headset for my buddies on skype.

a uni-directional with some sort of noise cancelling properties desktop mic that plugs in via 3.5mm jack would be perfect.

i'm currently attempting to rewire the mic from my headset but things are not looking promising so i'm still on the lookout for a replacement.

Well despite the mix of good and bad review of the Logitech g930 wirless headset, I ordered it off of amazon for 89.99. I will update you guys on performance and impressions a couple weeks. Will get it on in a few days.

bread's done
Back