Heath Ledger Found Dead

aaronmills

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I don't like being the bearer of bad news, but this story just came down from the Associated Press...

----------------------------------------
Actor Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan residence in what police say is a possible drug-related death. He was 28.

NYPD spokesman Paul Browne told The Associated Press that Ledger had an appointment for a massage at his Manhattan apartment. The housekeeper went to let Ledger know the masseuse was there and found him dead at 3:26 p.m.

A big crowd of paparazzi and gawkers began gathering outside the building, where several police officers guarded the door. The building is located on an upscale block in SoHo.

The Australian-born actor was nominated for an Oscar for "Brokeback Mountain," where he met his wife, actress Michelle Williams, in 2005. Ledger and Williams had lived in Brooklyn and had a daughter, Matilda, until they split up last year.

Ledger's roles include the suicidal son of Billy Bob Thornton in "Monster's Ball" and had starring roles in "A Knight's Tale" and "The Patriot." He was to appear as the Joker this year in "The Dark Night," a sequel to 2005's "Batman Begins."

Ledger was born in 1979, grew up in Perth and began doing amateur theater at age 10. At 16, he moved to Sydney to pursue an acting career, quickly landing TV movie roles and guest spots on Australian television.

After several independent films, Ledger moved to Los Angeles and co-starred in "10 Things I Hate About You," a teen comedy reworking of "The Taming of the Shrew." His movie career caught on soon after that, culminating with his Academy Award nomination for "Brokeback Mountain."

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
----------------------------------------

I don't have a link right now. I work for a TV station and the story just came across as a news alert. No more info at this time, but I promise you it isn't a hoax.

[quote name='TFN']holy shit. :(

...i hope batman was finished. :([/QUOTE]

Shitty thing is, that was the first thing I thought as well.

RIP?

its on cnn.com at the very top section for ''breaking news'', moiety.

Yeah Cocheez, RIP, but lets hope Batman was finished. :(

[quote name='TFN']its on cnn.com at the very top section for ''breaking news'', moiety.

Yeah Cocheez, RIP, but lets hope Batman was finished. :([/quote]
Thanks TFN, I googled but didn't see that.

Apparently The Dark Knight is in post production, so that's done with

R.I.P.

And it's bad that we're all concerned about The Dark Knight

The initial reports make it sound like a possible suicide. Which would make sense since he's in the area of the 27 club, though he's 28.

MSNBC reports that he was found in a pile of pills.

Already in post production? Well, then we're all good to go.

Nothing to see here, move along!

just kiddin'
[quote name='moiety']Thanks TFN, I googled but didn't see that.[/quote]
No problem.

[quote name='anomynous']And it's bad that we're all concerned about The Dark Knight[/QUOTE]

No, it's bad that this is grabbing headlines above the presidential election, and that, in two more minutes, this thread will surely have more posts than any one on the presidential election.

I liked Heath Ledger, I thought Brokeback Mountain was an excellent showcase of his acting ability, and it's unfortunate that he's dead.

But if you want to act like something is "bad," put it in perspective.

i had a feeling they would have one of those endings to the Dark Knight where it implies that Joker is still alive....guess they have to cut that out (if they put it in)

[quote name='mykevermin']No, it's bad that this is grabbing headlines above the presidential election, and that, in two more minutes, this thread will surely have more posts than any one on the presidential election.

I liked Heath Ledger, I thought Brokeback Mountain was an excellent showcase of his acting ability, and it's unfortunate that he's dead.

But if you want to act like something is "bad," put it in perspective.[/quote]

Sorry but this is america, this is drastically more important than the presidential election.

[quote name='mykevermin']this thread will surely have more posts than any one on the presidential election.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but who wants to get into a touchy, complex topic where people like you are going to run around calling them idiots anyway?

*brushes hands off*

I prove my point.

Also, while I have your attention, did you know Anthony Bourdain is in Uwe Boll's Farcry? The sound you are hearing is his credibility sinking lower than his balls.

RIP Mr. Ledger.

Rumor has it that he was supposed to be in the 3rd Batman film as well. I wonder if this will cause them to somehow rewrite the ending of The Dark Knight.

[quote name='shieryda']The Joker's a pill-popper?!

He did just go through a divorce.[/QUOTE]

He and the baby momma weren't married.

She's still smokin hot, not to derail it.

[quote name='apokalipze2']Heroin, coke, marijuana?[/quote]

Wikipedia says heroin.

Joker is going to be even more creepy now.

Dang, friend just called to tell me this (as we both think he's gonna be doing an amazing job in Dark Knight). Really shitty, he was a damn good actor.

[quote name='help1']Wikipedia says heroin.

Joker is going to be even more creepy now.[/QUOTE]

See, that's fucked up. It's almost like they know before any of the gossip sites now.

Wiki people are scary.

damn man wtf. i know everyones got demons and all but shit the guy had everything , seemingly, going for him and now poof its all gone. fuckin hell everyoen thinking brittney is gonna die and this shit happens.

Heath Ledger is now the new Brandon Lee: a rising star dead before his time. DK will probably do more business now because of morbid fascination with Ledger.

RIP.

[quote name='SL4IN']this happened completely out of now where.

what's even worse is that he was only 28.[/quote]

year and 1/2 older than me...
God damn it... why did he have to go and do something so fucking stupid

bread's done
Back