Heavenly Guardian

I don't know if it's so much sold out as not received or received in very limited quantities. I've never seen it as showing in stock at Amazon. DeepDiscount shows it as in stock currently.

I understand it was announced for the Wii as well.

After reading about the game here, I remembered seeing it at my local Gamestop and picked it up on Saturday. This game is old school for sure. If you've ever played any of the Pocky and Rocky games, this game is in the same vein as those (According to what I was able to gather from the GameFAQs forums, it's from the same series). Like Pocky and Rocky this is probably best played in co-op mode, so if you have a friend who's interested in these top down arcade style games, definitely consider it. This game can be very challenging and requires patience as well since even though I suck and lost to the first boss, he has a definite pattern that you can follow and hit him when he leaves himself open. However if you lose all your lives, and select 'yes' to continue, you start back at the beginning of the stage and your score is zeroed out. Along with the snow "kids" (more on them below) I could see where this might get a little aggravating at times.

One of the most annoying aspects of the game so far is that there are ten snow "kids" hidden throughout each stage. They're pretty easy to spot on the first stage, but the issue arises is when you lose a life and are sent back to your last check point. The game does not remember any of the snow kids you found up to that check point so you have to back track each time you lose a life to get them all again. Luckily the enemies before the checkpoint don't respawn or it'd be even more annoying. This wouldn't be such a big issue if these guys didn't give you unlockables in the game. Even though I think I found all ten in stage 1, I didn't notice anything that unlocked so my guess is that you also have to complete the stage for whatever it unlocks to become available.

If you can find this game and have the $15-20 to spare because you aren't playing anything else at the moment I recommend this game, because it definitely brings me back to the good old days of action games on the NES and SNES.

I love pocky and rocky. My mom gave away my snes games to my little cousin when I was away at college and I want to steal it back from her sometimes. it's killing me. But at least I have my emulation.

[quote name='vherub']I would pick it up, but the rumors that it is hitting the wii have me waiting.[/QUOTE]

it is already out in Japan, so far nothing on US repease.

[quote name='ykcil542']The only place I can seem to find this game is CDUniverse. I ordered a copy last week and just got it today.

heavenlyguardian[/quote]

Thanks for this. They had 2 copies left. Now one. $14.99 + 2.99 shipping.

This has been on my radar for awhile, but I've never seen it.

GameStop has a listing for it, but it's screwed up. It says you can preorder it (comes out 4/22) or you can buy a used copy. Both are 19.99.

[quote name='ykcil542']The only place I can seem to find this game is CDUniverse. I ordered a copy last week and just got it today.

heavenlyguardian[/quote]

Thanks for this. They had 2 copies left. Now one. $14.99 + 2.99 shipping.

This has been on my radar for awhile, but I've never seen it.

GameStop has a listing for it, but it's screwed up. It says you can preorder it (comes out 4/22) or you can buy a used copy. Both are 19.99.

Just got mine in the mail yesterday, havent had time to give it a go yet. Anyone know what if anything will be different on the Wii version.

[quote name='Drizzt']They're pretty easy to spot on the first stage, but the issue arises is when you lose a life and are sent back to your last check point. The game does not remember any of the snow kids you found up to that check point so you have to back track each time you lose a life to get them all again. [/quote]

I have this game and beat the first two bosses so far. This is definitely not true. The only snow boys that aren't remembered are the ones between your last checkpoint and the end of the stage. The ones before that are still all found.

[quote name='arromdee']I have this game and beat the first two bosses so far. This is definitely not true. The only snow boys that aren't remembered are the ones between your last checkpoint and the end of the stage. The ones before that are still all found.[/QUOTE]

By that do you mean that if you go back to where you found the others that there aren't those mini blizzards marking their location anymore? Or do they re-appear and you can then reveal them again? Because I remember going back and seeing those Blizzards back there again, and thinking that meant the game had "forgotten" that I had found them earlier and that I had to get them all back again.

If you go back the mini-blizzards are not there.I did see ones that were there that I had missed the first time through, but thast's different. And the ones after the checkpoint are still there, so if you die and get sent to a checkpoint you'll have to repeat finding the ones past that checkpoint.

bread's done
Back