Heavenly Sword $28.31 shipped @ Amazon

Gotta love people who can't do even a little research into the production of the game before deciding their wikipedia-fed opinion is the only correct one. Oh well, can't save 'em all.

[quote name='Vortextk']Let's see how many more times trophies can be brought up. They're just that important.[/QUOTE]

It's amazing that people actually consider them when buying a game. I cannot understand it for the life of me.

Unless you're getting in-game rewards, I think you're a psychopath.

In my opinion the trophy system is flawed and there is no point in getting them unless they unlock something. I don't care for your ps level when your getting trophies by completing in game tutorials. I'll care when bronze trophies are given out for beating the game on easy.

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']In my opinion the trophy system is flawed and there is no point in getting them unless they unlock something. I don't care for your ps level when your getting trophies by completing in game tutorials. I'll care when bronze trophies are given out for beating the game on easy.[/QUOTE]

Apparently those points are important to people for some reason. Pretty sure I saw people saying they were buying both versions of FFXIII just so they could fill out both their achievements and trophies.

Game was a great, quick, ride. Once you beat it there is no reason to play again. This game would be helped greatly if they gave it a trophy patch...

[quote name='anubis20']I got this off craigslist for $20 way back when it was still $60[/QUOTE]

It is still $60 MSRP. It's out of print now and Sony never lowered the price on it or made it a Greatest Hits title. Every other retailer already clearance this out with Amazon just hanging on to whatever they still have and listing it at 56.99 for the most part.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Apparently those points are important to people for some reason. Pretty sure I saw people saying they were buying both versions of FFXIII just so they could fill out both their achievements and trophies.[/QUOTE]
I think that reason is obvious. Some people don't lead meaningful lives.

[quote name='Stele']I think that reason is obvious. Some people don't lead meaningful lives.[/QUOTE]
THIS

I will never play a game because of the trophies or achievements. I love a nice long game but I am not wasting a bunch of extra time on a game for worthless pixels and numbers.

[quote name='lllGurulll']THIS

I will never play a game because of the trophies or achievements. I love a nice long game but I am not wasting a bunch of extra time on a game for worthless pixels and numbers.[/QUOTE]

Neither will I. But if a game has achievements I will put more efforts to accomplishing the tasks of the achievements rather than just speeding through the game. Achievement present insteresting challenges that spice up the game.

I liked it but I wouldn't consider myself a hard core gamer. Took me about 10 hours and the last couple battles took me a few times to beat. So yeah, probably short but I got my $5 out of it (Hollywood Video sale). Once my friend is done with it, I'll trade it back in somewhere and get mey $5 back.

[quote name='judgedee']Neither will I. But if a game has achievements I will put more efforts to accomplishing the tasks of the achievements rather than just speeding through the game. Achievement present insteresting challenges that spice up the game.[/QUOTE]Don't get me wrong, if I really enjoy the game and don't mind replaying, Uncharted 2 anyone, I'll go for the trophies.

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']Heavenly Sword Quick Review!
The good:
Great visual design
Sharp Controls(Except for maybe the six axis part)
Game runs smooth
Great voice acting

The bad:
It's too short.

This game goes for 27 bucks used at gamestop. Great thing about PS3 users is that they get their used games like new lulz.[/QUOTE]

The game doesn't run smooth at all. That's my one complaint with the game, the choppy framerate.

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']Heavenly Sword Quick Review!
The good:
Great visual design
Sharp Controls(Except for maybe the six axis part)
Game runs smooth
Great voice acting

The bad:
It's too short.

This game goes for 27 bucks used at gamestop. Great thing about PS3 users is that they get their used games like new lulz.[/QUOTE]

I liked it so much renting I knew I would buy it when I could get it sub 20, which I did when it was a GS special one week for 25 bucks and they had a 20% off coupon for PS3 as well.

Great game and fantastic production values for a really short game. Only good game I know that is shorter though is GOW:COL for PSP.

I'd seriously like to know why the game is still priced so high. How can Sony justify it? Am I the only one that's heard of "supply and demand?" I don't think anybody is buying it at the insane price it's been. Demand goes down, the price should have dropped a long time ago.

No framerate problems for me, either. I also replayed levels multiple times to get extra content unlocked, so I wouldn't say it was too short. Especially when you can burn through the CoD games and even the almighty Bayonetta in just a few hours. Just remember to turn the motion controls off, its much better without them. Very underrated game in my opinion.

[quote name='Viper187']I'd seriously like to know why the game is still priced so high. How can Sony justify it? Am I the only one that's heard of "supply and demand?" I don't think anybody is buying it at the insane price it's been. Demand goes down, the price should have dropped a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you just answered your own question. Supply is low.

bread's done
Back