Heavenly Sword Pre-Order: $46 shipped at FamilyVideo.com AC

aaronmills

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
With the demo now out for Heavenly Sword I thought I'd search around for the best pre-order price. Here's what I came up with...

Heavenly Sword for $49.97 at FamilyVideo.com

Use Coupon Code NEWPGMEM to take $5 off for new members (code is verified as working) or Coupon Code NEWMEM3F to take $3 off for return customers (I have not personally tried this code yet, but it should work).

Shipping is $0.99.

New members total is $45.96 shipped...return customers would be $47.96 shipped.

Amazon.com doesn't have a price yet, but judging by the fact that Assasin's Creed is $59.99 I'd expect it to be around the same price. I also checked LionGames and didn't see anything on Tony's site yet either so if you really feel like getting ahead of the game this seems like the way to go.

Definitely jumping on this after playing the demo, but how quick is FamilyVideo with shipping out products? I know that sometimes when you pre-order at places like Amazon they may not have recieved enough of that particular product on a pre-order and you may have to wait upwards of an extra week or with Frys Online which I've had to wait upwards of a few weeks once.

I've ordered a half dozen games or so from FamilyVideo before (including a couple pre-orders) and have received every game within 3-to-7 days of it being released. If you want to make sure you get it quicker, pay for faster shipping.

Overall, it's probably a shade better than Amazon's SuperSaver shipping.

I always feel like waiting a couple extra days is worth saving a couple extra bucks.

i got ninja gaiden sigma quickly from them, but others had to wait to receive theirs.

edit: thanks op, preordered 1 (also preordered bioshock for 48 shipped)

[quote name='derder']Do they charge you immediately?[/quote]

"We have pre-authorized your credit card for the order total. You will only be charged when items ship."

[quote name='Gamehead']I can't get NEWMEM3F to work with my second order.[/quote]

Because that code is for new members and this is your second order. Meaning you're not a new member anymore.

[quote name='gunm']Because that code is for new members and this is your second order. Meaning you're not a new member anymore.[/quote] I think that's the 3 dollars off for returning customers.

[quote name='gunm']Because that code is for new members and this is your second order. Meaning you're not a new member anymore.[/QUOTE]

If that is the case then "Use Coupon Code...NEWMEM3F to take $3 off for return customers" needs to be removed from the first post.

[quote name='Gamehead']If that is the case then "Use Coupon Code...NEWMEM3F to take $3 off for return customers" needs to be removed from the first post.[/QUOTE]

I got $3 off my second order, and to help my fellow CAGs :)D) I confirmed it won't let you use the $5 off coupon on return orders. OP is correct. 20% a preorder isn't bad.

[quote name='freshzen']The demo was sweet!! God of War meets Virtua Fighter 8)[/QUOTE]

Virtua Fighter? I'll have what you're smoking ;)

anyway, is this the best preorder deal out there right now for this? me want.

[quote name='Gamehead']If that is the case then "Use Coupon Code...NEWMEM3F to take $3 off for return customers" needs to be removed from the first post.[/quote]

:whistle2:k You'd think a code with "NEWMEM" in it would mean it's for "New Members". Ah, my apologies if that's not true.

Edit: I'd order from here, but their standard (i.e. cheap 99 cent) shipping is USPS Media Mail. That would go by boat to Hawaii and thus would take an unbearably long time to reach me. Ah wells...

The demo on ps3 was a meh at best. I don't know what happened since the E3 2006, but all the charms are gone, and became a generic beat'em up with major frame rate issues.

In for one. Haven't played the demo yet, but I can always cancel it. At least now its locked in at $45. Thanks.

[quote name='codeninja']The demo on ps3 was a meh at best. I don't know what happened since the E3 2006, but all the charms are gone, and became a generic beat'em up with major frame rate issues.[/QUOTE]
Glad I'm not alone in my opinion.

Yeah, the demo was way too short to tell if the overall game would be as good or better than God of War.

I ordered anyway with $3 off since I have NO GAMES on my PS3. Makes me sad.

[quote name='codeninja']The demo on ps3 was a meh at best. I don't know what happened since the E3 2006, but all the charms are gone, and became a generic beat'em up with major frame rate issues.[/QUOTE]
I agree. The demo was also too short but from what I did play, it was still just a glorified beat-em-up. Although, the timed button sequences looked really awesome. Anyway, I enjoyed God of War much more.

The latest episode of The 1up Show (7/27/07) shows a TON of new footage of the game--it totally sold me on taking advantage of aaronmills' killer deal. Thanks!

I gave in and jumped in too. If a better price comes along, I'll just cancel early. I just couldn't pass this up. Any good deals on Assassin's creed? ;-)

[quote name='zsgamer']Should I get Heavenly Sword or Lair? They are both the same price, but I don't know which one I'll like better.[/quote]

I got both (Lair for 38; 46 for heavenly sword). Need to find a good deal on assassin's now.

[quote name='tinyandi']I got both (Lair for 38; 46 for heavenly sword). Need to find a good deal on assassin's now.[/quote]

Yeah, I should have got the lair deal on outpost.com, but I was too late to it. I don't really want to get both.

Somebody needs to tell CheapyD about this deal, at least so he finds a reason to stop making love to his XBox 360 long enough to appreciate his PS3 :)

[quote name='AwRy108']Somebody needs to tell CheapyD about this deal, at least so he finds a reason to stop making love to his XBox 360 long enough to appreciate his PS3 :)[/quote]

If it's not Little BigPlanet it's not gonna happen. He's too busy playing every FPS ever made on his 360.:roll:

This is definitely a game that the button mashers won't like. There's thought involved.:p

I'm in for 1. Thanks op!

I've already bought from FamilyVideo, so the best I can do is $47.95 from them. I'm waiting for almight Lion Games to start listing this...it isn't up on the site yet.

[quote name='Foo228']is this that game that looks like a god of war clone but you play as a girl?

if so, it looks sweet[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Really sweet price as well.

[quote name='silks']I've already bought from FamilyVideo, so the best I can do is $47.95 from them. I'm waiting for almight Lion Games to start listing this...it isn't up on the site yet.[/quote]

Family Video has Lair for $47.95 for you also and its $57.99 at LionGames after shipping. It seems Tony is charging alot more for his games recently. Not really sure why.

I tried to pre-order another game using the returning customer coupon code but it wouldn't work. Could someone please verify the code and let me know if it still works?

46shipped for lair :)
I think i will go ahead and pre order heavenly sword as well.

P.S the return code does not work.. please remove from original post.

bread's done
Back