Heavy Rain Director's Cut $9.99 GameStop and Amazon

Thanks, OP! I'm still on the border for this one. Always wanted to play, and HLTB shows the game as about 9.5 hours long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this price for the new version or for the used as a Mexican hooker version?

New, They did this sale 6 months ago, I grabbed, played most of the game, I get quite immersed in it, quite like I did for the telltale walking dead games.

All the gamestops near me are notorious for having like one copy of everything, so i wouldn't be surprised if i've already missed out on this with my stores.

Ok, dumb question. I see no way to order this for in store pickup without paying the online price first and submitting order that way, unless you guys mean order it online, return it in store and rebuy?

All the gamestops near me are notorious for having like one copy of everything, so i wouldn't be surprised if i've already missed out on this with my stores.
The price shows up after you select the store you want to hold the game for you. After, when you get to the hold for in-store pick up request page it'll be like Online Price $19.99, In-store price $9.99

Oh cool, I got this from Gamestop the last time it was on sale for $10.  Haven't played it yet, but heard a lot of good things about the game.  Correct me if I'm wrong, Heavy Rain was made by the same people who made Beyond Two Souls.

Oh cool, I got this from Gamestop the last time it was on sale for $10. Haven't played it yet, but heard a lot of good things about the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, Heavy Rain was made by the same people who made Beyond Two Souls.
Yeah, same guy. I've been playing Beyond since last night, and it's really making me miss Heavy Rain.

Beyond tries to do too much and it's not very fun or interesting at all.

It's online now for $9.99. Shipping to your home Getting the disc and manual inside a sealed case is an additional $3.50.
Fixed.

So if you have the original version, am I correct in saying I'd be paying nearly $15 for the single DLC download and soundtrack? I understand the Move functionality is a free download, and it seems some or all of the "Making of" videos are free online.

Fixed.

So if you have the original version, am I correct in saying I'd be paying nearly $15 for the single DLC download and soundtrack? I understand the Move functionality is a free download, and it seems some or all of the "Making of" videos are free online.
Fixed what?

Fixed.

Correct the soundtrack is a $10 download on PSN and the Taxidermist DLC is a $5 download.

if you use the code 10FWT, you save another $1 and get it for $9 with free store pickup
Is there any way to use this code with free store pick up? If I select the store pick up option, all it does is send me to the screen which lets me have them hold the game for me and then I'd still have to pay the 9.99 at the store when I pick it up. When I try to check out the normal way, I can put in the code but there is no option to pick up at the store. I don't have much experience ordering from GS online so any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

It was not an attempt at trolling, it was listed as confirmed on slickdeals earlier in the day and I had already purchased the game prior so could not confirm myself. Maybe I should have said supposedly, but it was not an attempt at trolling. I have been a member of this site for a long time and have never trolled.

edit: the code is still listed on the original post on slickdeals

Amazon has price matched.
Damn, I just got the game today from GS. I would rather give Amazon my $$ and at least get points that I can use from it. Oh well. I traded in my standard version so I only ended up paying $6 or so for it.

I was on the fence about this game but at that price I'll go for it.

Amazon says it'll ship in 1-3 weeks but I don't have a PS3 yet so I don't mind waiting.

I don't want to drive to Gamestop.

Ooo bummer... hope you kept standard edition box art!
Haha, I did indeed. I usually try keep the box art if I plan on getting the GOTY/Complete/etc edition at a later date. I learned this the hard way after I forgot to keep the box art for Batman Arkham City when I got the GOTY. Funny thing is that I just traded in Batman AA and I didn't keep the art for that either, lol.

Bought a copy at Gamestop just before they closed.  The copy was already opened, as always.  The employee pointed out that it's a new copy...I replied, "Gamestop 'New', maybe".  Stupid policies.

Looking to pick up a PS3 when the new PS4 is released (predicting deals galore on PS3 titles this holiday)! Ordered myself a copy as I've been told several times this a must-play PS3 exclusive.

Thanks OP!

Looking to pick up a PS3 when the new PS4 is released (predicting deals galore on PS3 titles this holiday)! Ordered myself a copy as I've been told several times this a must-play PS3 exclusive.

Thanks OP!
The deals started early :)

Gah, checked while at work but didn't want to do everything on my phone. Too late now for Amazon it seems.  Horrible days. 

bread's done
Back