Heavy Rain: Director's Cut w/30 Days PS+ $19.99 at Amazon

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I'm like this too. I'm as much a collector as gamer and as a collector a "greatest hits" is equivalent to having a replica and not the original. It even kills me that Resistance 3 had the "Move" labeling haha. Also, I wont buy a game if the franchise didn't start on that console (Killzone 2 &3, God of War III etc.) and I dont like HD Collections. I wish I didn't care. I've been a collector longer and the habit carried over when I became a gamer. I've refined my personal collection so many times it's crazy. Lately I've purged all PS3 games that aren't Sony published, it's getting bad :whistle2:/ The only two games I have that aren't Sony Published are Valkyria Chronicles (exception worthy) and Demon's Souls which wasn't published by Sony but is a Sony property. Still need about 7 more Sony published titles to be satisfied with my collection, until I'm not satisfied again for some idiotic reason.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='guitarguy']You guys aren't collectors. You're hoarders and have OCD.[/QUOTE]

I have about 20ish games across three different consoles, how am I hoarder?

[quote name='styl3s']I am even worse when it comes to slipcases.

If a Blu-Ray does have a slipcase but i cant find one with it, i won't buy it but i also won't put it on my shelf with the slip case because a good majority of BR's don't have slipcases so i store them in a tote. I have to have everything "complete"

The collector and OCD side of me refuses to accept anything less, if i could get lets say X game that i want but is still $60 and get it for $5 but it has no manual and not in the original case i won't buy it.[/QUOTE]
Don't get me wrong. I look for mint/complete games too as opposed to my one buddy who doesn't care if they're complete or even mint as long as they work. He's even left the Blockbuster Video stickers on the cases before when he got games during the BOGO sales.:whistle2:&

That's the first thing I normally do after checking completeness and whether they're minty when I buy a pre-owned game is to peel the stickers off.

But a good percentage of the time the GH/PH games may include DLC packs and/or patches to make the games run a lot better as opposed to their original release versions. So that's the main reason why I grab the newer editions if I can.

[quote name='inky1600']Well to each his own I guess. I won't be forking over 80 bucks to anybody just to get improved shipping. What kind of Amazon customer most benefits by Prime? It just seems to me that in most cases you can get free shipping by adding to cart to get over 25 bucks anyway. The next day delivery is nice but purely a luxury item for me and I could never afford to pay 80 for that luxury. I have never preordered a game before(though I will from BB now with the 2000 reward zone points promo) so the day one promise on preorder delivery won't help me at amazon-I really don't care about bonus dlc for doing so. I guess Prime customers must order other stuff to make the 80 bucks worthwhile...[/QUOTE]

Well, you also get Amazon Instant Video, which is similar to Netflix. And if you have a .edu email address, you can get Prime for $39 a year, which is a steal.

[quote name='Yamato']Well, you also get Amazon Instant Video, which is similar to Netflix. And if you have a .edu email address, you can get Prime for $39 a year, which is a steal.[/QUOTE]

Had it free for two years being a college student then when it expired I jumped all over this deal. If you buy regularly from amazon it's the only way to go

[quote name='tortamus']http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005YR308S/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01
Just dropped in price, it's been in my cart for months and this is the lowest I've seen it. Apologies if this is old news.
Also available for the same price at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
the lowest was $15 last BF at at least Walmart and Gamestop. Funny, I traded in my original copy to Amazon for $16.20 and then bought the DC at WM the following week for about the same after tax

[quote name='new1']Had it free for two years being a college student then when it expired I jumped all over this deal. If you buy regularly from amazon it's the only way to go[/QUOTE]

Two years?! How did you do that? A different .edu email? Mine expired after one year. :whistle2:(

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
That's the first thing I normally do after checking completeness and whether they're minty when I buy a pre-owned game is to peel the stickers off.
[/QUOTE]

Me too. I fukken use Goo Gone to get all the sticker smudges off. Especially those AWD stickers... :nottalking:

For those concerned with the hassle of canceling PS+, go to Account Management\Services on your PS3, select Plus: 30-Day trial, then turn off Automatic Renewal. It then says the service will still be usable until expiration, but will not renew.

Just in case people are having problems getting the Taxidermist DLC to work, you need to erase the Heavy Rain Game Data in the appropriate folder if you played the original version (leave the saves and options file alone) before installing the Director's Cut. I wasted an hour trying to figure things out since it always brought me to the store to buy it instead of playing it off the disc.

does this add anything other than just move support? (dont care about that) I bought the original game but still havent played it =P Wondering if its worth buying this.

^_^x KD

[quote name='Kenshindono']does this add anything other than just move support? (dont care about that) I bought the original game but still havent played it =P Wondering if its worth buying this.

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

it has all the updates in the disk + the taxidermist ( dlc). I would recommend you selling the one you have if it is still sealed and just get that one.

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']Finally it hit this price, been waiting for ages. Just barely missed out on the regular version new for $11 a long while back and haven't seen it even this low since. Hopefully it doesn't go completely bonkers like Indigo Prophecy did towards the end. I still really liked that game, but the first 2/3 is more of what I want than the last third.

By the way, does anyone know if this is better with move? I'm wondering if I should have my first playthrough be with move.[/QUOTE]

I tried both ways for a while. The Move controls take a bit of getting used to, especially as you have to remember what gesture the game is asking you to perform based on the onscreen prompt, but I found it to be far more immersive than using a DualShock.

I haven't played Indigo Prophecy yet (I just got the Director's Cut of Fahrenheit from GOG during the sale the other week), so I don't have a basis for comparison other than comments that folks have made about how the ending is weird. I can say that the ending of HR (or I should say the one that I had) is completely consistent with everything that came before, although as you may or may not know there is a "twist" about 3/4 of the way through the story that some may see coming (I didn't).

Fahrenheit is a must play even with the twist. I've only played the PS2 version with ugly graphics, but it's one of favorite games of last gen. Such incredible atmosphere, but the story gets wacky.

[quote name='captpluto9465']Fahrenheit is a must play even with the twist. I've only played the PS2 version with ugly graphics, but it's one of favorite games of last gen. Such incredible atmosphere, but the story gets wacky.[/QUOTE]
I agree, I loved Indigo Prophecy until it started getting weird. Even then I loved the game. Just wish it hadnt gone off the deep end.

Heavy Rain was good, and I didnt see the twist either, so I loved that, but overall I got bored faster than with Indigo.

Are there any clue when this offer might end?

Since I'm not a Prime member, shipping is not free. I'm thinking if I could just order this together with my Borderlands 2 pre-order on September 18 so Amazon can ship them together for free.

But I've got to say this price is really good even with shipping. And why do I have the feeling that this game might pop up as PS Plus free game this year.

bread's done
Back