Heavy Rain (PS3) 23.94 @ SAMS; YMMV

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Is Sam's the wherehouse club that'll let you buy something, but at a 10% increase?[/QUOTE]
Yeah but tommow you can go with out a membership and they wont charge the 10% i think it was from August 6-9 not sure just letting you guys know if some of you dont have memberships!

[quote name='icarusmight']Damn, would love to get it at this price. Now to convince the wife that she needs something from Sam's Club hmmmm....[/QUOTE]
She needs Heavy Rain. At this price, everyone needs Heavy Rain.

Sounds like I'll be making a trip out to Sams tomorrow. I've wanted this game for awhile and would have settled for around 40 but at this price it warrants a special trip.

Checked out Heavy Rain, but still ringing up at 29.xx

I did find what I really wanted and that was the Street Fighter stick bundle
iconxbox360.gif
for $42.xx (only one though). :bouncy:

This was great for me since I see it as paying 10 for SFIV (ph version) and about 33 for the stick. Plus, this was was much cheaper than the BS work-around that MS permits to get an X-arcade stick working on the 360.

I've got to think I was really lucky to find the stick bundle, considering how long ago I remember seeing the first mention of the deal. Already played a few rounds with and haven't noticed any problems.

And since I was there, decided to check out other things to see how they compare to Costco. Didn't really see much difference in pricing for stuff I usually buy, save for the deals on games. But is membership really $140? That's what they quoted me when I got the pass.

Going to check out my local Sam's Club this weekend. Even with the extra 10%, ~$27 is still a good price for Heavy Rain.

[quote name='madbst']Going to check out my local Sam's Club this weekend. Even with the extra 10%, ~$27 is still a good price for Heavy Rain.[/QUOTE]

Sams has an open house this weekend so no 10% surcharge.

Also still 29.xx in northern NJ.

At least at my store, Heavy Rain was a one time buy. We ended up selling out of it within 2 weeks and never got more in.

if anyone is able to find an extra copy at that price point let me know and ill buy it from you .no sams club where i live .

[quote name='Valo916']I just picked one up for $23.81 in Citrus Heights, CA
[/QUOTE]

Hmm to get this or not to, I live right by there, but I was going to wait 'til sunday and get it for $20 at Kmart with a coupon, but if I do this I can get another game, how many were in stock?

[quote name='rbarba4']Checked out Heavy Rain, but still ringing up at 29.xx

I did find what I really wanted and that was the Street Fighter stick bundle
iconxbox360.gif
for $42.xx (only one though). :bouncy:

This was great for me since I see it as paying 10 for SFIV (ph version) and about 33 for the stick. Plus, this was was much cheaper than the BS work-around that MS permits to get an X-arcade stick working on the 360.

I've got to think I was really lucky to find the stick bundle, considering how long ago I remember seeing the first mention of the deal. Already played a few rounds with and haven't noticed any problems.

And since I was there, decided to check out other things to see how they compare to Costco. Didn't really see much difference in pricing for stuff I usually buy, save for the deals on games. But is membership really $140? That's what they quoted me when I got the pass.[/QUOTE]

Membership is not $140, unless that was for several years. I think it is $50 or less per year.

[quote name='shanedude']Do you guys think HR will drop even more come Holiday Season? Or is this as low as we're going to get?[/QUOTE]

considering its still runing for full price everywhere else this drop is rare theyre probably just trying to get rid of it like how fred meyer was selling off regular and ce of saints row 2 for 15 or 20 bucks sometime last year or so.

It might go Greatest Hits by the holiday season. Takes 10 months and a certain number sold (which it probably passed already). That's what I'm waiting for if there are no HR's in my Sam's Club.

[quote name='NeoshoTiger']Membership is not $140, unless that was for several years. I think it is $50 or less per year.[/QUOTE]

its a 140 minus the hundred :)

[quote name='madbst']It might go Greatest Hits by the holiday season. Takes 10 months and a certain number sold (which it probably passed already). That's what I'm waiting for if there are no HR's in my Sam's Club.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for it to go GOTY for $29.95 or less. :bouncy:

Went in looking for Heavy Rain but they did not have any "cardboards" for it but I did see a few for the SFIV fightstick bundle for $42. Considering getting it but unsure since I already have a fightpad which is mainly decent. Damn why couldn't they have Heavy Rain so I didn't have to feel like I need to buy something!!

[quote name='notfromtexas']Code war monkey, im in south jordan utah this week! Did you go to the sams club up by the honda world??[/QUOTE]
Yes I did.

$29.xx in the Sam's Club in Plano, TX. They also had MAG and some other PS3 stuff there for the same price, but I didn't look too much at pricing for other games.

It was $23 at the one in Lewisville, TX, so I grabbed the last cardboard placeholder only to find it was out of stock already.......bummer.

bread's done
Back