Heavy Rain Special Edition (UK) in stock HMV

Mixer236

CAGiversary!
Feedback
103 (100%)
******************* It seems the deal is now dead***********************

Did a quick search to see if this was listed anywhere, so hopefully not. Anyway, I just noticed that the site that had the exclusive Heavy Rain Special Edition has more in stock (http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=308607)

It's been sold out there since before the game's release, and has recently gone for over $100 on ebay. With the conversion and shipping charge it comes out to just under $75, so I thought that was a good enough deal to be worthy of being posted. They're probably limited, so snatch one up if you're interested.

Not sure how to add pics here, but here's a link that shows the contents, maybe one of you could help me out and add it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblogeurope/4275611499/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doodofdoods']Snape is the Origami Killer.[/QUOTE]

Well great, thanks for ruining that one for me... I just hope Luke finally kills that jerkface for killing his own father.

Thanks op. I ordered a copy. I played through the game and loved it enough to shell out another $75 to have this "special" edition!

I'm torn. I'm very interested and I'm a huge sucker for special editions, but I'm not so hyped on Heavy Rain. I was planning to get it cheap sometime down the road.

Ordered one, since I have no willpower. Thanks for the heads up, OP... $73 shipped is just about the right price, since I didn't want it enough to pay over $100 for it.

[quote name='zenintrude']Is it region-free?[/QUOTE]

The ps3 is region free, the only difference is you'd have to purchase and download any DLC from a UK account. However, once it's downloaded, you can log back into your regular account and it's there. It's just a minor inconvenience. As a side note, glad I was able to contribute to this great community. :)

Im very intrigued by the game and was hoping they made a special edition but until now didnt know they did.

Sucks that its only UK release. Why not a US release?

Thanks OP! In for one.

I was going to order a copy a couple weeks ago for 42.99 GBP then it went out of stock while I thought about it. I've been checking periodically ever since release hoping to get another chance at a copy.

i bit because "special", "limited", "collectors" are crack to me. Too bad I screwed up and didnt see a state after my comfirmation. Their site is shitty for contacting them about an order. I dont want to attempt to call a forgien number so hopefully they can fix this for me.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']i bit because "special", "limited", "collectors" are crack to me. Too bad I screwed up and didnt see a state after my comfirmation. Their site is shitty for contacting them about an order. I dont want to attempt to call a forgien number so hopefully they can fix this for me.[/QUOTE]

I put the state in the 'County' field, and it showed up... but only in certain places/e-mails, which was strange. Regardless, as long as you put the correct zip code, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

75 bucks to import a LE? That sounds almost too good to be true! I'd totally go for it if I didn't already own the game... oh well haha

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']i bit because "special", "limited", "collectors" are crack to me. Too bad I screwed up and didnt see a state after my comfirmation. Their site is shitty for contacting them about an order. I dont want to attempt to call a forgien number so hopefully they can fix this for me.[/QUOTE]
Just cancel the order, go into your account and edit your personal information - there is a state field there. Then place a new order.

I'd love to get this, but then I'd have to find a UK PSN card to buy the DLC, which would be a pain. I wish SCEA was as proactive with regard to releasing SEs as SCEE is, but they only seem to come out with ones for games I'm not interested in. :(

I think I will buy this, switch the US disc with the UK disc and sell the UK disc only.

EDIT: Was about $68 shipped to AZ.

[quote name='darkslime']I think I will buy this, switch the US disc with the UK disc and sell the UK disc only.[/QUOTE]

Thats pretty sketchy but do what you gotta do.

So there's no region coding on PS3 games so as long as you play it in HD then there is no worry about PAL vs NTSC, right?

I just got my copy from HMV today, had it pre-ordered, and took 8 days to get to me in Texas. Perfect condition, very satisfied.
Love it.

HMV is very reliable.

[quote name='omega999']My main question is can you play that Taxidermist DLC on a US account?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can play the DLC fine on any account on your PS3, but to download it, you'll have to make a UK psn account first as it's only redeemable on their store. Takes 5 mins.

[quote name='dallow']Yes, you can play the DLC fine on any account on your PS3, but to download it, you'll have to make a UK psn account first as it's only redeemable on their store. Takes 5 mins.[/QUOTE]

Is there a how-to-guide for this?

Would be 75 bucks shipped to Japan. Not really sure if I want to spend the dough on the SE. Haven't even received the normal version from Play-Asia yet.

Thanks. I picked this up along with the wireless Singstar mics and a big headed Master Chief figure.

[quote name='havuk']what exactly is differen't about the SE version?[/QUOTE]

You can see what's included if you click the second link I provided.

[quote name='dallow']I just got my copy from HMV today, had it pre-ordered, and took 8 days to get to me in Texas. Perfect condition, very satisfied.
Love it.

HMV is very reliable.

Yes, you can play the DLC fine on any account on your PS3, but to download it, you'll have to make a UK psn account first as it's only redeemable on their store. Takes 5 mins.[/QUOTE]
hey dallow,

did hmv ship this in a cardboard box or one of those cheap bubble mailers? just wondering, since most stuff gets banged up in airmail.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Is there a how-to-guide for this?[/QUOTE]

Yeah its really easy.

I signed up for one a year or so ago. NHL 08 or 09 demo, forget which one, was being released early in the UK and Europe (because of the 5+ hour difference). So i took 2 minutes to sign up for a UK account (like bloody_wanker09) and downloaded it. Never used it again but its not difficult.

I actually did the same thing, I sent them an email and received a reply today saying it had already been fixed and not to worry about it. I also received the shipment notification email and the shipping address had indeed been fixed

[quote name='Mixer236']I actually did the same thing, I sent them an email and received a reply today saying it had already been fixed and not to worry about it. I also received the shipment notification email and the shipping address had indeed been fixed[/QUOTE]

I emailed them too and the guy replied back and told me to relax. I have not got a shipping notification so im still not sure whats going on.

Any differences between the in game content between this version and the US version? For instance, the Japan version doesn't have any nudity in it. Not that I care about the nudity, but I do like to have my version as the full retail version and not some stripped down version of the game.

If not, I'd just buy this version and maybe trade in mine to GameStop instead of swapping discs and trying to sell it on eBay.

I think this is sold out. They removed it from the site. It pisses me off even more that I ordered this around 11 yesterday morning and my order is still open.

[quote name='darth007']I ordered this around 11 yesterday morning and my order is still open.[/QUOTE]

Same here, except I had ordered mine 2 days ago. I'm a bit baffled that people are saying it's shipped, even though they ordered it later than either of us did.

HMV charged my card, but it's only that $1 holding charge... if I miss out on this, I'm gonna be kind of unhappy.

[quote name='darth007']I think this is sold out. They removed it from the site. It pisses me off even more that I ordered this around 11 yesterday morning and my order is still open.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, I was going to place an order over the weekend...

Shit. Just got a 'discontinued by manufacturer' notice. Wonder if they ever actually got stock back in at all, or if it was just a mistake.

Bah.

To make that clear: it's not shipping. Like I said, ordered 2 days ago, so if you were after that, wouldn't expect much.

Sorry, phone has a lack of easy edit function.

I think this was a mistake. I ordered right when the op posted and just got a cancellation email. Oh well someone on ebay uk had it for 80 shipped. 5$ more

bread's done
Back