HEB Plus - 80 GB PS3 MGS4 Bundle (yes,the one with backwards compatibility!) for $399

PawnTakesKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Was at the HEB Plus in Beaumont, TX this morning and noticed they still have some of the PS3 MGS4 bundles in stock, marked down to $399. This is a great deal, as they used to be $499 and you get a game and backwards compatibility for the same price as a normal 80 GB PS3.

Anyone with an HEB Plus in your area might want to give them a look if you're in the market for a PS3. They also have some of the XBox 360 Halo Editions left for $349 (not worth it, IMO).

I went to check at the HEB Plus in Pearland (just south of Houston) today -- no deal. The nice guy who helped me said they sold the last one a few days ago though, so people might have a shot if they check other locations.

One of the stores here in San Antonio (new one on New Braunfels) had a few of them, but they were still marked as $499. I don't know if all HEB Plus stores are supposed to have the same universal price on everything (doubt it, since the regular HEB stores certainly don't), but I wasn't desperate enough to ask for a price check (I already have a PS3, so I had got in on this deal I would have just sold it anyway).

And on a side note, what is with their wonky prices? They had a few good games at reasonable prices, especially if you're looking for older games (found a new copy of Luminous Arc, which seems to have gotten pretty rare), but most of the stuff was utter crap. Even looking past the launch games still going for full price, some things cost more than the MSRP (saw the EndWar bundle going for $100, and the PSP 3000 Core System going for $200 (with the bundle right next to it for the same price)), which is pretty unacceptable. Sad to see considering this is the same place I got my 60GB PS3 for $350 just two Black Fridays ago.

I didn't even know there was a HEB Plus and that they sold games and stuff. Wish I knew so I could look there first for my PS3 before I bought my PS3 (current model). Got it for 320 before tax though.

bread's done
Back