Hell Frozen Over: Street Fighter IV coming to PC (rumor)

Lets see:

Playing SF4 on my 4 year old rig on a 22inch LCD

or

Playing SF4 on my 360 on a 37 inch LCD.

Given the fact that my machine chokes on anything made in the last 2 years
hmm tough choice.

:whistle2:k

How is this hell freezing over? Many versions of II were released for PC. I think one of the Alpha games was as well. Hell the original was released for DOS...

Capcom's clearly dedicated to bringing their stuff to the PC... there's DMC4, Lost Planet, Bionic Commando, RE5... so if this comes out, it wouldn't be all that surprising. And if this were the case, well, I'd know which version to get.

I hope online play on the PC is easy.

Wow, I can't wait to brush up on my Dhalsim skills that I honed back in the day!

Confirmed by Game Informer magazine! Coming to all three systems!

Woo-hoo! I know my 8800GTS can definitely handle this game!
----
----

http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/230b748d-a421-4eae-8a86-6dc0b2ca34db.htm

With a very finite amount of platforms to develop for – it is no surprise Street Fighter IV is making its way to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows-based Personal Computers. Sadly for Wii owners, the console seems to be missing from the current list. No release dates have been hinted at, but from what we have seen, the game is well underway.

In case you have been living under a rock, Street Fighter has been making waves in the fighting game genre for over twenty years now. The newest installment will bring back classic characters such as Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li (and her massive thighs), and Guile. New characters have been created specifically for the latest Street Fighter game, including Crimson Viper – a super-spy of the female persuasion – and El Fuerte – a lucha libre wrestler.

The game will feature stylized 3D characters and environments, but will maintain the classic 2D perspective signature of many early fighting games. With advanced controls and additional special moves, Street Fighter IV boasts a new fighting game experience.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']As long as Capcom doesn't relegate multiplayer with "Games for Windows Live" then this has a potential to turn out well.[/QUOTE]

Considering LP:Colonies is GFW cross-platform and they just went on record to say they are unhappy about how consoles are not under a unified online system, I'd say there's a decent chance it'll require GFW Live.

I imagine if it is running through games for windows its going to have some sort of checks to keep people from cheating.

bread's done
Back