Hellboy, Director's Cut (3 discs) $9, Hellboy Animated Movies + Comics $10 (Wal-Mart

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!
Thanks to dvdtalk.

Wal-Mart has the Hellboy Director's Cut with 3 discs for $9.

512AFWSNRJL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

They also have a "Wal-Mart Exclusive" of Hellboy Blood & Iron and Sword of Storms bundled together with "2 exclusive 32 page Hellboy Comics" for a total of $10.

Don't trust the website. It may differ from in-store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got that 3 disc Hellboy for cheap, about $9, at a Wal-Mart in Eastern Oregon last year. Glad to see they're maintaining it, though.

At my Wal Mart in Marlton, NJ, the animated ones are sitting right next to the movie. It's in the middle of the aisle just outside the electronics zone by a few feet.

They had a few at the Walmart in Saint Louis, MO on West Florissant. I took a picture of the shelf with my crappy cell phone, either I'm the only one in the area that wanted Hellboy (DC) and the animated movies or they kept the Hellboy part on the shelf fully stocked.

Hellboy.jpg

sold out at my walmart:cry:, they had them setup at an endcap with the other superhero movies. Hopefully they get some more in stock.

I can confirm these prices at my local Wal-Mart in Henderson, NC. They had several of each on an endcap with other super hero movies, as rougejedi5 said.

Took a bit of wandering, but finally found the right endcap. Hellboy 2-pack for $10.

Also picked up Daredevil: Director's Cut and Spaceballs: CE (2-disc set) for $4 each. There were other $4 movies, including Elektra: Director's Cut, but I didn't think I could stoop that low.

I went to two Wal-Marts today and found one copy hiding in a shopping cart full of dvds which was lucky since I was just about to leave. I also picked up the 2-disc Spaceballs dvd. And I'm curious if anyone knows how much movie cash is in those Batman Begins dvds which was priced at $5.99.

i was holding out for the blu ray but thats some nice packaging. Does anyone know if these discs have anything the blu ray doesnt?

[quote name='genfuyung']i was holding out for the blu ray but thats some nice packaging. Does anyone know if these discs have anything the blu ray doesnt?[/quote]

Got this from the Hidefdigest review of the Hellboy blu-ray,

"Fans will be disappointed to learn that this Blu-ray edition carries over only a portion of the standard-def extras. Gone is the video commentary from the Director's Cut DVD which featured Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Rupert Evans, and Jeffrey Tambor. Also missing is an audio commentary with composer Marco Beltrami, Branching DVD Comics, a unique Storyboard Track, and Kronen's Lair (a cool how-to-make-a-film featurette hosted by Del Toro)."

[quote name='gameboykid14']Got this from the Hidefdigest review of the Hellboy blu-ray,

"Fans will be disappointed to learn that this Blu-ray edition carries over only a portion of the standard-def extras. Gone is the video commentary from the Director's Cut DVD which featured Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Rupert Evans, and Jeffrey Tambor. Also missing is an audio commentary with composer Marco Beltrami, Branching DVD Comics, a unique Storyboard Track, and Kronen's Lair (a cool how-to-make-a-film featurette hosted by Del Toro)."[/quote]Makes me glad I didn't hold out for the BD :D I usually do, but I know a title like Hellboy, which, although fairly popular, already has a regular BD release (so a Special Edition is a ways off probably), and said Special Edition would be pretty pricey. I'm guessing we won't see a SE for a year at least and then who knows how long 'till it's on a reasonable sale, so $9 is good for me.

Walmart at Secaucus, NJ also had both, but was sold out of Hellboy DC. Still a few Animated Movies left though. hopefully they'll restock this week.

bread's done
Back