Hellboy Sword of Storms/Blood & Iron Blu-Ray $15.99 @ Amazon!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002WM86O6

Both animated Hellboy specials on one Blu-Ray for quite a sweet price, $15.99. The release date is February 2, 2010. Preorder now before the price shoots up to $15 or so. ~ ~

HELLBOY_SWORD_OF_STORMS-6.jpg

DVD covers:

1170842611_hellboydvdnew.jpg
hbbloodiron_3.jpg

EDIT: Price updated. Also this listing for $10.99 may be the same Blu-Ray. The price is better, so perhaps it's worth a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw these through Netflix's instant viewing a year or two ago. They were enjoyable but not memorable. I can't even say I can recall the difference in story between the two right now.

edit: It looks like I rated Sword of Storms with 2 stars on Netflix, and Blood and Iron with three, so I guess that one might be a little better. General ratings from Netflix are 3.6 and 3.7 respectively. IMDB rates it slightly higher too (6.6 vs 7.0)

I liked Blood and Iron better then Sword of Storms, but I did not think either movie was great.
[quote name='mkelehan']I wasn't in love with Sword of Storms. How was Blood and Iron?[/QUOTE]

you would have to pay me to watch anything with Hellboy in it.
but as far as bluray prices go, this seems like a good deal...

Nice. I've been debating about picking these two up on DVD since I have the two live action films on Blu. Now I'll just get this one Blu and be done. :D

[quote name='mkelehan']I wasn't in love with Sword of Storms. How was Blood and Iron?[/QUOTE]

Like some others here, I preferred Blood and Iron to the first one.

that would be a good price for two movies, i wasn't a huge fan of either but the visuals for the 2nd were pretty good tho

Wow, that'd be a heck of a deal even if the titles are regulars in the Blu bargain bin. I wonder how the video quality would be considering that Amazon lists the item as having 1 disc. There are no flipper Blu discs, are there?

Sorry to let you down, but these are the animated movies, Blood & Iron and Sword of Storms.

You'll see under product information that they are by Starz/Anchor Bay and the movies are 75 + 73 ~ 152 minutes long.

It would be too good to be true for a combo pack of both movies less than the MFSR for one of them. Misleading though. I wonder how many returns amazon will be dealing with.

[quote name='blue_volvo']Sorry to let you down, but these are the animated movies, Blood & Iron and Sword of Storms.

You'll see under product information that they are by Starz/Anchor Bay and the movies are 75 + 73 ~ 152 minutes long.

It would be too good to be true for a combo pack of both movies less than the MFSR for one of them. Misleading though. I wonder how many returns amazon will be dealing with.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you're right, I hadn't noticed the studio listing. Thanks for pointing that out!

[quote name='rapsodist']Wow, that'd be a heck of a deal even if the titles are regulars in the Blu bargain bin. I wonder how the video quality would be considering that Amazon lists the item as having 1 disc. There are no flipper Blu discs, are there?[/QUOTE]

From what I understand there are no flipper disc yet. I did hear that Bourne Trilogy is going to be released on Blu as flippers though, so it is possible this is a flipper.

It may be mislabeled though. I ordered Righteous Kill/ Traitor combo from amazon and it list it as one disc on the description, but it actually came as a two disc set.

[quote name='freekufnaytur']From what I understand there are no flipper disc yet. I did hear that Bourne Trilogy is going to be released on Blu as flippers though, so it is possible this is a flipper.

It may be mislabeled though. I ordered Righteous Kill/ Traitor combo from amazon and it list it as one disc on the description, but it actually came as a two disc set.[/QUOTE]

I don't think is a flipper.

I recently bought the Ultimate Avengers Collection which has two movies in a single disc and is not a flipper.

bread's done
Back