Hellgate: London/Flagship Studios Drama Continues

eswat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Two items.

First the source tells us that FSS DID NOT PAY anyone out of their pockets. The 30 days salary line was a load of garbage.

The source also tells us that at FSS founding parties, instead of talking about future gameplay or art, they’d look at luxury car catalogs to see what kind of things they’d get with their money. The source also tells us that individually the brass there weren’t all bad but they played off each others worst traits, ignoring problems, self satisfied and appointing the least qualified to key positions in the company.
http://www.flagshipped.com/2008/08/18/flagshippedcom-has-insider-source

GFW: You've had an interesting last year, to say the least. So, how the hell are you, Bill?

BR: Doing OK, all things considered. Yeah, alive and breathing -- better than the alternative. It's definitely been an interesting six to eight months since the Hellgate launch. Been a lot of things going on since October. Seems like longer than that. I spent a lot of hours in the office, sleeping on the floor, phone calls all across the world, working on stuff....
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=0&cId=3169356

That was a really great interview by Jeff Green. It makes me sad that the magazine is gone because that would of been a kick ass feature in the GFW magazine.

It was an interesting look into game development and starting/maintaining a company. I found the information very pertinent because I am going to college for a Computer Science degree so I can become a programmer, eventually aspiring to starting my own company as well—at least I hope.

Plus, I now understand why Hellgate was as mediocre as I perceived. Before when I was in the beta I just thought this game is not very good and that was it. Now I can see that they were striving for too much. Then they applied their understanding of their mistakes to Mythos—I was in the beta for that as well (thanks mrelusive)—which made Mythos great. Its sad that they couldn't finish it because they really did have something with Mythos.

Yeah, the interview is a good read. But that bit from the "insider source" is sketchy. I really want to hear how Bill himself responds to that. If it's true, it would make sense because bad management is never a good thing.

THat was really interesting. I miss CGW too. Used to be great bathroom reading :).

Its funny about that game though, because as it stands now, at a $20 price point and free online play, I've been having a blast playing it. I picked it up about a week before the studio imploded and besides the occasional bug, I could see myself running through all the content if the servers stay up.

bread's done
Back