Hellgate London is now $19.99 at Target

Yeah It's $19 at Amazon to. Frankly I've been holding out this long I misewell wait for that magical $10 price point, or the collectors to hit $19 or less because It's quite beefy.

Can anyone attest that this game is actually quite playable since It's release? I enjoyed the demo for $10, but most of the reviews make the game sound unplayable.

[quote name='Squarehard']Who even wants to play this now with AoC out @_@[/quote]

People who don't want to pay every month for a game that's essentially a single-player title? o_O Those types of games are boooo-ring. At least with HL, you have a choice to pay to play online.

I know this because I played AoC for a week on my brother's account and gave up on it. I would rather play SpellForce 2.

[quote name='Max_Payne22']I just got Hellgate: London for $19.99 at Target. It isn't a clearance deal, it's a price drop.[/quote]

Is this for the 360? I figured might as well use this $10 off coupon for Target for the last time since its expiring in a few days.

kndy

[quote name='kndy']Is this for the 360? I figured might as well use this $10 off coupon for Target for the last time since its expiring in a few days.
[/quote]

Nope, PC only.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah It's $19 at Amazon to. Frankly I've been holding out this long I misewell wait for that magical $10 price point, or the collectors to hit $19 or less because It's quite beefy.

Can anyone attest that this game is actually quite playable since It's release? I enjoyed the demo for $10, but most of the reviews make the game sound unplayable.[/QUOTE]

I played Hellgate: London way back at the end of December '07 to early January '08, on the MP side. It was quite playable then -- didn't have any framerate issues or anything, with the screen littered with enemies on 1024x768 w/ Medium settings.
(PC I ran it on -- Single-Core P4 3.2 Ghz with HT Tech, 128 MB GeForce 6600 GT, 2 GB RAM).

Bugs....really didn't run into many back then.

Sometimes a quest wouldn't be updated if you finished it, or a portal might be listed as "Forbidden Area" when you already have been granted access to go to that area though you can still enter that area.

One of the worst though was when you couldn't for some reason hop through a portal to the next area you want to go to, which is not good -- as you could get stuck not getting to that area or have to go to another area you don't wanna go to. If no portals in the area would let you enter, signing off and back on solved the problem -- which takes you back to closest "station" (which are like towns in Diablo).

I'm sure it'd be even better now.

For $20, it's worth it.

bread's done
Back