Hell's Kitchen Season 6 - Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed last night's show because my frickin' laptop died (though with a wonderful resolution to it).

Good to see Jimmie didn't get booted.

I take it Joseph is the loudmouthed, confrontational wop?

[quote name='mykevermin']I missed last night's show because my frickin' laptop died (though with a wonderful resolution to it).

Good to see Jimmie didn't get booted.

I take it Joseph is the loudmouthed, confrontational wop?[/QUOTE]

yes, it ended with joseph taking off his chef thing and asking ramsey if he wanted to take it to the parking lot

I love watching Ramsey's shows here and the ones from BBC. I think his US anger is more of producers telling him to be more "firery". Watch a few ep on the BBC of Kitchen Nightmares, or the F word and he's not as angry. Overall JimmyMac should be in for the long haul, unless he fucks up bad, he's playing right be likeable, compatant, and respectful and that will get him to the top 5 easy. Posting from my iPhone so forgive any mistakes.

[quote name='mykevermin']I take it Joseph is the loudmouthed, confrontational wop?[/QUOTE]

Somebody uses "gay" in the wrestling thread and you lost your shit.
Now you are using wop which is a ethnic slur for Italian people

hypocrite

[quote name='mykevermin']Let's malign women, now, too. Classy. Any other groups you want to offend this evening?

Your rationalization is pathetic. It's akin to saying you know three black dudes, so it's cool if you say "$$$$er" and it doesn't offend anyone ever. Take that too-cool-for-school shit to the OTT, where you can join a bunch of other dudes using offensive language to show how cool they are when a simple 'that was fucking stupid' would suffice.

Maybe you can call me "retarded" next and complete the trifecta.[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to come around on JimmieMac. Somehow they managed to find even bigger douchebags than him.

That said I do wish Van knocked Jim the fuck out. He looked like he pissed himself. He's a little bitch, which I suspect is the case with all internet griefers.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']That said I do wish Van knocked Jim the fuck out. He looked like he pissed himself. He's a little bitch, which I suspect is the case with all internet griefers.[/QUOTE]It should give you some consolation that of all the threads on CAG, this is the only one Jimmie cannot post in so he won't be around to "grief" you.

I agree with others that Jim is off to a good start and can place well or even win if he does not mess up. I hope they keep him around till the end if for no other reason than so we can hear more of his comments made to the camera, I love his humor.

[quote name='munch']Hey DoK, why do you want to bone Jimmie so bad?[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, just because I'm a female who enjoys Jimmie's antics means I want to bone him? Jimmie has always been my favorite poster and we've talked several times off the boards as well via IM. Why is it so bad to be excited for a (Interweb) friend who made it onto national television? My fiance is a huge fan of his posts as well and watched the show with me (he wouldn't have watched if Jimmie wasn't on), and my fiance knows that while I hold a lot of respect for Jimmie, I do not want to bone him.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I'm a female who enjoys Jimmie's antics. I want to bone him. Jimmie has always been my favorite poster and we've talked several times off the boards as well via IM. Why is it so bad to be excited for a (Interweb) friend who made it onto national television, I want to bone?[/QUOTE]

fixed

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I'm starting to come around on JimmieMac. Somehow they managed to find even bigger douchebags than him.

That said I do wish Van knocked Jim the fuck out. He looked like he pissed himself. He's a little bitch, which I suspect is the case with all internet griefers.[/QUOTE]

Why would someone throw away their chance to advance their career over such a meaningless argument? Jim isn't a bitch, he is just smart. He is playing the game by making others look like shit while he looks good.

I lulz @ this sudden overflow of jimmie luv. :lol:

I think if he is/was lurking around the forums still, he'd call us out (me included) for joining the cult of personality, but I don't care, I actually do hope he wins or goes very far with this. I've followed the previous seasons before, but now that there's a CAG in there, I have to admit I'm a lot more invested in the show than I ever was.

The show was pretty crazy last night, but as everyone already said Jimmie did great! "Van-licious"...hahahaha yeah right.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Hahaha, just because I'm a female who enjoys Jimmie's antics means I want to bone him? Jimmie has always been my favorite poster and we've talked several times off the boards as well via IM. Why is it so bad to be excited for a (Interweb) friend who made it onto national television? My fiance is a huge fan of his posts as well and watched the show with me (he wouldn't have watched if Jimmie wasn't on), and my fiance knows that while I hold a lot of respect for Jimmie, I do not want to bone him.[/QUOTE]
You have gone far beyond simply enjoying his antics in this thread.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Why would someone throw away their chance to advance their career over such a meaningless argument? Jim isn't a bitch, he is just smart. He is playing the game by making others look like shit while he looks good.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much every moron on the show it seems would throw away their chance to advance their career over a meaningless argument. See: the Douche from Dallas, Joseph....

Yeah i really liked Jimmie here, he's calm, professional, obviously knows how to cook, i think he has a big chance of winning (well he already knows anyway)

You can tell the nuts from the beginning, the ones that you know wont go thru.

I think this year the producers have planted a few non-talented people to stir things up.

Actors/No cooking talent

Melinda(Gone) - From the way she talked in the confessionals it sounded like she was in the wrong profession.
Amanda - First french toast on a TV show then putting fish in the freezer, where does she work Applebees?
Van - He’s made it obvious to me that the producers told him to do his best, hence his “charisma” line.
Joseph - Sous chef, maybe of an old age home in Long Island, NY and he has a lot of aggression from working there.
Lovely - Based on her I need a 20 min break during service makes me suspicious she could fit this list.

I just watched the first two episodes on Hulu, and I think Jimmie's got a chance. The fact that you don't see a whole lot of him means that he's doing the right thing by keeping a low profile and just generally trying not to end up on Ramsay's shit list.

I'm going to try to keep up with the show from here on out. I've always been a fan of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares on BBC, and Hell's Kitchen seems like the same thing with even more incompetent cooks and, consequently, an even more pissed off G. Ramsay.

I'm kind of hoping that Joseph challenges Ramsay to a 1-on-1 soccer match instead of a fistfight. "Come on, Gimpy Knee! Lemme see whatcha got!"

Also, one thing i've noticed this time is that they think they need to be more edgy and HARDCORE. Come on, having Gordon pop up in the smoke? Lame

And then theyre likE ITS INTENSE! YOU HAVE FIGHTS AND PEOPLE SCREAMING AND LIMBS CHOPPED OFF AND AW SHIT ITS NUTS!! ITS LIKE HELLS KITCHEN TO THE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXTREEEEEEEEEEEEME!

[quote name='seen']
Amanda - First french toast on a TV show then putting fish in the freezer, where does she work Applebees?
[/QUOTE]

In all fairness to her, I've seen the same mistake made by very competent people when walking up to a side-by-side in a new kitchen.

But yeah, the french toast was... o_O

^He was passionate about what his diner serves and is most popular(I believe it is a trucker diner so biscuits and gravy go fast!) The producers probably wanted to see how Ramsay would react as he seemed to be like someone who'd be on Kitchen Nightmares.

well they had that Waffle House girl on that one time and she did amazingly well... Ramsay sent her off to culinary school

Well I've had basically no interaction with Jimmie here on CAG, but after watching the show, I'm really proud of him. He conducted himself with strength and respect, and was not afraid to show the proper deference to Chef Ramsay. Doing so caused to him to look more like a real man than that douchebag Joseph, and I am really pleased with him. Not that my opinion matters to him, but hey.....I'm just sayin', good job Jimmie.

He's pretty chill on F Word... also, on a BBC ep of Kitchen Nightmares he gave a sous chef from a restaurant a job at his own restaurant (the restaurant his was supposed to save ended up closing, so he poached this guy he liked).

Well dammit, now I'm hooked on the show again.

Is JimmieMac the guy that was on a CAGcast a while back and made fun of Wombat for liking Oblivion? That was kind of funny (even though I like Oblivion.)

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Entertainment Weekly likes "Jim"

Another thing worth noting: somebody in the comments section mentions CAG and his user name here.[/QUOTE]

Greg Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 10:03 AM EST
You guys think Jim is a nice/quiet guy? Not on the Internet.

Check out www.cheapassgamer.com and search for "JimmieMac". It's him. He can talk smack better than anyone on the show, if given the chance.

Hell of a cook though. I hope he goes the whole way.

:lol: I wonder who posted that.

[quote name='seanr1221']:lol: I wonder who posted that.[/QUOTE]

It's not like it's really a big secret. CAG is proud of him.. he's featured on the main page.

Not the greatest logo in the world, but eh.

JMHK.gif

Also, this historic post told us the future:

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']
Jimmie on hell's kitchen would be the shit.

Chef Gordon Ramsay: THIS PASTA IS AWFUL WHAT WERE YOU THINKING

Jimmie: Never gonna give you up! Never gonna let you down!
[/quote]

[quote name='siderealshift']I'm kind of hoping that Joseph challenges Ramsay to a 1-on-1 soccer match instead of a fistfight. "Come on, Gimpy Knee! Lemme see whatcha got!"[/QUOTE]

You know it's going to end all corny. For real.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I'm starting to come around on JimmieMac. Somehow they managed to find even bigger douchebags than him.

That said I do wish Van knocked Jim the fuck out. He looked like he pissed himself. He's a little bitch, which I suspect is the case with all internet griefers.[/QUOTE]

If you think Jimmie's a douchebag, get a sense of humor.

Van's a ham. I kinda like the big galoot, but as someone alluded to in the thread, b/w him and Joseph, it's HK: Roid Rage Edition. Someone calls them out and they fuckin' assplode. Van acted like a fuckin' chowderhead in the dining room and got called on it. Even got that mincing priss of a host to call him out on it. Dude can't handle criticism, period. Perhaps why they picked him. Embarrassed himself in front of customers, Jim pointed that out, and dude turned into a fuckin' puffer fish. He's all "suck my fuckin' dick, man!"

How are you supposed to react to that? Stand up and fistfight everyone that overreacts to everything every time? Please. Fat lot that's gonna get you in life. As "Jim" said on the show, cat's gonna burn himself out but quick. I still like the guy, but he, and others on the show, have shown in a mere two nights' of service that they can't handle running a line, let alone an entire restaurant on their own.

Here's one that looks a little less like garbage:

Edit: Fixing....

JimmieMac6copy.png

Edit: Finally.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's Great about JimmieMac, i wish that bastard the best!! LOL good luck pal. hope he kick's some hell's kitchen a$$!!!

Just watched the show for the first time (watched both on Hulu) since me and Jimmie played XBL games together, and I'm hooked.

Jimmy and Kevin are by far the best of the men. The one girl that is kinda bitchy (Sharon or something like that) seems the best of the women. I like Amanda too, not totally sure why.

Jimmie is awesome. I remember watching his video from the Xbox 360 launch where everyone stood out in the rain and he just had a casual breakfast and then went a stood in line in the parking garage at Target.

Also, when I had "girl" problems him and CheapyD talked to me over LIVE while playing DOA4. He may come off as a dick (to some here because of his wit) but he is really a cool guy and most people wouldn't go out of there way to help a complete stranger like he did. JimmieMac rocks. Who knew he was actually a talented chef as well.

Also, my nickname, "No Pussy McNeverSexes" was given to me by him, lol.

Tennille should have questioned the woman and brought this up to Ramsay; who said she was pregnant with the undercooked Shrimp. I could swear if you are pregnant, you are supposed to avoid shellfish...

Also to add about Van being a plant(from producers), it is a common rule not to run in the dinning room at a restaurant...Something which he apparently could not understand.

^I believe doctors do still suggest not to eat shellfish as they eat plankton which sometimes produce neurotoxins that could be dangerous to the fetus.

Tennille already did, they just didn't really show it. You could tell she'd been crying in confessional before dinner service started and she'd been assigned to interacting with the customers.
I think the producers edited that way as in the previews they show her getting into a heated argument with Ramsay and says something like "you can give it, but you can't take it!" After that point I'm guessing she's going to MAKE IT RAIN!!!

..Tears that is.

Back to my list of producer plants, Ramsay seems partly in on it and has an idea of what makes good TV. Heck last season he treated Lacey like she'd actually have some talent; haha.

Jimmie... I'm so glad you made the show. I used to love Hell's Kitchen, but the idiots they've been putting on the show who can't cook, really ruin it for me. Why don't they choose people with talent is beyond me. Anyways, it looks like this season, some of the contestants seem up to the challenge, plus it's nice to actually have someone to root for! My wife was getting annoyed because everytime you were on the screen or said something funny, I was screaming for ya.

Congrats man, I hope something good comes out of this for you!

[quote name='Gentlegamer']I think that goes for everyone. Who is safe to eat raw shrimp?[/QUOTE]

Live shrimp are eaten in parts of China. Quite a delicacy, I hear.

[quote name='mykevermin']Live shrimp are eaten in parts of China. Quite a delicacy, I hear.[/QUOTE]

they have it in sushi too

amai ebi / sweet shrimp (not sure on teh translation)

Where the sushi chef kills the shrimp on the spot and serves it to ya cleaned over sushi rice. lol sometimes the thingie still moves after being gutted and beheaded.

They also fry up the heads and bring them back to you, some people eat the fried head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back