Hell's Kitchen Season 6 - Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='rabbitt']They really have been showing a lot of smoking. Glad I'm not the only one that found it strange.[/QUOTE]

They do that every year. For some reason, these guys and gals smoke like trains based on their portrayal each year.

[quote name='lordopus99']They do that every year. For some reason, these guys and gals smoke like trains based on their portrayal each year.[/QUOTE]

If this seems uncommon to you, you've never worked in a kitchen.

[quote name='phoenix529']it was nearly all of the girls and none of the guys.[/QUOTE]

I think I saw them show a clip of Dave smoking.

Speaking of Dave, I'm sick of them playing up his thumb injury. I've had that injury on my non-dominant hand. Is it hard to play video games? Absolutely. Is it hard to put a frozen chicken pot pie in the oven? fuck no. I'm certainly no chef but I do cook quite a bit, never had a problem with the mis en place or the cooking...the cleaning, that's a different matter. He's obviously managing in the kitchen well enough, they need to stop showing how "tough" he is.

/tk

Just thought I'd get a discussion goin that doesn't only take place once a week. I just became addicted to Hell's Kitchen last week, and I can't get enough, so I'm catching up on Seasons 4 and 5 on Hulu. I don't wanna discuss anything that'll spoil it for me, but what did you guys think about Matty's faces from Season 4? Is he not the goofiest looking dood ever?

Untitled-1.gif

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Wouldn't smoking dull the palette or alter the taste of things?[/QUOTE]

I've asked this exact thing on another forum. I've been told that as a non-smoker, I'll never understand, but that the fast pace and high stress-level of working in a kitchen/being a chef can only be eased by smoking.

I've also heard that many "factory workers" (someone else's words, not mine) smoke for a change of pace.

I dunno, I work in an industry that is pretty damn high-stress and fairly fast-paced, where we do indeed have people who work on the floor building/putting together our stuff, and nowhere near as many of them seem to smoke (in terms of %) as do chefs (having watched HK, Top Chef, Food Network stuff, etc).

Strikes me as odd, too, but as long as the chef makes food I like, I guess that's what matters..

/tk

i had a friend who worked as a cook and started smoking to be able to take smoke breaks, otherwise all the smokers would take more breaks them him overall.

Yea, I've paid attention to who smokes and doesn't (since that is all they show when they arent cooking) and every single person this season and I think all but one last season smoke. And also, I find that Hells Kitchen has a lot of trashy people. Like the HK agency travels around to trailer parks and finds the best "cooks" from each trailer and brings them on the show.

Seriously the past two seasons haven't had ONE attractive chick. What's the deal?

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i had a friend who worked as a cook and started smoking to be able to take smoke breaks, otherwise all the smokers would take more breaks them him overall.[/QUOTE]

In my various jobs I've always found that to be amusing. The people smoking can waste time for 15 minutes and get away with it and hell most times the manager(s) will be join them .. but if you just sit and relax for 5 minutes or check something on the computer for a minute or two you get yelled at.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, I've paid attention to who smokes and doesn't (since that is all they show when they arent cooking) and every single person this season and I think all but one last season smoke. [/QUOTE]

I dont think Amanda has smoked... Does Robert eating a entire smoked ham count? If not, I dont think he does...

[quote name='phoenix529']And what the fuck is with her eyebrows?[/QUOTE]I really hope they stop doing close-ups on her, because that bugs me every time.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, I've paid attention to who smokes and doesn't (since that is all they show when they arent cooking) and every single person this season and I think all but one last season smoke. And also, I find that Hells Kitchen has a lot of trashy people. Like the HK agency travels around to trailer parks and finds the best "cooks" from each trailer and brings them on the show.

Seriously the past two seasons haven't had ONE attractive chick. What's the deal?[/QUOTE]

Lower your standards, there have been some decent looking gals on HK. The problem is that these shows show the worst of everyone, so if a gal is just decent looking their personality is usually a big turnoff. On top of that we hold such high standards for what we consider attractive if they are on TV.

[quote name='spoo']Lower your standards, there have been some decent looking gals on HK. The problem is that these shows show the worst of everyone, so if a gal is just decent looking their personality is usually a big turnoff. On top of that we hold such high standards for what we consider attractive if they are on TV.[/QUOTE]
I think Ariel is hot. Amanda is pretty cute too.

They're cooks.

Ever seen a good looking chef before? I mean good looking in your over-heightened "hot" standards. Nobody in a kitchen looks ready for the pages of Maxim. But you'd still fuck 'em in the dry stock.

Sharp knees indeed, y'all. Ain't nobody lookin' sexy in gravy-covered chef's whites.

Wow, everyone loves to talk some serious shit about people, who are on tv, without knowing anything about them.

[quote name='J7.']Wow, everyone loves to talk some serious shit about people, who are on tv, without knowing anything about them.[/QUOTE]

Just figuring this out now?

[quote name='J7.']Wow, everyone loves to talk some serious shit about people, who are on tv, without knowing anything about them.[/QUOTE]
honestly this is the only reason to watch reality tv for me.

[quote name='Magus8472']Just figuring this out now?[/QUOTE]
It's just unfortunate how people are judged so harshly when there is anonymity on the internet. Isn't wasn't "wow" this is surprising, it was "wow" this is depressing. It's like this is how everyone would be treated in person as long as those doing it could get away with it.

[quote name='J7.']It's just unfortunate how people are judged so harshly when there is anonymity on the internet. Isn't wasn't "wow" this is surprising, it was "wow" this is depressing. It's like this is how everyone would be treated in person as long as those doing it could get away with it.[/QUOTE]

Hey guy, welcome to the internet.

[quote name='J7.']It's just unfortunate how people are judged so harshly when there is anonymity on the internet. Isn't wasn't "wow" this is surprising, it was "wow" this is depressing. It's like this is how everyone would be treated in person as long as those doing it could get away with it.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to guess that you haven't seen the show. It's terrible. I mean it is a really really terrible show. It's not setup to teach us how to cook, or become better people, or to love one another, and bring peace to earth. It's an hour of people screaming at each other in a fake scenario of zero relevance to reality. It's setup with every intention for us to pick our favorites and talk tons of shit about everyone else.

[quote name='Trakan']Hey guy, welcome to the internet.[/QUOTE]
Like I said, wasn't "wow" this is surprising, it was "wow" this is depressing.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I'm going to guess that you haven't seen the show. It's terrible. I mean it is a really really terrible show. It's not setup to teach us how to cook, or become better people, or to love one another, and bring peace to earth. It's an hour of people screaming at each other in a fake scenario of zero relevance to reality. It's setup with every intention for us to pick our favorites and talk tons of shit about everyone else.[/QUOTE]
Nah, I like watching the show. I just don't feel a need to talk shit about the people on it nor any other show for that matter unless they treated other people like shit or hurt them. The only people I really talk shit about are politicians, the mass media, & Activision. The only favorite I have is the one who does the best job but isn't cocky about it. Not sure who that is yet.

Well, if it isn't the man himself in the flesh. Enjoy watchin you cook, buddy. Keep it up out there. (Yeah I know it's over, but I hope you did well and all is sweet with Tek).

[quote name='zewone']Andy is gay? I mean, I thought he was, but he never came out and said that, right?[/QUOTE]

If he isn't, then he should be. Jesus Christ he comes off flamin', IMO

Andy's a big time chef in Boston, even before the show. He's ranked 10th in the country in BBQ cook offs and has written two books. I watch the show at his restaurant every week and he comes off like that because he's on Tremont street in Boston, which is the main route on the Gay Pride parade and most of his staff is gay, so that comes across a little bit on camera because he's surrounded by it. Like how all the white kids come across black because of the MTV.

Idk if Tek should have been able to say this in the interview...but in the last question

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: What is in your future, when it comes to cooking?
A. Tek: The show really helped maintain the flames of passion I have for cooking. I want to open a place with Jim.

Looks like Jimmie doesn't win then...

[quote name='jakescape53']Idk if Tek should have been able to say this in the interview...but in the last question

A. Tek: The show really helped maintain the flames of passion I have for cooking. I want to open a place with Jim.

Looks like Jimmie doesn't win then...[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing...

:whistle2:|

[quote name='jakescape53']Idk if Tek should have been able to say this in the interview...but in the last question

[/QUOTE]
I know nothing is concrete, but could you please spoiler tag that stuff for those of us who didn't actually read the article that closely.

:whistle2:(

Looks like Jimmie doesn't win then...[/QUOTE]
or it could mean he did win and that's why she's bangin' him....
but probably not.

A. Tek: The show really helped maintain the flames of passion I have for cooking. I want to open a place with Jim.[/QUOTE]Sounds like Tek already opens a place for Jim, ifyouknowwhatimean . . .

[quote name='JimmieMac']And if they did break up and I did bang her, Tek would help.[/QUOTE]

So...tell me....what else does Tek have pierced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back