Hell's Kitchen Season 6 - Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JimmieMac']The editing isn't that bad. As for me, I think it's all pretty spot on. BUT, for people to believe that no risotto went out for 90 minutes when it takes 4 minutes to cook, that's just nuts to me.[/QUOTE]

Without getting yourself sued into oblivion, what percent of risottos were unacceptable during those 90 minutes?

Were there 5 bad out of 90?

Were there 9 bad out of 10?

You weren't crying like Tenille, but were you bringing the dinner service to a stop for your kitchen?

[quote name='mykevermin']NEXT WEEK ON HELL'S KITCHEN:

Kevin: "hey, dude, can you grab me some ramekins?"
Van: "sure."

Ramsay: "Andy, give me an all day."
Andy: "Two salmon, one scallop, three halibut, and a walleye on the fly."
Ramsay: "..."

Jean-Phillippe: "Chef, I need to talk to you."
Ramsay: "Cor fuck Blimey Donkey Twat, what is it now?"
JP: "The customers at table 27 truly enjoyed their king prawns."

ALL THAT AND MORE ON NEXT WEEK'S SHOCKING CONTINUATION...[/QUOTE]

Not disagreeing with that, but Petrozza was a really great guy, and only kindness came out of him. He came in second on season 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Petrozza was watchable. He had some tantrums and panics during that season if memory serves.

Jim's failure, it appears, was that he prepared for a cooking competition and not a reality show. His stoicism made him stand out, but not in a good way. People want to watch and bitch about Tennille and Matt and Robert - not Jim.

Yeah, ridiculous call on Ramsey's part. Andy was easily the weakest link on the team. Also, what is the point of having your team elect people to get kicked off, only to have Ramsey override you? I can understand if it was an obviously biased nomination, but in this case it was clear that Andy has not been able to keep it together on virtually *any* of the services.

Although, I think Kevin is going to be the one to beat in the end.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Without getting yourself sued into oblivion, what percent of risottos were unacceptable during those 90 minutes?

Were there 5 bad out of 90?

Were there 9 bad out of 10?

You weren't crying like Tenille, but were you bringing the dinner service to a stop for your kitchen?[/QUOTE]

Reading comprehension.

[quote name='mykevermin']Petrozza was watchable. He had some tantrums and panics during that season if memory serves.[/QUOTE]

I was actually rooting for Petrozza to win. I liked his unique cooking styles that were not the cookie-cutter "top chef" standard. Plus he was sloppy, and hey can't the sloppy guy win for once? :)

By the way, whose brilliant idea was it to have Robert bike up a hill in some odd contraption holding a bunch of people when he had a heart condition? Are they trying to kill him for drama's sake?

[quote name='Ruined']Also, what is the point of having your team elect people to get kicked off, only to have Ramsey override you? I can understand if it was an obviously biased nomination, but in this case it was clear that Andy has not been able to keep it together on virtually *any* of the services.[/QUOTE]Ramsay has occasionally bypassed the the nominees in past seasons, so there's precedent for it at least.

I should have started reading this thread when the show started. Sucks that Jim got kicked off, but like he said, nothing he did on there is going to make future employers think he's a liability to hire.

I just want to know if some of the people they have on there in the beginning have ever cooked in their life or are just actors they weave in to keep it interesting at the start.

So Jim, on the episode where for the challenge you had to case up some sausage, and you weren't making it happen, why didn't you and Robert trade places?

I would think that Robert handling some sausage with his sausage fingers would have worked out nicely.

Also, on the topic of being fat. A friend of mine who is making his way into the culinary field told me that being fat and smoking were two things in the culinary world that count against you. Fat, because it shows you have no self-control and smoking because it ruins your sense of taste. I only ask because Robert is absolutely ginormous and all the girls are smoking like chimneys when they deliberate after service. So are those two things actually important?

Also, give us your opinion on Tennile. I think she is the biggest idiot on the show and they go to her for commentary more often than any other member on the cast. I cringe every time her ugly mug comes on the screen to narrate the situation.

We did switch place.

I could beat any non-smoker here in a blind taste test. No doubt.

Tennille is the shit and I'm happy we're still friends.

I have no doubt Jim got a raw deal due to reality tv, but at the same time, everyone bashing other people need to realize something. The other contestants are most likely getting the same kind of treatment for ratings. Jim saying most of these people are cool only solidifies that.

[quote name='JimmieMac']
Tennille is the shit and I'm happy we're still friends.[/QUOTE]

At first I must say the producers portrayed her to be annoying. Over the past 2 episodes it appears she can cook better then most of her team. Also I don't blame her for getting mad at Gordon for being disrespectful, but then again you should be prepared as he is known for it and its TV.

And yes Ramsay didn't like Jim as he didn't make for good TV while on the line compared to Van. I can believe how obsessed he sounded over those damn soba noodles which helped setup failure. JimmieMac I don't understand why you let the plate go looking so small. Also wouldn't it have made more sense for you to make 1 dish and Van make 1 dish then pick the better one? Finally how did you keep failing at the risotto?

Tennille at least appears to have improved in her skills over the past few episodes. Questionable portion sizes was all Ramsay could get out of her? Really? He kind of deserved the meltdown she gave him IMO. She obviously has some issues controlling her emotions but I think she has a good heart. Give her a few years to calm down and mellow out and she'll be one to be feared.

Tennille= annoying bitch queen/drama = good for ratings = she stays on

you are ignorant if you think the show truly keep contestants based off cooking merit

I could kind of tell something was coming when they tried to make Jim look slow and lazy (with the silly music) in the previous few episodes.

At least he came out of it looking reasonably good, a lot of contestants look completely unemployable. Even a phony title at the Araxi Restaurant and Bar in Whistler, British Columbia won't make up for that.

Jim, about the Hell's Kitchen risotto, is it a particularly hard risotto to pull off? You see many hit or miss risottos on the show, so I'm curious if Ramsay is very particular or it's an uncommon recipe or the HK chefs are just not up to making risotto.

It sucked to see you go in the latest episode Jim, I was hoping you'd stay on longer. Congratulations on making it as far as you did, I know I'd never make it anywhere in a competition like this, so it's a testament to how good a chef you actually are.

Justed watched the latest episode on Hulu like everyone else in this forum, I was stunned to see Jim leave. Jim, you were my favorite person on the show. Even if I didn't know what a CAG was, I'm sure you would be the guy I'd be rooting for. Most of the other characters are just too bland or annoying, so I think I'm going to stop watching now. Good job Jim, I bet you're a kick ass chef.

[quote name='Ruined']By the way, whose brilliant idea was it to have Robert bike up a hill in some odd contraption holding a bunch of people when he had a heart condition? Are they trying to kill him for drama's sake?[/QUOTE]
That was fucked up that they did that probably on purpose to cause drama while also evening out the teams. Hopefully it will give Robert a reality check to make some changes though.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Much like when I started the show I had no real idea what goes on, but I also had no idea there were as many people as there are that believe that everything they see is real. That's almost as mind blowing as how the whole show gets put together.

It's TV kids, you're putting on a show. Some times things go your way, other times they don't.[/QUOTE]
Stop calling everyone kids! ;) You even did it on the show. Sorry, that just irritates me. Anyways I was shocked you were voted off, I guess that really shows how its about ratings. I thought for sure Andy was gone. What's your favorite dish to make?

Tennille won't win, you want to know why? Petrozza was obviously the qualified chef last season, but Christina won. Why? Because Christina showed potential tp Ramsey

Another piece of bullshit is that gordon said he doesnt care about requirements but about palette, so whats this BS about passion?

So no one over 30 will ever be chosen, or someone that looks like theyre aging
Ariel is my guess

Finally caught up to the last episode, sorry to see Jim leave. Andy has been having trouble though, he wont stay long. I cant believe Andy brought up Robert though, and the men's team got into it too. I mean, its not the first time in the show, or even this season where someone has left for medical reasons.

[quote name='Link927']Finally caught up to the last episode, sorry to see Jim leave. Andy has been having trouble though, he wont stay long. I cant believe Andy brought up Robert though, and the men's team got into it too. I mean, its not the first time in the show, or even this season where someone has left for medical reasons.[/QUOTE]

It's the first time someone missed a service though, and the fact that he has had to leave the show before for medical reasons is enough to make anyone sick.

Plus I'd do the same. Andy owned up to it and even said it's a competition and he's going to do what he can to stay. So he mentioned Robert. Robert would have done the same thing.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']It's the first time someone missed a service though, and the fact that he has had to leave the show before for medical reasons is enough to make anyone sick.

Plus I'd do the same. Andy owned up to it and even said it's a competition and he's going to do what he can to stay. So he mentioned Robert. Robert would have done the same thing.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q86fT7IqpsQ&feature=PlayList&p=78614E3B5C97FDB8&index=4

Around the 4:00 mark.

I doubt Robert would have done the same thing.

Robert is the shit...but Kevin's going to win this one. He is hands down the best on either team.

Jimmy: Do you actually get to spend time with Scott? He is my absolute favorite person on the show. He looks like a badass and can stand toe-to-toe with Ramsay when dishing the cursing. Also, did Heather actually have a role over in the woman's kitchen? She just appears every episode for 30 seconds or so...

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Is it just me or did Robert gain weight since last season?[/QUOTE]

Maybe.

Then again, a tent looks bigger when you spread it out. Maybe some of his fat rolls came unpinned.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Is it just me or did Robert gain weight since last season?[/QUOTE]
I think you're right. That's crazy. He almost dies... and then gets fatter!

I think he gained about as much as you weigh. :lol:

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']It's the first time someone missed a service though, and the fact that he has had to leave the show before for medical reasons is enough to make anyone sick.

Plus I'd do the same. Andy owned up to it and even said it's a competition and he's going to do what he can to stay. So he mentioned Robert. Robert would have done the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Yes, its cutthroat, but at the same time, you gotta have some sort of respect and honor for your teammates. Its not like he walked off, he was in dire need of medical attention. You have to watch your back, especially in this game, but at the same time, there are some sort of morals, you dont go screwing around with your teammate's food, and you shouldnt nominate your teammate who could be potentially dying. He knew when to step down last season and if he has to, he might just step out again.

Sucks to see Jimmie get voted out but I actually like the show. I'll be watching the rest of the season. I'm sick of Whoopi she can leave any week now.

:lol: at that fucking bike.

I'm not surprised at the reason for which Jimmie was kicked off. A laid-back person, like Jimmie, will always come off as uncaring and lacking drive/urgency to a high-energy and intense person, like Ramsey. I'm sure in Jimmy's mind he was busting his ass and getting things done but Ramsey's POV was different.

Jim, one important question before I start to ramble, where do you work now that you're off the show?

Cheapy mentioned that you are in a relationship with Tek and that he may be seeing you in NYC so I'm assuming you may be working somewhere there. The reason I ask is cause I live up in Boston but would love to come down and eat at a restaurant you might be cooking at.

Like others have said, even if I hadn't known you were a CAG I would have rooted for you. I don't like over dramatic, psychotic, or weak people. I'm very similar to the way you portrayed yourself on the show and I feel I would have acted the same way too, just relax and do your job. If most of the people on the show are really as tense or high strung as they seem then they all are going to have heart attacks right along with poor Robert. I believed your calm, low profile attitude would carry you pretty far into the season and then when it came down to actual cooking skill between the remaining few you would prove yourself there. Obviously, as you have said, there are certain other factors when dealing with "reality" tv. I'm sad that you were kicked off but I probably will watch the rest of this season to see who Chef Ramsey felt was actually better than you. I am guessing that Kevin is going to win.

In the end you did an excellent job and were enjoyable to watch, not everyone is looking to watch lunatics scream at each other.

I hope you are still cooking professionally (or will be soon) and if it happens to be somewhere I could travel to I would love to come taste your food and shake your hand.

Bah. This show is dead to me now. They only canned Jimmie because he didn't display enough "personality." No explode before the a la mode, so to speak.

Hats off Jimmie.

[quote name='Ryvvn']Jim, one important question before I start to ramble, where do you work now that you're off the show?
[/QUOTE]
CR Sparks apparently, but he said he's leaving in some interview.

Gotta agree with the others. The only reason I watched was for Jimmie and now that he's gone, I can't put up with how LOUD the show is. I'll stick with Top Chef.

/tk

[quote name='dubbfoolio']CR Sparks apparently, but he said he's leaving in some interview.[/QUOTE]

At least Chef Ramsay had something good to say about him in the end.

“(Jim’s) a very focused, hardworking individual that is incredibly talented, and, more importantly, a great thinker,” Ramsay said. “When – you’ll have to excuse the expression – when the s – - hits the fan, and things start to get slightly pear-shaped, Jim was very composed.

“Someone that was water off a duck’s back in terms of his posture, his attitudes – we’ll say professional – and, more importantly, he’s the kind of guy you want on board when it gets a little bit pressurized there; so very calm, very deep in terms of a thinker and a very creative individual. To a normal person watching him at home, he’d come across a little bit petulant, a little bit moody, but there’s a great thinker behind that face and, more importantly, a very, very, very serious chef.”

He got booted pretty hardcore. Ramsay called Jim out, when he wasn't even nominated. Anyways, courageous just to be on that show; Ramsay seems vicious. That show is all about breaking people - which is why I like it.

Ramsay just pissed off that he couldn't break or even crack Jimmie, but we all know that Jimmie didn't get eliminated because he couldn't cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back