Help a girl out. Bloody Roar Extreme, Ninja Gaiden Black, more.

guinaevere

CAGiversary!
Feedback
114 (100%)
Cleaning out the collection, and I threw a few sought after xbox games up on eBay. (all my listings)

Bloody Roar Extreme complete.

Dai Senryaku VII complete.

Halo 2 map pack sealed. sold.

KotoR II complete. sold.

Ninja Gaiden Black complete.

I also have a complete Limited Edition of Driver Parallel Lines, but haven't listed this yet. It's heavy and big, I'm probably going to ship in a flat rate priority box. If any of you buy anything, let me know and I'll refund $2 per item.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like your motherboard died out on you. I had that happen to one of my computers, would power on but nothing would appear. Good luck with your auctions.

Kendro, you're so right. Maybe I should sell the movie rights to this tragedy.

[quote name='Thongsy']Sounds like your motherboard died out on you. I had that happen to one of my computers, would power on but nothing would appear. Good luck with your auctions.[/quote]Harsh. I'm thoroughly convinced that this house is the bermuda triangle of magnetic waves. Since moving here a few years back, my old trusty self-made pc blew up two monitors. And the alienware tower aced off three videocards.

Then the area 51-M laptop... I've got the invoice and documentation right here. Delivered on 9/8/04. Dude, what the heck? Either I'm giving off some sort of wierd magnetic waves or the house is.

Ooooooooooooorrr... is that a black helicopter I hear flying over head?

The laptop has peaked my curiousity. I have to ask: does the fan in the laptop work when you power it on? If it doesn't, then I agree with Thongsy--it's probably the motherboard.

Do you use surge protectors? Your house might have crappy power. That could be why your electronics keep dying on you.

[quote name='gunm']The laptop has peaked my curiousity. I have to ask: does the fan in the laptop work when you power it on? If it doesn't, then I agree with Thongsy--it's probably the motherboard.[/quote]Hadn't thought of mentioning that, thanks for the question. Yes, the fan starts up. Basically, you hear the fan and see the power button light up. Dat's it. =\

Do you use surge protectors? Your house might have crappy power. That could be why your electronics keep dying on you.
I use a surge protector on just about everything but the toaster in this house.

[quote name='guinaevere']Hadn't thought of mentioning that, thanks for the question. Yes, the fan starts up. Basically, you hear the fan and see the power button light up. Dat's it. =\

I use a surge protector on just about everything but the toaster in this house.[/quote]

HDD sounds like it's spinning up? If so, did you try using the laptop's video out to a monitor? My wife's laptop screen went dead (just now!), but it's usable with an external monitor.

[quote name='gunm']HDD sounds like it's spinning up? If so, did you try using the laptop's video out to a monitor? My wife's laptop screen went dead (just now!), but it's usable with an external monitor.[/quote]Yeah, infact I took the hard disc drive out to make sure all the game saves and files and all that were still there. So now I use that as an external drive. (as I mention, the HDD isn't included.)

I didn't think to try the video out. And as the harddrive is currently being borrrowed by my big brother in Phoenix (don't ask... I'll be getting it back at the end of February), it'd be kinda hard to test. >_

mayne its just a dead lcd, have you hooked it up to any external monitor, sorry if someone asked that before me

=) That's what Gun and I were just discussing. No, I hadn't hooked it up to another screen to test that, and at the moment, I'm not able to. See one post above yours.

Been online a bit longer than most people too. Back when there was nothing but usenet for the common man. blarf.

But not as long as my friend Mark from 20+ years ago. Remember that early scene in WarGames with the handset modem dialing? He used to hook up and talk geek issues with Douglas Adams that way. I thought that was the coolest thing.

I would try to hook it up to a monitor before selling it. If its a problem with the monitor its pretty easy to fix. Could be as simple as a loose cable.

I really should have done that, Brian. No doubt. I've since gotten new laptops to replace it, and my older brother took the harddrive with him to phoenix to copy over a bunch of files to his pc.

So at the moment I don't have the Area 51's harddrive to put back into the notebook to test, and I don't feel like taking the hds out of the working laptops to troubleshoot. Definately might have been costly oversight on my part. But truth be told, I'm happy with what I have now and if this winds up helping someone out, that's great too.
wooper.gif

Though I'm more inclined to believe it's a mobo issue than a simple cable. That's just more the way things go for me. When something of mine develops a problem, it's almost always a big fix.

Wow Sad that about the laptop but I think you could at least get to bios with out a HD. Sorry not really sure but if you have the time it may help your auction.

[quote name='guinaevere']Been online a bit longer than most people too. Back when there was nothing but usenet for the common man. blarf.

But not as long as my friend Mark from 20+ years ago. Remember that early scene in WarGames with the handset modem dialing? He used to hook up and talk geek issues with Douglas Adams that way. I thought that was the coolest thing.[/QUOTE]

Well I used to do that too, except for the Douglas Adams part. Although I did meet him in a bookstore and get some books signed when I was in high school ;). I used to play RPG's by logging into one user at a time bulletin boards (BBS's) using my 300 baud handset modem on my TRS-80 Color Computer. Yes, I've come a long way since then ;).

Don't you just love completely off-topic bumps for your auctions (someone has to fill in for Shrike)!

[quote name='guinaevere']So at the moment I don't have the Area 51's harddrive to put back into the notebook to test, and I don't feel like taking the hds out of the working laptops to troubleshoot.[/QUOTE]

I dont know how Area 51 laptops are setup but Im assuming they are the same as your normal PC..which means you can test your external video out w/o needing your HDD. It should still boot up and look at the BIOS w/o the HDD, correct me if Im wrong.

[quote name='io']I used to play RPG's by logging into one user at a time bulletin boards (BBS's) using my 300 baud handset modem on my TRS-80 Color Computer. Yes, I've come a long way since then ;).[/quote]1. Sweet set up you had there, io. 2. long live the bbs. 3. I think we all have.

Don't you just love completely off-topic bumps for your auctions (someone has to fill in for Shrike)!
haHA! Only I feel the spark is gone between us. He no longer bumps me the way he used to.
I can't believe I said that.

I'll dig around for cables to see if I have any for hooking up to another monitor. But I think it's the mobo or processor.

not really surprised that the lappy died. i have the same one... same colour too, and it's a piece of junk.

[quote name='guinaevere']
haHA! Only I feel the spark is gone between us. He no longer bumps me the way he used to.
I can't believe I said that.

[/QUOTE]

Must. Resist. Urge to make comment about bumping... Must... oh well...

I had the same problem with my alienware. The screen went black and it wouldn't boot. I shipped it in and they "found nothing wrong". I got it back and tore it apart. I found out one of the RAM slots on the motherboard was dying.

I sent it back with a big note detailing the issue and how to fix it and even then it took them like 2 months to get it back to me. It's really no wonder they sold out to Dell, although, they should have gone to HP. :puke:

Storamin thanks for the uh, support?

I can't say that it's junk. It played half-life 2 sooooo nicely at max settings. Not the most recent of benchmark games, but the most recent pc game I was concerned with playing. (Looking back at the Alienware test documentation, it pushed out Unreal at 54.2/fps and 121.8/fps. For a 2004 pc laptop thats fairly impressive.)

i have the same one... same colour too
I'm guessing you had the same model but perhaps a different configuration.

[quote name='Kayden']I had the same problem with my alienware. The screen went black and it wouldn't boot. I shipped it in and they "found nothing wrong". I got it back and tore it apart. I found out one of the RAM slots on the motherboard was dying.

I sent it back with a big note detailing the issue and how to fix it and even then it took them like 2 months to get it back to me.[/quote]Good gosh! Found nothing wrong?!? Alienware Repair now staffed by blind sea turtles. :roll:

It's really no wonder they sold out to Dell, although, they should have gone to HP.
Out of curiosity, was this while they were still Alienware, or after they were taken over by Dell?

And I'm with you on HP. Both my new notebooks are HPs and I'm nothing but impressed with them, especially considering they're $3000 cheaper than the Area 51-M was.

io, you're a gentleman.

Mine was the model just before yours. Dell just bought them... oh within the past 6 months or so.

As for HP... :lol: I meant they're even worse. I bought 3 HPs in a row that all had some kind of problem. My other PC is an HP, but it only has two stock components: the motherboard and the floppy drive. Everything else has been upgraded. I've never really cared for their PCs, but their laser printers are pretty awesome (inkjet are trash, any brand).

Since we're on the topic of PC vendors, I'll pass on this lil token. Avoid Gateway at all costs. While only about 1% of our monthly sales are Gateway, they account for around 40% of our warranty/repair work.

Good gosh! Found nothing wrong?!? Alienware Repair now staffed by blind sea turtles. :roll:

Out of curiosity, was this while they were still Alienware, or after they were taken over by Dell?

And I'm with you on HP. Both my new notebooks are HPs and I'm nothing but impressed with them, especially considering they're $3000 cheaper than the Area 51-M was.

io, you're a gentleman.[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']Mine was the model just before yours. Dell just bought them... oh within the past 6 months or so.[/quote]Coulda sworn they sold their company a while ago (meaning more than six months ago). Wonder what I was thinking.

As for HP... :lol: I meant they're even worse. I bought 3 HPs in a row that all had some kind of problem.
Ach, don't say that. #-o:joystick:

Okay back to auction talk.

I've got an offer for around $300 if I close the auction now. Whaddy'all think? I don't want anyone to pay a lot for this, in case it's an expensive repair. But that's sorta pulling the greedy strings. And judging by the first (and current highbidders) name, the high bidder is a CAG. He's doing me well by bidding, if I pull the auction that'd be wrong I guess.

If he are not wantings your item for the expidient shipped to the childeren for the birthday with grate care to africa, then I'd say sure.

$300 isn't a bad deal either way.

I've got an offer for around $300 if I close the auction now. Whaddy'all think? I don't want anyone to pay a lot for this, in case it's an expensive repair. But that's sorta pulling the greedy strings. And judging by the first (and current highbidders) name, the high bidder is a CAG. He's doing me well by bidding, if I pull the auction that'd be wrong I guess.[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']If he are not wantings your item for the expidient shipped to the childeren for the birthday with grate care to africa, then I'd say sure.[/quote]*snaps* That's where I recognized his name from! He's that prince from Nairobi who wanted me to access his money from a foreign account.

[quote name='Kendro']http://cgi.ebay.com/Broken-Alienware-for-parts-or-to-get-fixed_W0QQitemZ200064499462QQihZ010QQcategoryZ46323QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200064499462

You might get more than $300 considering the above auction.[/quote]

:lol:

It was already 'fixed' once under warranty and then died again. I don't think I could stomach that purchase.

I'm quite curious as to how it had 3 gigs of ram though. I've never seen a laptop with 4 ram slots, so that leaves one 1gig and one 2gig stick. That right there sounds like a problem. Different sizes and probably different speeds and brands...

[quote name='io']Well I used to do that too, except for the Douglas Adams part. Although I did meet him in a bookstore and get some books signed when I was in high school ;). I used to play RPG's by logging into one user at a time bulletin boards (BBS's) using my 300 baud handset modem on my TRS-80 Color Computer. Yes, I've come a long way since then ;).

Don't you just love completely off-topic bumps for your auctions (someone has to fill in for Shrike)![/quote]

Completely Random Rant/Bump

THe good old BBS days. I still have a back up somewhere of my old Renegade BBS I ran for awhile. Does anyone else remember how excited they were to finally get a 14.4 modem?

And just for old times sake TCE - Threatening Couriers Everywhere

[quote name='kjauburn']THe good old BBS days. I still have a back up somewhere of my old Renegade BBS I ran for awhile. [/quote]That's awesome! I cant tell you how many awesome old files I've lost over the years. I have a habit of clearing stuff out in an effort to keep drives neat... only to later regret it.

Does anyone else remember how excited they were to finally get a 14.4 modem?
Preach it, bro. Funny not too long ago I was having a discussion with my Mum explaining what an MP3 is and how it works, and then we inevitably go into a discussion about computers and what processers do and memory and all sorts of stuff. She's not interested in using a computer, but she does listen and ask intelligent questions... anyway when we were talking about OSs she said she remembered how excited me and my brothers were when Windows 95 was coming out, and that she remembered our many fights with 3.1 (not that we haven't had countless battles with windows OSs since then, but it was cool that she remembered).

[quote name='guinaevere']]That's awesome! I cant tell you how many awesome old files I've lost over the years. I have a habit of clearing stuff out in an effort to keep drives neat... only to later regret it.[/quote]

I have thrown quite a bit out of the years as well, but I have quite a few DVD's burnt with old files from old machines and old projects. When I moved a few years back I probably threw out almost a thousand floppies I had in some old IBM comdesk boxes.

Funny thing is I have a sealed Prodigy 1.0 disk sitting in the closet still for kicks.

My bbs is on a dat tape (which I no longer have a drive for nor would I know how to hook one up to my current computer if I did).

I was in highschool when the first IBM PS2 286 with a 20meg hard drive had windows 3.0 installed on it. It had this mouse thing you used to click on stuff to get it to run. What a piece of crap. No one is going to want to use this junk. It's slow, crashes, IRQ conflicts and hogs up most of that precious 640k of main memory. No thanks, keyboard navigation is the future man.

Oh, that Gameboy player will go higher. Now Lost in Blue is all of a sudden hard to find :whistle2:k. I can't keep up with these OOP DS games! I did just find a couple of WarioWare Touched last night though at Kmart. Haven't decided what to do with them yet.

[quote name='io']Oh, that Gameboy player will go higher. [/quote]I hope so, it's at $2.50 right now. =)

Now Lost in Blue is all of a sudden hard to find :whistle2:k. I can't keep up with these OOP DS games!
Seriously. And to be completely honest with you io, the DS titles which are getting bigger money are just blah in my opinion.

I did just find a couple of WarioWare Touched last night though at Kmart. Haven't decided what to do with them yet.
$34.99? Well you've been wanting one for a while right? So definately play one of them. If you decide to keep it, awesome. But this is one of those instances where if you open it and then eBay it, you should be able to get back a full return of your purchase price.

By the way, thanks io again for all the help you provided in my other thread about the N64 titles. I listed them in what I consider to be sensible lots and used the current going prices for BINs. The Collectors Edition OoT & Majora's Mask already sold (yay!!), but the others will probably all wind up auction styles, as I put starting bids at 1¢.

And big thanks to everyone who helped me with the alienware laptop. It went at $460
boogie.gif

Additional thanks to this CAG forum and the helpful links up top, for all the great links and general information shared here. Not only did I wind up with endless UCE "questions" and even a couple phisihing "questions" which was able to report immediately, I found a couple bidders during the auctions progress who I was afraid wouldn't be paying, and I was able to add them to my block list and just keep on top of everything so easily. As crazy as CAG is sometimes, it truly is fantastic to have a community which helps each other.
wooper.gif

I'm watching the TMNT set (I'm such a dork). I heard action figures can be hit or miss when it comes to selling though. I'm interested how this auction goes because I'm contemplating selling some Star Wars figures that are collecting dust in my closet.

They are pretty cool figures, Kendro.

Like I mentioned in the auction I picked them up for nostalgia (not that these are old, but they reminded me of all my TMNT figgers that I had in the 80s) and for the packaging. I really do love the very clean cards that the bubbles are on. A great face with bright colors, and that's about it. That's near to perfect marketing in my mind.

As to the action figure auctions, you're right. I had an auction around mid 2006 with a TON of DC comic figures. Some harder to find JL and JLU, some rare batman figures, and just oddities I've picked up over the years. With the exception of one 12" batman figure (and possibly one other figure, I can't recall), they were all moc/mib. The lot went for around $130 I think. It worked out to about ~$7 a figure.

Not the highest return... in fact looking back it was a tiny loss. But I have way too much stuff and I honestly don't know why I buy and hold on to half of it. At this point I'm wanting to have more room and organization in my house. I hate having to re-organize my garage all the time. And considering how many of my toys are sitting in rubbermaids in the garage, well... I don't even see them! I'd rather pass them along to someone who'd appreciate them. =)

(longest winded bump to date)

bump. GameCube GameBoy Player is going to end in around nine hours and is still only $20. If you've been looking for one, this is still at a CAG price.

By the way, thanks io again for all the help you provided in my other thread about the N64 titles. I listed them in what I consider to be sensible lots and used the current going prices for BINs. The Collectors Edition OoT & Majora's Mask already sold (yay!!), but the others will probably all wind up auction styles, as I put starting bids at 1¢.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, $75 for those two, not bad. I think that right there already justifies breaking them up from a big lot. Some of the others don't look so good right now, but they've got lots of time to get better.

And your GBA player is at $36 now, so approaching respectability ;).

bread's done
Back