Help! Buying a generic LCD HDTV - which one?

xtreme_Zr2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I realize this is not as off topic as others, however Im using Bush's free money\\:D/ to buy a LCD TV for my 360 (I mean, we are supposed to stimulate the economy right?). I currently have a flat screet crt that doesn't even support 480p.

Give me feedback on those who have bought a cheaper LCD TV at Walmart, Besbuy etc. (Dynex, Olevia, etc.) and how it performs. Im only going for about a 32 to 37" so 1080 is not an issue, i just want 720.

Some of the cheapys are going for around 5-600 right now, or I can splurge and buy the 700 dollar Samsung at 32". All help is greatly appreciated.

i'm going through the same thing. i don't want to spend that much.. so i was looking at a 37" vizio. i was looking around on the hdguru.com blog and they pretty much tear into the cheaper brands for their subpar warranties, so now i don't know what i want anymore. 32" is enough for strictly gaming.. i decided on a 37" so i could use it in my living room if i needed to.

[quote name='InuFaye']Look on Slickdeals for a good deal on a good tv.

A shitty HDTV is something you will regret.[/quote]

InuFaye's right: you will regret buying a shitty HDTV. That is, unless you have the money to blow.

I highly recommend Samsung. 1080p, if feasible, would be a good investment - especially for a gamer. Why Samsung? Well, after reading a lot of reviews and websites, and returning comparable Panasonic and Sharp models, I finally found something worth my money: a rather neat 32-inch Samsung LCD HDTV. I based my decision on picture quality, build quality, and options. A focus on options because I really like customization. The lack of customization in electronics is a peeve of mine. But yes, Samsung; go with Samsung.

I have 3 LCD's and am starting to hate them. Each one is a Samsung that has clouding issues. I would buy a Panasonic Plasma if I could go back.

I just saw the "generic" part in the title. In that regard, I can't offer an educated opinion. I'd probably just read through the New Egg reviews.

Chase, is the Samsung you have 720p? 1080p is no where in my price range, and on a tv this small I hear it wont matter anyway. The Samsung I'm talkin about in my first post is I think close to the same one you have, 32", 2 HDMI ports, etc. for the lower 700 range.

I'm looking at LCDs too, and the Samsungs generally get good reviews as far as I can tell. The 720p one seems decent for the money, although I've been looking at the 750 series which is 1080p. Anyone got any experience with these?

I also read about one the other day (was it Panasonic?) that claimed 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio!! Sick.

I have a 32" Westinghouse in my room and a 56" Sony Bravia in the living room and I cant tell a difference in quality (besides it being 24" bigger).

I spotted a 32" Sony Bravia at Sears the other day for $500ish (it might have been an open box or clearance, I really don't remember)...looked like a great TV. I thought about it for a minute, but I have a 37" Vizio that works just fine for me so I passed.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Chase, is the Samsung you have 720p? 1080p is no where in my price range, and on a tv this small I hear it wont matter anyway. The Samsung I'm talkin about in my first post is I think close to the same one you have, 32", 2 HDMI ports, etc. for the lower 700 range.[/quote]

Yep yep, 720p, as 1080p was also out of my price range.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889102127

That one, to be precise. :)

Aight, I think itll definitely be a Samsung, my buddy has the 42" 1080 and it is also remarkable. I don't plan on upgrading too soon so its gonna have to last, and about every review on different websites, newegg, bestbuy, amazon, have Samsungs above 4 stars. Thanks for the input everyone!

bread's done
Back