help for picking a play

charcoalfeather

CAGiversary!
i have to pick and create a scene in a play for one of my classes (stage craft) and i need some ideas for good scenes that are not too difficult but will most likely get me a good grade... please help me

Like how much do you have to do? Do you have to design the whole set, or just make a simple one there on the fly for the class?

it is a final exam grade so it has to look good but also on the cheap side because i am poor.. i dont know... something creative

I'd say something from Phantom of the Opera. The outfits aren't too extravagant, and you could find the Phantom's costume fairly easy and it'd be fun for all, mainly because PotA isn't really a boring play, it interests both men and women.

[quote name='ananag112']Do a scene for Oedipus. Do that scene where he rips out his eyes. That would be great to do up on a stage.[/quote]

i was actually thinking about that but i have to do the set not the people... and that set is pretty basic

[quote name='kaji7p56']Serpico.[/quote]

this aint rushmore kid.

id say go with death of a salesman or something by david mamet.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Shakespere is always good,

scenes from a mid-summer night's dream often lend themselves to interpretation in setup and props.[/quote]

i was thinking about that.. do you have an idea what scene would be best

[quote name='charcoalfeather'][quote name='zionoverfire']Shakespere is always good,

scenes from a mid-summer night's dream often lend themselves to interpretation in setup and props.[/quote]

i was thinking about that.. do you have an idea what scene would be best[/quote]

Well any puck scene works quite well, there the one where he messes with the couples or the one where he gets the fairy queen to sleep with a horse I think it is. Sorry its been years since I've read it.

bread's done
Back