Help! Have CPU Virus.

200STM

CAGiversary!
I have AVG Free and AdWare right now I have 3 viruses according to AVG that are white listed and are in the virus vault. I am having a hard time removing them. I also performed anti rook kit scan and the results show I was infected but they cant be removed as their location is unknown to AVG. I'm having a tough time CAG help me. :whistle2:#

I have these viruses:

Trojan horse Crypt. AMVY
Trojan horse Crypt. AMVY
Trojan horse Hider. OWW

I used to use AVG, but after using AVAST for the past couple years, AVG seems lackluster. Also not familiar with AdWare, but if you don't have it, I definitely recommend downloading MalwareBytes (it's free with a pay option).

As for those trojans, I'd recommend running through this list and seeing if anything looks like it might help. http://www.ehow.com/remove-trojans/

Or in particular, perhaps this article: http://www.ehow.com/how_6762785_remove-trojan-crypt.html

*Beep Beep Boop* CPU Virus Detected! *Beep Beep Boop*

Administering CPU Chicken Noodle Soup and Sprite...

CPU Virus eliminated! *Beep Beep Beep*

...or you could just take a hammer to your CPU. That will kill that pesky old virus... ;)

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Install MalwareBytes, reboot into safe mode and let it go to work. Hopefully it will get rid of them.[/QUOTE]

^ This. Also download TFC.exe, clean out those nasty temporary files. I would also recommend typing in "msconfig" at the search bar on the start menu(if you're running windows 7) and seeing if it's placed or running in your start up files. After running TFC and booting up into Safe mode, Malware Bytes will sniff it out, always does the trick.

I don't know if it would work for those trojans or not, but I was hit with something not too long ago myself, and one thing I downloaded was rkill.exe. If you hit that, it may terminate the trojans running, so when you run your scan, the trojan shouldn't block it.

Thanks for the tips, tricks and wisdom CAGS I got malware bytes running and microsoft essentials. I uninstalled AVG as well thanks MSE is great easy to use and does not use as much power as avg does thanks. I'll let you know if it works

Not neccesarily pertaining to viruses, but I also recommend downloading PC Decrapifier(yes that's it's actual name) it will help clean up useless junk on your computer and let you select what to toss after it recommends it.

Not sure of the first two, but I know the hider.oow may not be found by malwarebytes. I have that same virus and was messin w it yesterday. Someone had suggested redownloading the service packs, but I havent tried it yet.

As a final step, download ComboFix from bleepingcomputer, put it on your desktop, reboot into safe mode and run it, then wait.

Shick the virus removed MSE and Malwarebytes. im going to try the bleepingcomputer thing. this is shaqfuing annoying damn parasprites!!!!

Did you boot into safe mode when you ran the antivirus? Because a lot of viruses are designed to be untouchable by an AV program in a standard boot of Windows.

If your virus is actually removing programs, you might want to cut your losses. Backup your important shit to an external drive and do a clean install. Then run an antivirus scan on the external one before you bring your files back over. I only had to go to that extreme once, but it was because of the Chernobyl virus, which was a malicious virus designed to actually delete all your files for shits and giggles. I lucked out though, because there were variants that even wiped out your BIOS, requiring you to junk your entire motherboard and buy a new one.

[quote name='200STM']Shick the virus removed MSE and Malwarebytes. im going to try the bleepingcomputer thing. this is shaqfuing annoying damn parasprites!!!![/QUOTE]

What files are infected exactly?

Kaspersky, 'nuff said.

The thing murders viruses and loves to eat up Trojans and other nasty things. One of the best Anti-Virus software I've encountered thus far. Download it, run a FULL computer scan and hopefully it goes to town on the viruses.

They tell you not to run ComboFix without some spyware expert guy telling you to, but I usually do it as a last resort on many of the machines I've been asked to fix. I let the person know it's a last ditch effort to get rid of something like a ping.exe thing or the Google redirect. It hasn't failed me once but as always your mileage may vary.

Update Spybot actually found 52 infections! and removed them after 3 scans in safe mode. Malwarebytes was stopped by some viruses but the spybot removed those blocking viruses and I was able to get malwarebytes to clean up the trojans. Right now I am running this post on my laptop. I am in normal mode running spybot and malwarebytes I dont get the viruses pop ups anymore, hopefully these scans mean I'm clear! thanks for the advice CAGS

bread's done
Back