HELP! - I have another ebay question

wageslave

CAGiversary!
What does it mean if - under "Items I sold" the payment dollar sign icon is lit up but the checkout isn't complete? My only form of payment was paypal. A guy bought something from me, under "Items I sold" and the dollar sign was lit up beside his name so I got his address from paypal and shipped the item. I didn't print the shipping label from paypal becuase there was no money in the account yet but went to the post office. I still haven't recieved any money from paypal and the checkout shows up as incomplete. The only reason I figured this out was that another buyer bought something last night, the checkout was completed and I already have my money from him. WTF? Why is ebay telling me payment recieved when it wasn't?

Might be an e-check. Those take time to process.

Funds will hopefully show up in your paypal account.
In fact, you should have a pending payment, if it's an echeck that is.

Might want to check.

Was it a lit dollar sign and not an hourglass icon? I always get an hourglass on My eBay for pending echecks. But no matter what eBay shows, if you go into PayPal and the money isn't in your account yet, don't ship anything. Hopefully this will work out fine for you, but don't do that again.

I think eChecks show as Uncleared in PayPal when they are in process, not sure what Incomplete would mean. Do you have a personal account and the payment from credit card funds is sitting there waiting for you to etiher upgrade your account and accept it or keep your account at the personal level and reject it? That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

What did the e-mail you got from PayPal about the payment say? If you want paste the e-mail here (removing anyone's name, e-mail, or address of course.)

[quote name='Franz']Perhaps the buyer marked payment as sent.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they can mark it as fully sent (with a lit dollar sign) on the seller's account. When they mark on their end as payment sent (for example they say a money order has been mailed) it shows up as an hourglass on the seller's page. At least that's how it worked for me (as a seller) last week.

[quote name='wubb']I don't think they can mark it as fully sent (with a lit dollar sign) on the seller's account. When they mark on their end as payment sent (for example they say a money order has been mailed) it shows up as an hourglass on the seller's page. At least that's how it worked for me (as a seller) last week.[/QUOTE]

I thought it worked differently when used with paypal. I know money orders sent show up as an hourglass, but OP said he doesn't accept any other form of payment other than paypal.

When a buyer pays with PayPal it does update the seller's account automatically, but that's because eBay and PayPal are the same company and eBay 'knows' the status of the payment - complete, cleared, pending, etc. So, I'm curious to hear exactly what happened with this one for it to show as paid in my eBay but the money to not be in the PayPal account.

I'm going with e-Check as well. That makes the most sense.

Or, OP is flat-out confused and isn't understanding what's really going on here. It's also possible that they paid with an unconfirmed address and the OP has to "approve" it?

Finally, maybe the Paypal account is "personal" or whatever and the OP has already reached his limit until he upgrades to business or however that works. It's been over 3 years since I had to go through all of that.

It was a lit dollar sign, but the shopping cart wasn't lit. There are no payments from the buyer showing as pending in paypal. Would and E-check show as pending? I've sent him an email - he has been on ebay a long time and has lots of good feedback so I'm not too worried. If I get screwed out of 10 bucks I'll live and be more experianced for it.

Maybe you clicked the 'Mark as Payment Received' link yourself by mistake and that flipped it to lit?

I thought you meant the payment in PayPal showed as Incomplete in your OP, but now I realize you mean the checkout shows as incomplete in your My eBay page. I'm not sure what you are talking about with that. On my page I have 4 columns - Payment status (dollar sign); Ship status (3D box); FB left; FB received.

If you haven't received any e-mails from PayPal about this and there is no transaction in your PP history dealing with this I think it's safe to assume the guy hasn't sent you a PP payment (echeck or otherwise). echecks do show up on your PayPal account as Uncleared. If he has good FB he should be good to just get a chuckle out of this and pay you even though you've already shipped. Most people would.

I believe the only way to have an item you sold marked as paid on your eBay account is either for it to be paid through PayPal or for you to have marked it as payment received yourself. But if there are other ways please somebody correct me - and I'd love to know about them!

bread's done
Back