Help! I keep getting kicked off Live!

Mr. Anderson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
So I finally went out and bought an official wireless adapter, hoping to be rid of my Live connection headaches. But sure enough, I still get disconnected randomly. My house's wireless set-up is a router on my grandma's side of the duplex (hard-wired to a desktop, a desktop in our living room connected wirelessly, and then my Xbox connected wirelessly. What I think is happening is an IP address mix-up or overlap; I think my grandmother's computer is booting my Xbox and occassionaly our desktop off the network unintentionally.

So I ask you CAG, what can I do? What do you think is going on? Any and all help is greatly appreciated; getting cut off from Live during an intense gaming session is infuriating.

Reset your router asap and power it off, then back on. Several I knew who had issues of constantly getting booted off of PSN, reset their router, and ever since then never had an issue. I had problems with my Linksys router in my apartment doing it and even my Verizon FiOS router doing it not too long ago. Once I reset, the issues stopped.

bread's done
Back