HELP! I need another way to connect the dvd SATA to the motehrboard..

donteatsoap7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I recently took out my dvd drive to take out a small chip from a cracked disc.
When I put it back in, I "some how" put the SATA cable in wrong and the little "L" shape on the motherboard got stuck in the cable, along with some of the metal connectors. So would I be able to buy another connector and solider it on the mobo either in the same place or somewhere else?

Holy hell how'd you manage that? You could've disconnected the cable from the drive rather than the motherboard too ya know.

But anyway, you might technically be able to solder it back on if you have experience soldering, but I doubt it, and even if you were an expert solderererer I wouldn't suggest trying it for fear of ruining the motherboard or the drive. And it's definitely not going to go "somewhere else".

So use a different SATA connection, and if there aren't anymore then either buy a SATA card or a new motherboard.

I didn't even notice this was a 360 post, lol. Yeah, you're fucked, new xbox. I imagine you could have a go at the soldering since it's already gone, if you have any idea what you're doing.

bread's done
Back