Help in search of a light laptop...

senorwoohoo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Alright, I know these have been done before but the topics I saw were slightly different and I'm trying to get the most refined answer. I am looking for a lighter computer that I can easily carry around(obviously). I do not need anything extraordinarily fancy since I do not want too spend over $1200. I will not be doing anything past simple photo-editing and a lot of writing...err typing. I was looking at an Apple G4, but since I have never used a Mac, I'm not too sure. So...anyone want to help?

The Apple iBook G4 or Powerbook G4 should suit you well, especially for photo editing and writing (Less crashes, etc.).

The 12"'s are very compact and light. Macs are extremely easy to use and fun to use for the most part, along with being very stylish. If you have any doubts, visit an Apple store and try them out. The iBook 12" is only $999 and the 14" iBook is around $1300 I believe.

I also reccommend a Mac-- it takes about a week tops to get used to the new OS, but once you are familiar with it, you'll love it :)

If you go to school or anything, try checking out the educational discount-- cuts about $100 off the price. Also there is the special deals section of the apple site, which offers refurbed products (with the typical 1 year full warranty, extendable to 3 years), and offers last gen products for severely reduced prices.

I have a 12" Powerbook and it is great-- I can do anything I want on it-- Video editing, photo editing, programming, music, etc.

Steer clear from HP. Their computers break within a year.. Trust me.

You can get an educational discount online or at the store, though at my local Apple store they tried to rip my aunt off with a $50 discount rather than a $100 discount -- the retail stores may take that for extra profit. They also ask for educational ID at the store, you don't need proof online. o_O

[quote name='Coolnat2004']Steer clear from HP. Their computers break within a year.. Trust me.[/quote]

i dont think im going to trust you on this one, since the one i had was a display model, for at least 6 months before i bought it, and ive had it 3 months and have yet to have a problem with it, it sounds more like youre trying to sell this guy an apple than help him decide which computer is best for him.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Coolnat2004']Steer clear from HP. Their computers break within a year.. Trust me.[/quote]

i dont think im going to trust you on this one, since the one i had was a display model, for at least 6 months before i bought it, and ive had it 3 months and have yet to have a problem with it, it sounds more like youre trying to sell this guy an apple than help him decide which computer is best for him.[/quote]

yes, please trust him...because ive had two computers my whole life and the first one i had lasted for over 5 yrs, to which i then sold it to my gf's mom 2yrs ago....i just wanted to upgrade, nothing was wrong with it....that computer is still lasting and the one that im on now is around 2 yrs old, which is still moving along perfectly...

oh yeah, did i mention that they both were hp?

on a side note: i like how everyone has one bad experience with a name brand, so they write them off completely....one person tells you to always buy a Ford because everything else broke down on them..."hey asshole, you got lucky with the Ford"....another guy tells you to stay away from Fords because he bought one once and it broke down on him..."hey asshole, you should've got a tune-up"......one person hates sony because they bought a ps2 once and received a DRE (not dr dre, please note...you wont receive dr dre for buying a ps2)...so now that person thinks everything ps2 sucks....one person walks down the street in a shitty section of town and boom, a black guy mugs them....now that person thinks every black person is a nigger....one person orders from EB a crappy $5 game thats supposed to be new, but it shows up repackaged....nothing wrong with it except for it was a display copy...so that person swears EB is the devil and vows never to order from them again...meanwhile, others are enjoying their supposedly used games that are brand new (virtual-on marz, vampire night, ddr, etc).....it just doesn't make sense...shit happens, get over it already

Might want to look at the dell 700m if you want a pc. Thin and light 12.1 in centrino that can often be found for a good price with fatwallet deals.

just got a powerbook 15 inch with backlit keyboard and i love it! it's awesome and right now i'm watching movies and the design is so sleek

I think I am going with the Dell 700m...I personally love my Dell desktop and from a bunch of C-Net reviews, this one seems like the best bang for my buck. :)

bread's done
Back