help me buy/build a laptop for $1100-$1300

Forest S.

CAG Veteran
Hi, I'm hopeing you guys can help make/buy a laptop "overclocked :D " I'v got $1300 i can rais or lower some. I'd like to get one with these with these specs: 2 gigabyts of ram or so, a vary good proseser like 2.4 to 3 GHZ, a NVIDIA PM965 + ICH-8M Chipset Mainboard, a Nvidia 8600-8800 graphics card,8X DVD REWRITABLE DRIVE()[+0, bluetool 2.0v bult-in,webcam bult-in,other stuff I forgot. thank you to anyone who helps...:)

also im will ing 2 incress the specs as long as it doesn't go over $1500

a laptop can be over clocked safely ?!?!? I am not saying it can't be done, but I am just thinking it might be a pain to get a specialized fan to help cool it better since everything in that thing is so compact.

It can be overclocked, but it's stupid, and more than likey will overheat since there is no real cooling in notebooks. Also unless you're getting a P4 or something, you're not going to be coming close to 2.4 ghz as those would be the very high end Core 2 Duo if they even go that high. So I guess what I'm saying, is shop around and get what's the best for what you need. Be realalistic.

Ok I guess I got over hopeful I'd like to make it overclocked but if it's going to make things over heat that much I guess I'll get it without such modifacations....lol :D. still I'd like to get it with some generaly powerfull speed and power.
and i'd like to know: what the best ram,hard drive,etc. manufacturer. I'm cinda new at this so i realy don't know why one ram thas 2 gig is more than another.
Oya i was wondering would it be possible to have a water cooling system in a laptop?

I like :twoguns: :xbox:

I know no second posts. but my post is geting lost and i need some help chosing "parts for" a laptop for $1250-1400 and d I'd like some help...

note:"parts" means that if i build my laptop im going 2 need parts. but i may not build.

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:.........Wow, Thats perfact I wish i had $1,839.00 but I'v got $1,350.00
and I'm not going to wait to get my laptop, anyway what i realy want is the closest thing 2 that for $1,300.00 or so. thank you :D

also what i realy want in my laptop is these specs:
2gb of ram (2x1024)or(1x2000)
160gb HD 7200 RPM
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Intel Core 2 Duo Conroe E6600 2.4 GHz
any [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]GeForce 8600-8800 graphics card
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Windows Vista Home Premium 32-64bit DVD
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Built-in Bluetooth™ V2.0+EDR
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Built-in 2.0 MP Webcam[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

You can configure a Dell Inspiron 1520 to your specification for about $1550, but you'll have to wait for Dell to have some coupons to get the price down to your budget. Sometimes there might be coupons you can buy on eBay and use it on Dell's site to save even more, but there are none you can use right now.

try getting a refurbish one from dell .

i am getting a 1520 refurbish one for about 1138 without tax. Good specs also. Hopefully nothing is wrong with it :) since my friend got a refurbish one and his is really nicee

I'v herd bad this about the Inspiron 1520. I'd like not 2 buy from big pc companys becaus thay seem to cost more than some smaller companys.

Also is this good pc cuz I realy like it cyberpowe pc's xplorer x5-7900 notebook.

and if you can sugjet another smaller company.

[quote name='Forest S.']I'v herd bad this about the Inspiron 1520. I'd like not 2 buy from big pc companys becaus thay seem to cost more than some smaller companys.

Also is this good pc cuz I realy like it cyberpowe pc's xplorer x5-7900 notebook.

and if you can sugjet another smaller company.[/QUOTE]

Actually that's pretty good deal on that laptop; $1350 can get you everything you need. Though I've had Compal laptop, and they kinda suck. The battery life is awful (1.5 hrs) and it's loud like a jet engine. I don't know how their newer laptops are now, but I would only get it if you will die of some horrible death because you don't have a laptop soon enough.

ok cool well I don't mind how loud It is cuz thats just the fan "I think" wich I can chang and plus don't care about the sound my laptop makes. But i do care about how long it lasts off a charg I want 2 play the most intens games out there and I want to be able to for next 3-4 hour :D
so aslong as there are no other problems with this brand I'd like to throw in the fact that theres a 5 percent copone on anyhing $350 and over is prity sweet. anyway if you find a laptop for that price from a good company with those specs or realy close those specs tell me.also anyone got some good latop buying sites to tell me?

The reason people aren't replying is we have probably given all the advice we can. What you really want is unrealistic in the notebook world. You want to throw desktop parts into a notebook and that isn't going to happen. Your budget is also limited if you really want to game at what would be a midrange desktop since that usually cost around $1500-2000. I'm not saying at your price you won't be able to play games, it just won't be the high settings that you are looking for. I say go look on dell and see what you can customize with a m8600 gt in your price range, cause that's the best you'll be able to get.

[quote name='Thongsy']The reason people aren't replying is we have probably given all the advice we can. What you really want is unrealistic in the notebook world. You want to throw desktop parts into a notebook and that isn't going to happen. Your budget is also limited if you really want to game at what would be a midrange desktop since that usually cost around $1500-2000. I'm not saying at your price you won't be able to play games, it just won't be the high settings that you are looking for. I say go look on dell and see what you can customize with a m8600 gt in your price range, cause that's the best you'll be able to get.[/quote]I totally agree with this. And not to be a dick Forest, but you will be way better off buying a prebuilt notebook. You don't seem to know much of anything about computers, so stay away from building one, please. The whitebox notebook scene is very new and not for beginners.

I paid $1300 for my notebook a little over a year ago, an Inspiron E1705. It was the best the market had aside from going with an XPS system. It has a 7800 series video card, 2GB of RAM, 2.0GHz Core Duo, etc. Now your typical person couldn't get it for as cheap as I did, only because I had a friend who worked for Dell and got me $750 off a $2000 purchase.

In order for you to get something good but to fit your budget, you need to cheap out on stuff, such as your video card selection, processor speed, etc. A 3GHz CPU is "a think of the past" so to say as a 2.xGHz CPU is more efficient at the time being. Those Core 2 Duo's are impressive and smack the shit out of the P4's.

And don't worry with overclocking so much. I think most people just like to say they have an overclocked CPU or GPU more than they see a real significant benefit from it. Especially if you're investing extra money in cooling for it.

But in general, if cutting edge performance is what you're looking for you may be better off getting a basic laptop for $400-600 on sale somewhere if you need something mobile and then saving the rest back up towards a desktop for gaming.

well, thats ok i sorta gaveup on the overclockething. I'm thinking of getting something someting for my art verses gameing. so I'll b lookin y my self...thx or your "help" ;)

bread's done
Back