Help me choose a headset - Rocketfish or Turtle Beach? something else?

kujen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
I've been wanting to get a (cheap) gaming headset. Prefer to get a universal one as I play Xbox, PC, and PS3. I'm considering one of these: Rocketfish Wired Universal and Turtle Beach X12.

The Rocketfish looks good because it is universal, got some good reviews. The Turtle Beach I've heard is good too, but I would need to pick up something else for PS3 (I don't play PS3 that much but I currently have no headset for it at all).

I see the Rocketfish was on sale for $15 at Best Buy a few months ago and many of you got it. If you've used one, can you please tell me what you think of it? Would 40mm speakers be noticeably worse than the X12's 50mm speakers? Also I haven't found much info on its MIC QUALITY. Is your voice clear, loud enough, when on Xbox Live? How does the microphone compare to Turtle Beach?

The one thing I am not sure about re: Turtle Beach is the microphone monitoring. Is this as annoying as it seems? I hate listening to my own voice. lol

Not too sure on the specifics, but i bought the rocketfish set for $15 and i am satisfied with them. Just as good as the x12

[quote name='gabolous']Not too sure on the specifics, but i bought the rocketfish set for $15 and i am satisfied with them. Just as good as the x12[/QUOTE]

Is the mic pretty good? I'm coming from the official set that came with Xbox consoles and that's pretty quiet, people have trouble hearing me sometimes.

[quote name='farfus']I love my x12 I play now with my headphones on all the time![/QUOTE]

What do you think of the microphone monitor feature, where you hear yourself? That and the fact that I can't use it with PS3 are the only things making me not sure about it.

Well it works fine for what coop I do. Just read some amazon re views for the rocket fish $20 model cant beat that price for sure. And its all system compatible. Probably worth checking it out but I sure love my x12.

Thanks for any input guys. I'm still torn. I went to 2 different Best Buys to test out the Turtle Beaches but the testing displays weren't working at either one. Another thing is I heard the Turtle Beach mic is too loud even at lower settings, and picks up any little sound in the room. Is that true? Still not sure about the mic monitoring thing too.

I've owned the P9(PS3), the X11's the X12's, and I currently have the $15 rocketfish headset. For me I think the rocketfish are good. I haven't noticed any real difference.

[quote name='gabolous']Not too sure on the specifics, but i bought the rocketfish set for $15 and i am satisfied with them. Just as good as the x12[/QUOTE]

Got the same ones I have had a dozen of them from turtle beach to logitech both wireless types sold them due to interference and bought cheap rocketfish no complaints here.

bread's done
Back