Help me choose some import games! (Plus, I may get you one - Ends Friday!)

Rig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
82 (100%)
I've posed the question a few different places, and have only received a few ideas. Guess it's time to try a thread!

I'm going to Japan (Tokyo, mostly) with my girlfriend for nine days. I'll be leaving in just under a week. It will be my first visit, and I don't want to *just* walk around Akihabara looking like I'm lost. (I'll be doing that, regardless, but I want a list with me!)

So...I want some import game suggestions! There's gotta be some game you know about that is worth picking up. And, I want some suggestions.

I've got nearly every game system, so, don't rule any oldies out (I love Super Famicom games). The only thing I'm requesting is that the game(s) meet three criteria:

1. It's a game that is *not* available here (in the US). I'd also prefer that it's a game that won't be released here in the future. (Yes, you cannot predict the future
    Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
    , but I'd appreciate you give it a shot!
  2. It requires very little knowledge of the Japanese language. I don't speak it, and I don't read it. So, I don't want some lengthy text-game or RPG's! (Games that have a translation guide out there are an exception.)
  3. It doesn't suck. Okay, this one is just a loose suggestion. Obviously, you may not know if it sucks or not. I would prefer it be worth playing, at least!

Now, why help me? Because, if I get some good suggestions, I'm going to randomly grab one of the games mentioned in the thread and randomly give it back to somebody here! (If I cannot find the game(s) suggested, or they are super expensive, I'll just randomly pick up some obscure games for the random person I choose.)

Two games I'm considering already:
Doki Doki Majo Shinpan 2: Kinda perverted, but, my girlfriend wants me to play it. :lol: She really does. Really, I swear!
Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland: I think that's what it is. Why? Because I'm pretty sure that ain't coming over here anytime soon. And, it's Tingle. I hate 'em, but I love Nintendo.

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: Oh, I forgot one thing! If it's for a system that requires a mod to play the game over here, I'd also appreciate the best way of being able to play it. I've pried the plastic from my SNES long ago to play Super Famicom games, so I'm good there. And the DS/PSP/PS3 are region-free (right?).

Last edited by a moderator:
You should get Jump Ultimate Stars! or the first one too. its a fighting game with alot of different anime characters such as naruto,dragonballz,etc

Rakugaki Showtime for the Playstation one. I always REALLY wanted to play that. Its like Power Stone with hand drawn characters fighting.

Also, if you see it SUPER cheap, get Cosmic Race for the PS1.....by far the WORST game imported or not that I ever played...but its SOOO bad, you GOTTA play it ;)

[quote name='koopa213']You should get Jump Ultimate Stars! or the first one too. its a fighting game with alot of different anime characters such as naruto,dragonballz,etc[/QUOTE]

That's actually on my CAG wishlist. Thank you for reminding me about it; it's definitely getting purchased!

[quote name='jousley']Rakugaki Showtime for the Playstation one. I always REALLY wanted to play that. Its like Power Stone with hand drawn characters fighting.

Also, if you see it SUPER cheap, get Cosmic Race for the PS1.....by far the WORST game imported or not that I ever played...but its SOOO bad, you GOTTA play it ;)[/QUOTE]

That Rakugaki Showtime sounds pretty cool...and it's made by Treasure (bonus)! The (very old) webpage I just viewed says it's rare...dang.

Taiko no Tatsujin for the ds i pretty fun, it's a drum game (like guitar hero) they also have some for consoles that come with a drum, i've only played the ds one but its super fun!

Taiko actually came out here for the PS2. Maybe Idolmaster if you like J-pop. Also, Fire Emblem Fuin no Tsurugi for the GBA (the one with Roy) is a great one, I got it myself. And if you liked the series, Boktai 3 is only out in Japan.

I recommend Initial D Extreme Stage and Wangan Midnight, both for PS3. If you get Initial D, make sure you get the Japanese version and not the Asian version as online play is only available on the Japanese version.

OMG OMG OMG. Get Gimmick for NES. probably the greatest NES game out there. it shouldnt require any special system, although it has an enhanced sound chip in it that i think needs a famicom, or a modded version of a NES to get the full experiance. it is a platformer so it doesnt need any language skills. the game is outstanding. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYcf2yUgblc

EDIT: I'd be so happy to get this as the random drawing thing, but really any of these imported games sounds great. Rockman and Forte on Super Famicom is amazing too, I recommend it.

I don't know how your Japanese is but Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland had an EU release. I haven't played it in a few years but I remember it being very text heavy.

There's some psp shmups, that haven't been release out here either.

Salamander, Twin Bee, Darious Burst and Parodius Portable. Rhythm De Run Run Run for the ds is another that comes to mind.

Forgot about the Parodius series...I've always wanted some of those.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Keep 'em coming!

(Oh, and if you're wanting to make a suggestion that's considered for the random draw I'm going to do, I'll need to know if you own it/want it yourself. Wouldn't want to pick up a game that you already have!)

EDIT: Watched that YouTube video; that looks very cool! Adding it to the list!
EDIT2: I didn't know there were some Taiko Drum Master games for the DS. I actually have the one they released on the PS2. May have to check into the DS one(s).

[quote name='jousley']Rakugaki Showtime for the Playstation one. I always REALLY wanted to play that. Its like Power Stone with hand drawn characters fighting.[/QUOTE]

It's a fantastic game but I've seen it go for about $700 in Akihabara! :shock:
However, it's available on the Japanese PSN store for only 600 yen!
Assuming you have a PS3, I recommend picking up a 3000yen PSN card while in Japan and you can grab 5 PS1 classics (all of which are 600yen with no tax) when you get home.

Also, you mentioned Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland in your OP. Did you know there was an English version released in Europe? It's a bit hard to find, but it's a pretty fun and quirky game. There is a Japan-only sequel though. Also, there was a Club Nintendo-exclusive game called "Tingle Balloon Fight" which is pretty easy to find (and cheap!) at used game stores if you're interested

I lived in Japan for 5 years and picked up GOBS of games so I'm pretty familiar with prices and rarity if you have any questions. Here's some of my recommendations:

Super Famicom:
-Power Sokouban - Basically boxxle and Zelda: LTTP mixed with Japanese yokai (mythological monsters/ghosts) in a surprisingly awesome action-puzzle game. Great graphics and music to boot!
-Kirby Kira Kira Kids - Super Famicom version of Kirby Star Stacker (US Game Boy game)
-MajyuOu - 2D action-horror game. Great stuff but a bit hard to find and pricey.
-Mario & Wario - Action-puzzle game that uses the SF Mouse. You control a fairy that has to create platforms for Mario, who has a magic bucket stuck on his head, to walk across.
-Mario's Super Picross - SF version of the original Picross games. Great fun and cheap!
-The Firemen - Top-down firemen action game! Very unique and fun.
-Super Back to the Future 2 - Extremely goofy 2D platformer based on the movie.
-Rockman and Forte (AKA: Mega Man & Bass) - Final Super Famicom Mega Man game. Excellent!
-SD F-1 Grand Prix - Surprisingly fun Mario Kart clone
-Go Go Ackman 1, 2, & 3 - 2D brawler/action games with character designs by Akira Toriyama (Dragon Ball/Dragon Quest/Chrono Trigger)

None of those require much if any Japanese-knowledge so you should be okay. There are quite a few great Japan-only RPGs I could recommend, but they require at least basic Japanese language skills.

Can you play imports for PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Famicom, and Wii?
If so, I'll post some recommendations for those consoles tomorrow!

(Oh, and if you're wanting to make a suggestion that's considered for the random draw I'm going to do, I'll need to know if you own it/want it yourself. Wouldn't want to pick up a game that you already have!)

I actually want any of the games already mentioned lol because i own none of them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmy5RXwE8lM

there's a video of it, though i'm pretty sure it comes with two drum styleses. the hardest difficult (in the vid) is extreamly hard, and the easy difficult is amazingly easy, with the 2 difficultys in between. so once you learn one difficulty you move up to the next, that kept me playing. oh yea and you can set it to where you use the buttons instead of tapping the screen.

and i've never heard of Mr.Gimmick and i don't have a nes or famicon, but i want one now just for that game haha!

[quote name='jab1235']
and i've never heard of Mr.Gimmick and i don't have a nes or famicon, but i want one now just for that game haha![/QUOTE]

omg I know, I have a famicom, but i can't find that game. i want it sooo bad.

[quote name='zuuku']omg I know, I have a famicom, but i can't find that game. i want it sooo bad.[/QUOTE]
sorry to spam up the thread more, but in one of the video's anotations it said he was playing at 25% of the speed with constant saving, so the game is actuly much harder then the video makes it look :O

[quote name='Gameboy415']
Can you play imports for PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Famicom, and Wii?
If so, I'll post some recommendations for those consoles tomorrow![/QUOTE]

Lots of suggestions; thanks!

I can on my Wii; it's...the good kind. ;) I actually bought Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom back when everbody said there'd be no chance of it coming here! :bomb:

The others? I'd sure like to know how to play imports on them. (I don't have a PS1 or PS2 anymore since I have my PS3...but if I had to go get 'em for games, I wouldn't be against it.)

EDIT: Also very open for any good Gamecube games. I have Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 and a Freeloader.
EDIT2: Well, I forgot my girlfriend has a slim PS2 here in the apartment...
EDIT3: Oh, and I *love* my Dreamcast, so suggestions for it would be great.

[quote name='Rig'] EDIT: Also very open for any good Gamecube games. I have Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 and a Freeloader.[/QUOTE]

The only GC game that comes to mind is Donkey Konga 3, only because I really wanted it at that time.

Probably the only Japan-only game I've played is Gundam WIng: Endless Duel for Super Famicom. It's a GW fighting game, so you don't really need to read, and if you've watched the anime you already know the story.

I dabble in anime, but, have never been into the Gundam series'. Still, I'll look up some videos and see what it's like.

Does anybody know if Japan had Super Scope games that we didn't get? I think I have just about all of the US games. It'd be cool to be able to play some more with the scope.

[quote name='Rig']Lots of suggestions; thanks!

I can on my Wii; it's...the good kind. ;) I actually bought Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom back when everbody said there'd be no chance of it coming here! :bomb:

The others? I'd sure like to know how to play imports on them. (I don't have a PS1 or PS2 anymore since I have my PS3...but if I had to go get 'em for games, I wouldn't be against it.)

EDIT: Also very open for any good Gamecube games. I have Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 and a Freeloader.
EDIT2: Well, I forgot my girlfriend has a slim PS2 here in the apartment...
EDIT3: Oh, and I *love* my Dreamcast, so suggestions for it would be great.[/QUOTE]

For JP PS1/PS2 games, I'd recommend picking up a slim Japanese PS2. They're very cheap nowadays (my friend got a used one for about $85 last September when he came to visit) and would allow you to play any JP PS1 or PS2 games, including those that require special controllers.

You should be able to play import Wii, Gamecube, and Dreamcast games with little effort, but if you want to get some Famicom stuff you'll either need to pick up a Famicom console or track down a clone system that plays Japanese games. I've had moderate success with the "Generation NEX" clone from Messiah Games, but I broke down and bought an A/V Famicom just to be sure I could play everything.

On to the recommendations! :D

Gamecube:
-Donkey Konga 1, 2, and 3 - They all contain different songs than the US releases and work perfectly with American Bongo controllers. Should be pretty cheap too.
-Nintendo Puzzle Collection - BUY THIS! It has 4-player versions of Tetris Attack, Dr. Mario, and Yoshi's Cookie and is FUN AS HELL!
-Kururin Squash - Guide a spinning helicopter-like flying machine through tight mazes. Also includes a 4-player mode.
-Mr. Driller Drill Land - excellent 4-player Mr. Driller game. Should be very cheap!
-Dragon Drive: D-Masters Shot - Flying shooter by Treasure, based on the manga/anime. A bit like Panzer Dragoon.
*The following games are also available on PS2!*
-PC Genjin - Re-make of Bonk's Adventure (Turbo Grafx 16 game) with great new graphics.
-Takahashi-Meijin No Boukenjima - Re-make of Adventure Island with great new graphics.
-Battle Stadium D.O.N. - Smash Bros.-esque fighter featuring Shonen jump characters from Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, and One Piece.
-Dream Mix TV World Fighters - Smash Bros.-esque fighter featuring Hudson, Konami, and Takara characters like Bomberman, Simon Belmont, Solid Snake, and Optimus Prime.

Wii:
-Disaster: Day of Crisis - Survival-action game set in America with full-English voice acting!
-Fatal Frame IV - There is an English patch available!
-Ennichi no Tatsujin - Bizarre Japanese-festival simulator from the makers of Taiko no Tatsujin.

PS2:
*I'm not sure if you're into music games at all, but I'll list all of them just in case*
-Pop'n Music 7-14 + a Pop'n Controller - An extremely fun music game series that hasn't left Japan save for a Wii-make and XBOX Live spin-off. 14 is the latest and probably best game for a beginner, but be sure to pick up a controller! (should be about $30 new, possibly cheaper used).
-Keyboardmania 1 & 2 + keyboard controller - Konami beat Rock Band to the punch by 10 years! :lol:
-GuitarFreaks/Drummania V, V2, or V3 + controllers - More of an arcade experience than American music games. Incredibly fun, but a bit pricey for all of the controllers and such.
-Taiko no Tatsujin: Go! Go! Godaime - There are several games in the series, but this one had the best mix of Japanese music in my opinion.
-Taito Memories Jokan, Gekan, Jokan II, & Gekan II - These compilations include 25 classic Taito games EACH, many of which were released individually on other consoles and sell for 5 times as much!
-Metal Slug - 3D version of the classic series, pretty fun and pretty cheap!
-Twinkle Star Sprites - extremely fun 2-player competitive versus shooter from SNK.
-Garou: Mark of the Wolves - Same game released on Dreamcast, I just prefer the PS2 controller.
-Vampire: Darkstalker Collection - includes EVERY Darkstalkers game and lets you mix and match characters between them!
-The Rumble Fish - awesome and GORGEOUS 2D fighter.
-Gunstar Heroes: Treasure Box - #25 in the SEGA AGES 2500 series. Includes Gunstar Heroes, Dynamite Headdy, and Alien Soldier - all of which can be played in full English!
-Monster World: Complete collection - #29 in the SEGA AGES 2500 series. Includes Monster World 1-4.
-Earth Defense Force 1 & 2 - Simple 2000 Series #31 & #81. Prequels to the 360 game.
-The Onechamploo & The Onechampon - Simple 2000 Series #60 & #101. Deluxe versions of The Onechanbara 1 & 2.
-SEGA Rally 2006 + SEGA Rally Championship - 1,000x better than SEGA Rally Revo! Includes the original game on a separate disc.
-Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix - English voice acting and bonus bosses and content.
-Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix + - Best version of the game with all bonus content and English voices. Includes Re: Chain of Memories (Japanese only) on a separate disc.
-Dance Summit 2001 - Japan-only sequel to the Bust-a-Groove games.
-Gekibo 2 - Bizarre side-scrolling photography game. Really strange and fun!
*a few more, but they require basic Japanese....let me know if you're interested*

PS1:
-Sexy Parodius - Hilarious and fun, but pricey.
-Slap Happy Rhythm Busters - Awesome mash-up of a fighting game and a rhythm game!
-Gamera 2000 - Excellent Panzer Dragoon clone with full English!
-Tobal 2 - Excellent 3D fighter from Squaresoft.
-Panzer Bandit - Guardian Heroes-esque brawler from Banpresto.
-Gunner's Heaven - Awesome Gunstar Heroes clone!
-Vib-Ribbon - Cool music sim game that lets you make stages with your own CDs. Should be DIRT cheap.
-Ore no Ryouri (My cooking) - Fun cooking sim that makes excellent use of the analog sticks. Also available on JP PSN for 600yen!

DS:
-Jump Super Stars & Jump Ultimate Stars - Smash Bros.-esque fighters featuring Shonen Jump characters.
-Daigasso! Band Brothers DX - Has been released in Europe as "Jam with the Band" but is probably not coming to the US. Great music game!
-Tingle's Balloon Fight DS - I mentioned this in my other post. It's Balloon Fight w/Tingle. Simple, fun and cheap!
-Illustlogic + Colorful-Logic DS - EXCELLENT Picross clone!
-English of the Dead - House of the Dead 2, yet again, but this time you have to change the Japanese into English! (requires basic Japanese)
-Arkanoid DS with Paddle controller - The game was released Stateside but the Paddle controller was not. Paddle also works with Space Bust-A-Move and Space Invaders Extreme!
-Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 1 & 2 - Fun and crazy music games. If you've played Elite Beat Agents, they're basically the same, just with (better) Japanese music.

GBA:
-Densetsu No Starfy 1, 2, 3 - prequels to "The Legendary Starfy" and some of the best games on Game Boy Advance! (There is also a 4th game for DS, but it's inferior to the original trilogy and 5th game in almost every way)
-Guru Logic Champ - Fantastic puzzle game from Compile (makers of Puyo Puyo)
-KuruKuruKururin & Kururin Paradise - Handheld prequels to Kururin Squash on Gamecube.
-F-Zero Climax - Japan-only F-Zero!
-Hudson Best Collection Volume 6 - Includes Adventure Island 1-4. 4 was never released outside Japan!

Famicom:
-Kid Dracula - Great Castlevania spin-off
-Hello Kitty World - Surprisingly great Balloon Fight sequel.
-The Goonies - Prequel to the game we got on NES in the US (Goonies 2)
-Konami Wai Wai World - 2D Platformer featuring various Konami characters
-Parodius Da!! - crazy fun shooter
-Splatterhouse Wampaku Grafitti - Super-deformed version of Splatterhouse in full English!
-Devil World - excellent Pac-Man clone from Nintendo

Well I think that's the majority of stuff I'd recommend for someone who doesn't habla Japanese.
If you are planning on picking up anything I recommended, I could potentially take pictures of the boxes/labels to make finding them easier. Let me know if you're interested! :D

I also suggest Ouendan and Ouendan 2. It's Japanese Elite Beat Agents. I wish I had them XD
If you want Doki Doki Majo Shinpan, I recall there being a third game, it may be easier to find then the older ones.

And if you get the chance, I suggest going to one of the arcades in Akihabara. The games are a ton of fun! My favorite was the Gundam POD game, its set up so it seems that you are actually piloting the Gundam. Check it out!

Also Mother 3 for GBA, I've heard excellent things.

Is the original Ouendan any different from EBA over here?

Ah, yes, I see there's a "Doki Majo Plus". Thanks. I'm not very interested in these "type" of games, but, I want the latest one simply to purchase as a novelty. ("Hey, look what I got in Japan, etc.).

Ouendan itself is different from EBA, with Japanese music, but it plays exactly the same.

And its not that hard to find used/old games in Akihabara. Just walk around, there's stuff everywhere, and many stores have products out front/in displays. It's hard to miss.

[quote name='Moltres423']Do you already know where to go in Japan to get old-school games?Sounds rather difficult.[/QUOTE]

I know Akihabara is one of the better *areas* to get games. And, I've been referenced a few stores in particular. But, a solid day or so will be us walking in and out of every store we can find. So, I'll make second/third trips if I must.

[quote name='Moltres423']Do you already know where to go in Japan to get old-school games?Sounds rather difficult.[/QUOTE]

In Akihabara, Super Potato has the biggest selection but can be overpriced.
Also be sure to check out the various "Trader" stores on and off the main road.
The retro stuff was on the upper floors the last time I was there (fall 2009).

I would recommend Inazuma Eleven for the DS. It's definitely one of the coolest RPG's I've played (since the battles are actually soccer games).
And it's by Level 5, so it has to be good. ;)

wonderful post from an expert and it will be a fantastic knowledge to us and thank you very much for sharing this valuable information with us.

[quote name='Gameboy415']It's a fantastic game but I've seen it go for about $700 in Akihabara! :shock:
However, it's available on the Japanese PSN store for only 600 yen!
Assuming you have a PS3, I recommend picking up a 3000yen PSN card while in Japan and you can grab 5 PS1 classics (all of which are 600yen with no tax) when you get home.[/QUOTE]

WHAT?! I need to figure out how to get Rakugaki Showtime on the Japanese PSN now!!! I could never afford that game and I have always wanted to play it. It looks so awesome.

[quote name='kratos1010']Ouendan itself is different from EBA, with Japanese music, but it plays exactly the same.

.[/QUOTE]

Get both Ouendan games for the DS. SUPER funny and a great time, expeically if you like Jpop music.

Crap! I totally forgot to recommend Rhythm Tengoku for Game Boy Advance!
It's the prequel to Rhythm Heaven on DS and a lot more fun in my opinion!

The hands down best game you could import is

Mushihimesama Futari 1.5

Second best is espgaluda 2..

Both of these games have english in the important parts of the menus and are region free for xbox 360.

Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 I want so bad it makes my eyes bleed. Check it out on youtube you'll see what I mean.

Both ports are very accurate to the original arcade version/.

Try to pick up " Taiko no Tatsujin Wii." Its a drum game that had a previous release in the US on the PS2 and failed miserably. But in japan, I hear its very popular.

Also, try to find Captain Rainbow, I don't know if its good, but it only sold about 7k copies.

The first game is in all Japanese, but all you have to do is pick a song, then your playing. In Captain Rainbow, all the cutscenes and text are Japanese, so it might be difficult to play.

Gameboy (or anyone, really): Do you know around how much a Japanese 360 costs? I wouldn't care if it's used, and I'd be fine with a barebones Arcade unit. Wouldn't even need a controller. I want to bring one back with some 360 games.

[quote name='Rig']Gameboy (or anyone, really): Do you know around how much a Japanese 360 costs? I wouldn't care if it's used, and I'd be fine with a barebones Arcade unit. Wouldn't even need a controller. I want to bring one back with some 360 games.[/QUOTE]

Funny you should ask, I've been thinking about selling my Japanese 360!
It's a Pro system complete in the original box with a 20 Gig hard drive, wireless controller, and a DVD remote (and the cords, of course!). You would need to pick up an A/V cable for it if you don't already have one though - the cable included is a "D-Terminal" cable (which is the Japanese equivalent of a component cable) and is incompatible with most (all?) US TVs. The only Japanese games I still have for it are the Deathsmiles LE set (with alternate box art and soundtrack) and the Perfect Dark Zero CE (iSteelbook case). I'm more than willing to part with the games once I get rid of the system.

I really have no use for it and I plan to pick up a US Slim 360 eventually anyway so if you're interested in buying it, let me know. Since we're both in IL, shipping would be pretty cheap too!

PS2:
The best way to play modded game is either with a slide rule, a replacement top mod, or a HD Loader.

Hajime no Ippo 2: Victorious Road (This game has a full fledged boxing career mode as you train, feed your fighter, and also you can fight and unlock Punch Out Characters!

Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 2: (Virtua Tennis x Shaolin Soccer x Super Dodgeball)

DS:
Super Robot Taisen W (This game has Go Lion Voltron in it, and it is in the same vein as a Final Fantasy Tactics / Fire Emblem)

SNES:
Terranigma (There is a EU version available in English, never released in America)
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Another Story (An awesome beat em up featuring the Sailor Moon Cast)

That's all for now. :D

[quote name='Gameboy415']Funny you should ask, I've been thinking about selling my Japanese 360!
It's a Pro system complete in the original box with a 20 Gig hard drive, wireless controller, and a DVD remote (and the cords, of course!). You would need to pick up an A/V cable for it if you don't already have one though - the cable included is a "D-Terminal" cable (which is the Japanese equivalent of a component cable) and is incompatible with most (all?) US TVs. The only Japanese games I still have for it are the Deathsmiles LE set (with alternate box art and soundtrack) and the Perfect Dark Zero CE (iSteelbook case). I'm more than willing to part with the games once I get rid of the system.

I really have no use for it and I plan to pick up a US Slim 360 eventually anyway so if you're interested in buying it, let me know. Since we're both in IL, shipping would be pretty cheap too![/QUOTE]

Well, I'm certainly interested. Though, I don't need those games, as I have both their US counterparts. I actually have two US systems; one of the older Pro models, and a newer Arcade (that I put a 120 GB HDD on). So, I'm set for cables and controllers.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']PS2:
The best way to play modded game is either with a slide rule, a replacement top mod, or a HD Loader.

Hajime no Ippo 2: Victorious Road (This game has a full fledged boxing career mode as you train, feed your fighter, and also you can fight and unlock Punch Out Characters!

Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 2: (Virtua Tennis x Shaolin Soccer x Super Dodgeball)

DS:
Super Robot Taisen W (This game has Go Lion Voltron in it, and it is in the same vein as a Final Fantasy Tactics / Fire Emblem)

SNES:
Terranigma (There is a EU version available in English, never released in America)
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Another Story (An awesome beat em up featuring the Sailor Moon Cast)

That's all for now. :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually have that Sailor Moon game for my SNES, and it is indeed fun.

[quote name='Rig']Well, I'm certainly interested. Though, I don't need those games, as I have both their US counterparts. I actually have two US systems; one of the older Pro models, and a newer Arcade (that I put a 120 GB HDD on). So, I'm set for cables and controllers.
[/QUOTE]

Cool. I'm sure we can work something out. How about we discuss it when you get back from Japan?
I'll try to find a way to back up my saved games and such in the meantime.

Otherwise, if you'd like pictures of any of the stuff I suggested (to make them easier to find in store), let me know!

Here's a tip if you're planning to buy any JP PS1, Saturn, Dreamcast, or Gamecube games:
If you can't read the Japanese name on the side/cover, check the other side - they usually have the name written in English!

Cool.

And bump. I'm leaving late tomorrow night, and I'll tally up who left a suggestion and do a random draw to decide who gets a game/other items!

My only recommendation is Game Center CX: Arino no Chousenjou 2 for the DS, it is the sequel to retro game challenge.
Its a fun game that basically has a bunch of games inspired by old famicom games. They are fun little games and you unlock them by doing challenges.

I'd recommend Super Bomberman 3, 4, or 5 for Super Famicom. The Bomberman games are personal favorites of mine, meet your criteria, and only the first two titles in the Super series were released in North America.

bread's done
Back