Help me choose which game to get

greendj27

CAGiversary!
I'm considering the following three games but only want to get one of them right now:

Far Cry Instincts (Xbox - $25 Best Buy with BB Bucks)
Fire Emblem (Gamecube - $40 Circuit City with gift card)
Ratchet Deadlocked (PS2 - $30 Circuit City with gift card)

I've never tried Far Cry, but it sounds fun. Also never tried any of the Fire Emblems, but like RPGs. I love the Ratchet series, but can not play the PS2 online, so the shortness of the game scares me.

Please help me choose. Let me know your thoughts on these games.

[quote name='greendj27']I'm considering the following three games but only want to get one of them right now:

I've never tried Far Cry, but it sounds fun. Also never tried any of the Fire Emblems, but like RPGs. I love the Ratchet series, but can not play the PS2 online, so the shortness of the game scares me.

Please help me choose. Let me know your thoughts on these games.[/QUOTE]

Go with Fire Emblem for the simple fact that it's the only game out of that list that WON'T be 10.00 in less than 6 months.

did i learn something wrong, or is fewer supposed to be used with a number, and less with a part of a whole? i see and hear this all the time, even in the newspaper.

oh and i'm not trying to be a message board professor, just trying to make sure i don't look an idiot.

I wasn't all that impressed with the Far Cry OXM demo, so I'd probably go with one of the other two. Although to be honest I considered picking up Far Cry for $25 at Best Buy myself this week, since I'm pretty sure I could play it and then be able to make back that money selling it on eBay a week or two from now.

You need to get Fire Emblem, everyone should try it if you have any interest at all in SRPG's. It plays just like the GBA games which is a good thing, a very good thing.

Go with Fire Emblem, as Cmosfm & Kayden said the other 2 will be dirt cheap soon enough. Nintendo games don't tend to drop in price very fast.

[quote name='greendj27']I'm considering the following three games but only want to get one of them right now:

Please help me choose. Let me know your thoughts on these games.[/QUOTE]

How would Deadlocked be $30 . . . is it on sale? I thought it was $40.

Go with Fire Emblem, wonderful series that Nintendo should have been exporting years ago.

I want to say Deadlocked, but I can't. I mean, I love the series, but no platforming, no clank, no platinum bolt, weak story, worlds are more condensed and you feel cramped, wait for it to hit 14.99ish. Go with Fire Emblem

[quote name='pop311']I want to say Deadlocked, but I can't. I mean, I love the series, but no platforming, no clank, no platinum bolt, weak story, worlds are more condensed and you feel cramped, wait for it to hit 14.99ish. Go with Fire Emblem[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree on Deadlocked. Even if they had a bunch of Captain Quark levels to round out the package. I'm waiting on Jak racing and Deadlocked!

[quote name='schultzed']Yeah, I agree on Deadlocked. Even if they had a bunch of Captain Quark levels to round out the package. I'm waiting on Jak racing and Deadlocked![/QUOTE]
How can you agree with me, and still want to buy it?

[quote name='schultzed']How would Deadlocked be $30 . . . is it on sale? I thought it was $40.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='greendj27']with gift card
[/QUOTE]

I don't think you get a GC with purchase of that this week, so I'm guessing he has a $10 GC from one of their other fairly common $10 GC w/ purchase promos of the past.

[quote name='pop311']How can you agree with me, and still want to buy it?[/QUOTE]you did say to wait for it to go down in price. I believe that is what he meant by waiting on them, waiting for them to drop in price.

[quote name='Santurio']you did say to wait for it to go down in price. I believe that is what he meant by waiting on them, waiting for them to drop in price.[/QUOTE]
oh,I see

Deadlocked is great, but like mostly everyone else said, go with Fire Emblem will not be coming down in price anytime soon.

[quote name='wubb']I don't think you get a GC with purchase of that this week, so I'm guessing he has a $10 GC from one of their other fairly common $10 GC w/ purchase promos of the past.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry I didn't explain that very well. I had a ten dollar gift card for circuit city from a different promo.

I ended up getting Fire Emblem and I like it so far. Havne't played that much of it yet though.

[quote name='Santurio']you did say to wait for it to go down in price. I believe that is what he meant by waiting on them, waiting for them to drop in price.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm waiting on Deadlocked until at least $20 ($15 with coupon) . . . I'll probably rent it with one of my BB coupons (online rental deal).

Deadlocked will be $20 in six months. Get Fire Emblem now, you know Nintendo doesn't drop to $20 quickly (although I will be waiting until they do).

I would've waited for Xmas to get the expensive games like Fire Emblem and Ratchet, then I would've bought Far Cry for far cheaper. You have to take advantage of Xmas!

bread's done
Back