Help me decide (Wii u and gift cards) :)

howlinmad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Ok, so I have no real interest in Nintendo Land, and the only game I really want is Mario for now and some of the older games on the virtual console. I don't really have a preference of black or white.
Here is my situation. I have enough in gift cards to get a Wii U basic or whatever....

Is the storage situation that big of a deal? Is it easily upgraded?

I would prefer to buy the warranty so that factors into the whole 'it's only 50 bucks' thing.

Do I really NEED deluxe? Are the stands worth it?
My thinking is I can deal with the standard version and get the game I really want for the same money. I have extra USB and SD cards.

I realize it's 'only 50 bucks', but with a new baby (be one 1 March!!!! :) ) I'd rather stick with gifts given for Christmas. :)

Opinions? Wait, just save more, Mario isn't that great and not what you think....I'm open here. :)

It's really up to you... You are the one who is paying for it so you should decide. I went with the deluxe version as this is the new console by Nintendo and extra space could come in handy if I decide that I want more virtual games.

Personally, I don't get it. Either one has a ridiculously small hard drive, and you know that they'll "upgrade" them in a few months. Plus, I just find the whole thing to be lackluster overall. But, if it's really what you want, go for it! I'd say if you have to get one, go with the cheaper as it will be the same as just getting it as a gift. If someone gave it to you, you'd be happy no matter what the storage size was, right?

Well, if you really aren't interested in Nintendo Land, then there's nothing wrong with going with the basic set. That being said, I was in a similar situation before getting the deluxe at launch and it has become my favorite game on the system, even though I'm playing the single player events 75% of the time. If you like score attack, older arcade style games, Nintendo Land is really well worth it.

I ended up getting the Basic because I preferred the white to the gloss black and all of my existing WiiMotes are white. I currently have an older 100gb USB drive attached with no problems at all.

bread's done
Back