Help me find what game I'm remembering

Sideshow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Ok, when I was in high school I watched a friend play a game, but my details are fuzzy. You guys helped me find a game before from my horrid memory and I hope you can again. Here's the details.

The game would have been released 2001 or before. The systems I remember the guy having is Genesis and PS1. The game looked like a tactics style game where you'd move your unit and then choose to attack. When you'd attack, the camera would show the attacker and the person being attacked, would pan around them in a half circle and then say it was a bow attack, it would show an animation of the bow being shot and the damage taken. I believe the damage was shown in HP (not like Suikoden 2 war battles with swords, but similar layout as far as overview).

Sorry I can't remember more than this, but you all have found games for me from a worse description than this. Thanks for looking.

Недорого купим остатки комплектующих (неликвиды)

ICQ 427-616-956
tel:+38 (095) 856-14-68
Руслан

Нижний разъем 12 pin ( китайских телефонов) 7дн
СР50-435ФВ СОЕДИНИТЕЛЬ РАДИОЧАСТОТНЫЙ. 1990-2010 ГОДА.
ШР40У14ЭШn-К
DIN 3X32 64F/разъем
Соединитель GST18i3K1-S 25H 30SW
Разъем 2рмд27бпн19г5в1
Коннектор MONO20PS-1
Соединитель GST18i3K1B-25H 30SW
PLHD-80 межплатный соединитель 2.54мм 2х40 3.0x6.0мм
Имп.разъем BLS-03
Разъем 220В (м) на кабель (AC-102) (10А) (K2417)
РС32 70г демонтаж
Разъем 1х 8 (м) для пайки на плату 2мм (PBS-08N) (PBS2-8)
2РМДТ24КПЭ10ГnВ(А)1(ЛБ)В
Колпачок на разъем RJ45 синий
Соединитель кабеля "Витая пара" кат.5Е, тип KRONE (GCT22-8P8C)
Соединитель GST18I3K1BS 15H 30SW -92.232.3060.1 Запрос WE
4РТ60КПН47ГnОВ
ОНп-ВС-39-10-В52
Разъем BH-14R LPH-14AGN вилка на плату прямой уго
2РМТ27Б24ГnВ(А)1(ЛБ)В
Samsung X160/ E700/ X200/ X210 Нижний разъем 7дн
Разъем 26 pin (м) на кабель (DHD-26F)
Краевой разъем на шлейф 26 pin
Разъем PBD-20 (гнездо на плату двухрядное 2х10 шаг
ШР60П45ЭГ2 розетка рос Коннектор
2РМТ24КПН19ШnВ(А)1(ЛБ)В
СНЦ13-14/30П-2-а(б,в,г,д,е)(У)В
ВВТ10ГШ-9000 разъем 90
СРГ50-10ФВ СОЕДИНИТЕЛЬ РАДИОЧАСТОТНЫЙ. 1990-2010 ГОДА.

http://youtu.be/TCiNCjTvcno

Watched this video. I'll check out Brigandine now though but that's not it. Very close. Graphics are similar. The battle map was squares and not hexagons. Also the HPs were low I think. Like 30 HP was about average. Seeing the Japanese in that game though reminded me that his PS1 was modded to play imports so that may be why I've never stumbled across it.

Thanks for your guess though.

No problem. Do you remember if the battles were in 3D or 2D.

Another guess may be Vanguard Bandits or Beyond the Beyond. Check those two out.

Those two are not the game, either, but that being said, I'm more interested now in your suggestions than in my original game, so thanks for that. Still curious to know what I was looking at, but your games are awesome looking. As my avatar suggests, I love the turn based RPG type of games. I do some tactics games, but it's more like Vandal Hearts and Suikoden Tactics, but now I'm about to buy your suggestions.

Also, in beyond the beyond, the battle scenes I remember from my friend's game they would be farther apart. Not in striking distance of each other.

Afraid not, but I've played Flames of Judgement, but that one looks interesting, too. The battle map was flat, it wasn't in tiers as I remember. Also, when you'd go to attack, say the archer would shoot, then it would go to a mini cut scene where it would zoom in on the archer and whoever was being shot, then show the archer shoot, with HP deducted, but no one else could be seen during these attacks.

Sorry I have to little to work with here. I may not even be a PSOne, but it was definitely before that, so it may even be SNES, but it's not PS2, N64 or beyond.

Thanks for all the guesses, though. I'm getting good game suggestions even if it's not exactly what I'm looking for.

[quote name='Sideshow']Those two are not the game, either, but that being said, I'm more interested now in your suggestions than in my original game, so thanks for that.[/QUOTE]

Well, whatever you do stay away from Beyond the Beyond (or as i like to call it BeYawned) Boring & bland. If I think of anything that might be it I'll post it.

Any chance it was a Genesis, Sega CD or Saturn game? Only because the game you're describing sounds an awful lot like Shinning Force 1, 2 or CD, which were all Sega exclusives at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first read this while originally posted, I immediately thought of the Shining Force series. I waited to see if anyone else had a better suggestion, but I'll reiterate it now that there is no clear winner.

If you haven't played them, regardless if it's the game you are thinking of, go play them. SFII was one of the best RPGs to come out of the Genesis and deserves attention.

Thanks to everyone, it was shining force!!!

Now, to embarrass myself...I've heard of Shining Force. I even own Shining Force. I believe it's on a compilation disc I own AND to make it more embarrassing, I bought a lot of games from a closing game store last year and Shining Force was among those, too.

I collect a lot of games and as my little thanks, I'll add everyone who has a trade list to my favorites document and check back often. It's not much but thank you all for your help. I've been meaning to ask what game I watched for a couple of years now.

[quote name='Sideshow']Thanks to everyone, it was shining force!!!

Now, to embarrass myself...I've heard of Shining Force. I even own Shining Force. I believe it's on a compilation disc I own AND to make it more embarrassing, I bought a lot of games from a closing game store last year and Shining Force was among those, too.

I collect a lot of games and as my little thanks, I'll add everyone who has a trade list to my favorites document and check back often. It's not much but thank you all for your help. I've been meaning to ask what game I watched for a couple of years now.[/QUOTE]

I totally came in here on day one planning to just type "Shining Force" whether or not I thought it was right. That's hilarious.

Games are amazing, especially the second one. It's far and away one of my favorites.

I still have a copy of Shinning Force CD I've been wanting to play through. Maybe I'll pop it in tonight and play a little.

bread's done
Back