Help me get the best deal for RockBand

cartman58

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Ok, here is my situation.

I've got a $100 giftcard to BestBuy so I am looking to purchase atleast part of RockBand there. At first I only have to have the guitar, game, and drums. The only person with interest in singing is my sister and she only comes over about every week or 2.

I've been putting off purchasing the RockBand Bundle because Best Buy still has RockBand at $149 while CC and Amazon have it $20 cheaper.

I see that the drums are on sale for around $40 from Amazon. I have also seen the actual game for around $30 somewhere, might've been Amazon. So that's $70 for those two. If I could get the guitar for $60 or less then I've just owned the BestBuy prices.

So, should I try to buy it piece by piece or will there be a price drop at BB anytime soon? I've held off buying RockBand because of the price since I'm not a huge music guy so this would be more of a group fun game. But now that I got a $100 BB giftcard I've been stimulated into making the move.

So help me with the logistics, por favor!

It's not $20 cheaper. PS3 and 360 Rock Band is $149 at Amazon.

I doubt there will be any price drop soon. Maybe right before GH4 comes out, but that's probably about it. I say buy the whole set. Unless you can find someone to sell the GC to, get the entire thing at BB. I paid $56 for the game, $53 for the drums, and had my Xplorer guitar from GHII, so I didn't need the Strat. As for the mic, at the moment I'm borrowing one from my friend since he doesn't like to sing.

[quote name='funkydunkleman']It's not $20 cheaper. PS3 and 360 Rock Band is $149 at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

That was a typo. BestBuy's Rockband is $169. So yes, Amazon is $20 cheaper.

I doubt there will be any price drop soon. Maybe right before GH4 comes out, but that's probably about it. I say buy the whole set. Unless you can find someone to sell the GC to, get the entire thing at BB. I paid $56 for the game, $53 for the drums, and had my Xplorer guitar from GHII, so I didn't need the Strat. As for the mic, at the moment I'm borrowing one from my friend since he doesn't like to sing.

Hmm. I'll keep doing my research on this. But yea, you are probably right about no price drops for a while.

The drums are $48.99 on Amazon. I remember seeing RockBand(game-only) for in the $30 range somewhere. We'll see.

With the gold box trick on Amazon, it comes to $142.49 (free ship, no tax). If you buy it in 3 pieces (drums, game, guitar), be prepared to pay 3 different shipping rates or tax.

Apply for the Amazon VISA (nothing new) and it's another $30 back, or use your existing Amazon VISA and it's 3 points per dollar (about 420 pts) towards 2500 points for $25 GC.

Skip the rockband guitar, it sucks. Look for a deal on a GHII bundle and use that guitar. Any USB mike will work, and just ask your self if you really want the drums.

[quote name='DAWG26']^ How do you do the Amazon trick for Rock Band?[/quote]

It's actually the Quick Picks trick to get an item to appear with 5% off in your Quick Picks (under the Gold Box link). There's a full description here for how to do the same trick for a Canon camera:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=375395&t=828245

For Rock Band, just remove everything from your recommendations list except for items related ONLY to Rock Band . I rated Rock Band drum covers with 5 stars and managed to get it to appear in my Gold Box on the 2nd day. Another friend created a new Amazon account, rated the drum covers, and got Rock Band to appear on the first day. Good luck!

Well, I ended up biting the bullet and buying it at BestBuy. However, I pricematched with Circuit City and got it for $139. It was like $152 I believe total.

I had a $100 gift card and got $20 in the mail for graduation. $152-$120=$32 out of pocket for Rockband. I'll take it.

bread's done
Back