Help me sort out this ebay mess, please!

marie

CAG Veteran
I sold a Wii on ebay.

The winner emailed me to say that he didn't want it and asked if I could cancel the transaction.

He already sent a Paypal payment, which I have not accepted.
There are Accept and Deny buttons on Paypal for the transaction, but the Deny button isn't clickable.

I still have the item.

I listed it with a return policy: "The buyer has 7 days to return the item (the buyer pays shipping fees). The item will be refunded."

I'm ok with not selling it to him, assuming I only lose the ten cents of ebay fees that it costs to list.

Are there any other losses that I'm not taking into consideration (aside from time)?

What should I do? How can I not accept the Paypal payment? Help!

[quote name='loca']Accept then refund. It will cost you to refund some percentage not sure what.[/QUOTE]

Seems like there should be a cheaper way?

Actually, I don't know that it does cost to refund ,I think they refund YOU the fees if you do it within a certain time frame. I'm not sure of the ebay fees involved, though.

It shouldn't cost you anything to deny the payment or refund a payment. What it does cost you is the final value fee from Ebay which is probably going to be significant for the price of a Wii. Legally, he's obligated to buy it since he went through wth the transaction and sent the money.

I say you file a non-paying bidder dispute and deny the payment. You can then both agree to mutually agree not to complete the transaction. You get your final value fee back, but not the listing fee (which is the small fee). And the buyer does not get a non-payment strike. Read the terms in the dispute console links on your myeBay page and explain them to the bidder. Hopefully everything works out amicably without any negative feedbacks. Just be clear in your emails with them about the process.

bmulligan is spot on regarding this situation, you need to either deny the payment or accept and refund, that will cost you nothing either way, however you want to get your final value fee back by filing a non paying bidder.

Good luck!

bread's done
Back