Help me take down a Wow eBay scammer.

billg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hi all.

I picked up a copy of World of Warcraft not too long ago, but almost immediately afterwards I got a job and decided I wouldn't have time to play the game after all. I hadn't opened it yet, and was ready to return it to the store, but then I saw that I could actually get more for it on eBay. I put up an auction, it sold, the buyer requested the CD Key be e-mailed to him, and I did so.

Long story short, a few days later I get word from Paypal that the buyer's payment was "unauthorized"(apparently he used a stolen credit card), and they took my money away. So now I had no game and no money, while some other guy had both. From what I gather, he wasn't even located in the US, but from China and was using a hacked eBay account. So contacting the police won't do any good either.

So I'm wondering, since I still have the CDKey, is there anything I can do to get this guy back, or get his account shut down? I contacted Blizzard about it, but they don't care as they already got their money. In fact, they chastized me for selling the game, saying it violates their EULA. Well then shouldn't this guy's account be closed? Apparently not.

So I turn to you, oh wonderous CAG, for suggestions on anything I can do to get this guy's account shut down. It's obvious I'm not getting my money back, I realize that, but I'm hoping I can at least hurt him where it really counts.

So... it was unopened, and you sent him the CD key? How?

Anyway, if you tell Blizz you misplaced the CD-key info they should send you a new key with proof of purchase. At least, that's what they do with Warcraft 2/3 and Starcraft. I lost my SC key a while back, they had me mail the CD to them and they sent me a new copy with key.

Yes, I opened the package to give the buyer the CD-Key, because technically the game was now his since he bought it. I'm certain he's used it by now if he wanted it e-mailed to him.

Ebay and Paypal just say "hahahahahaha we got our money sucks for you" whenever this happens so that's a dead end.

You're right Blizzard should do something about the account if you have some sort of proof of ownership. They shouldn't have been dicks about it.

bread's done
Back