HELP! My 60 G Ps3 did the YLD! What do I do??

Solid-Snake-08

CAGiversary!
Last night I left my ps3 on as I fell asleep and woke up only to find my ps3's red light blinking. I passed out and said "What the hell is going on?" So i hit the switch and turned it back on and everything was normal and installed the Uncharted 2 demo only for it to shut off again and do the red blinks. So i turned it on again and it went green, yellow, then blinking red again.

I have had my Ps3 since December of 2006. What do I do??? :cry: :cry:

how did you fall a sleep playing a game what game was it

Its the ylod. From my past experience with a 60gb, send it to sony for a fix. Sony charges a flat fee of $150 for the fix. Dont go through any other options except this one. They are a waste of time and money.

Well the game I slept on was red faction. I will call SONY. Man it sucks paying $150 for something like this tbh. Thanks guys.

You fell asleep during Red Faction? Seriously? That game is fun, fun and MORE fun. Mind you, some of the long drives between sectors to deliver some vehicles and other longer missions like that drag on, but I've never fallen asleep playing a game.

Oh and darrenj, if someone has time, patience and only half of what Sony wants for a repair, then why NOT try to do it yourself? Because sending it into the company that sold the defective item in the first place is better?

HA! I learned how to repair PS2's with the dreaded DRE last gen and I cracked open more of those than I'd care to even mention. You know how many of those got the DRE again? ZERO!!

Yet a couple friends didn't trust me to do the cleaning to their lens and sent theirs into Sony. Guess what happened? One guy got back 4-5 different PS2's and all had either worse problems or the SAME problem he paid Sony to fix.

Going 'official' isn't ALWAYS best. Just saying...

bread's done
Back