Help! My Silent PS2...

Decker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I wonder if someone could help me. I hadn't used my PS2 in a while until I got that Tekken stick today. I have always used an optic cable and a dedicated input and have never had a problem. Today, I couldn't get any sound out of my PS2. The optical cable is still plugged in right. The inputs are all right. The digital out on the PS2 is set to ON. I'm stumped. Do you think the cable could stop working or could there be a problem with the PS2? I'm stumped.

Thanks

It could be your receiver as well as the PS2. Is it connected well on that end, right input? Older receiver? Mute button depressed?

No mute button and all other inputs are working fine. So is the PS2's video input. It's just not giving me sound.

[quote name='yukine']Well, it's obviously not the receiver. I personally think it's the cable, you should be able to find new one on the cheap at www.monoprice.com.[/QUOTE]
I have a spare optcal cable I picked up at BB. Do they ever just "die"? I'll try swapping it out today.

Thanks for your help. Turns out that the input mode that I use for the PS2 input was set to "Analog" instead of "Auto" and therefor the optical cable wasn't working. One simple buton push fixed it.

Sorry to waste anyone's time with this. Much appreciated.

I was going to chime in on this. I think some games don't support optical out.

One game comes to mind is Parappa 2. The game works fine through the regular speakers but if I switch to Optical mode, there's no sound.. which is pretty dumb since it's a music game. :)

bread's done
Back