HELP! N64 expansion pak compatibility issues

snotknocker

CAGiversary!
Can someone help with this.

I just sold a copy of Crusin USA because I have 2. When I tested it, it played fine. The N64 system I tested it on DID NOT have a memory expansion pak in it. So now I'm itching to play it and bust it out in my basement game room on a second N64 WITH a memory expansion pak and the game stops at the title screen. So I check the other copy of the game and it does the same thing. Both games do not work with the expansion pak. Weird. Can someone confirm this or is it known to others and not me that there are certain games that do not load on decks with the expansion pak. Or maybe i just got 2 games that are partially fucked

I'm pretty sure there are games that have issues when using the expansion pack. I think Space Station Silicon Valley was supposed to be one, but I never had a problem with it. I'm sure if you did a google search you may be able to find a full list.

I have never had a problem with Crusin USA on a N64 with the expansion pak. However, my Beetle Adventure Racing crashed all the time because of a corrupt controller pak. Is it just Crusin USA or does it occur with other games?

Is it a Nintendo Brand expansion? I know there were 3rd party packs that likely have issues that offical ones do not.

I don't think I have played Crusin USA since I got my expansion pack but now I guess I better find the jumper pack in case I want to play that or any other non compatiable game.

Turns out it was a faulty memory card that I had in the second controller hooked up on the deck with the exp. pak. When I removed it the game worked fine - thanks guys

bread's done
Back